Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exogal Comet

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Exogal Comet

    I've read some rave reviews, anyone have any experience with this DAC?

  • #2
    It certainly has piqued my interest. Perhaps Brian Walsh can comment.

    It's main drawback to me is its lack of high-rez digital playback.
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com
    ________________________________________

    -Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
    -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post
      It certainly has piqued my interest. Perhaps Brian Walsh can comment.

      It's main drawback to me is its lack of high-rez digital playback.
      Huh? It handles DSD64 and DSD128. It uses FPGAs, and the firmware is flash upgradable in the field by the dealer.

      We will have the Comet Plus on demonstration at the AXPONA show here in Chicago, room 554. Jeff Haagenstad and Jim Kinne of Exogal will be in our room to answer questions.
      Brian Walsh
      ttsetup.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by bpw View Post
        Huh? It handles DSD64 and DSD128. It uses FPGAs, and the firmware is flash upgradable in the field by the dealer.

        We will have the Comet Plus on demonstration at the AXPONA show here in Chicago, room 554. Jeff Haagenstad and Jim Kinne of Exogal will be in our room to answer questions.

        Thanks for the correction Brian. Maybe I was thinking the first version? Beats me. Maybe I was confusing it with the new Wadia DACs?
        Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
        Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com
        ________________________________________

        -Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
        -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
        -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
        -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
        -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
        -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
        -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
        -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
        -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
        -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

        Comment


        • #5
          It must have been something else because Exogal has handled DSD from the beginning. Are you aware that the principals of Exogal are former Wadia folks, notably Jim Kinne and Larry Jacoby who cofounded Wadia Digital? Jeff Haagenstad was with Fine Sounds Group after their acquisition of Wadia.
          Brian Walsh
          ttsetup.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bpw View Post
            It must have been something else because Exogal has handled DSD from the beginning. Are you aware that the principals of Exogal are former Wadia folks, notably Jim Kinne and Larry Jacoby who cofounded Wadia Digital? Jeff Haagenstad was with Fine Sounds Group after their acquisition of Wadia.

            Yes. Met them in your room at RMAF last year.
            Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
            Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com
            ________________________________________

            -Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
            -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
            -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
            -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
            -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
            -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
            -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
            -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
            -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
            -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

            Comment

            Working...
            X