Audioraven's cheap and effective DIY Cable Lifters/Isolaters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audioraven's cheap and effective DIY Cable Lifters/Isolaters

I made these Cable Lifters out of a 6 foot length of 1/2" foam pipe insulation from the local Lowe's store. Cost me 97 cents for the 6 foot piece. I cut the insulation into 3" lengths with a serrated kitchen knife. Here are some pictures of them ready to go.

Click image for larger version

Name:	elevgrp.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	923.0 KB
ID:	62305Click image for larger version

Name:	crosssr.JPG
Size:	367.7 KB
ID:	62306

Here are some pics of them in use.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tubular.JPG
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	62308Click image for larger version

Name:	tubular2.JPG
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	62309Click image for larger version

Name:	bridge (2).JPG
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	62310

Comment

I put these around/under my speaker cables and the power cords to my DAC and my Receiver. I was not really expecting much, if anything in the sonic improvement department. I was pleasantly surprised to find a nice little upgrade in sound quality.

Comment

If nothing else, allows one to route IC and speaker cables away from power cords! Probably the most important thing one can do. Mixing ICs and PCs can definitely harden the sound!
        Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
        Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers, cj ART monoblock Amplifiers; cj GAT preamplifier Series 2; Doshi V3.0 phonostage; VPI Vanquish turntable/12-inch 3D tonearm/Lyra Atlas SL, Ortofon A95, Charisma Reference 2, vdh Colibri Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Fuuga cartridges; Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads/Doshi V3.0 tape stage run balanced; Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords. Stillpoint Aperture panels, MPod Magico feet, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC. Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks; Audiodharma Cable Cooker; Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Working...
        X