No announcement yet.

845 Tube Amp - What's your fave?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I now have the LM 518ia (Singapore upgraded version) running to my PMC Twenty26. It sounds nice but doesn't drive the Twenty26 as well as the Marantz MM8077 power amp.
    Which is a shame...86dB sensitivity.
    John M. Read PhD CPsychol;
    Oppo 103D SE, Cocktail Audio X40 SE, Marantz TT15S1 turntable. Marantz AV8802A SE, Burmester 897 Upgraded with phonostage. Emotiva XPA5, Marantz MM8077 SE, Finale Galliard 829B SE, Line Magnetic 518ia (SG Ver). Time Portal interconnect cables. Furman Elite Pfi 20, Power Transformer. PMC Twenty26, Sound Dynamics Centre and Bookshelf Dipole rears, Atacama stands, MartinLogan in-ceilings and rears, IDEA & Velodyn 12" subs. All SE by The Upgrade Company, Michigan USA.

Comment

Originally posted by kcin View Post

One of the best 211's IMO is the Wyetech. Made in Canada . I have the Topaz 211C. About 130lbs or so all power supply. It pretty well has handled most speakers aplomb. Recently, the mfr, has moved to mono block only construction and more than doubled the price unfortunately about $35K.

If used is in realm of thought for the original poster and 211 makes sense... ( you should really hear a 845 and 211) the Wyetech may be your last stop. I love mine. On the used market the original stereo Topaz might be a bargain.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wyetech.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	410.5 KB
ID:	53289
      I'd certainly like to try such a 211 amp. I'll scout the used market. I really appreciate your targeted response here. Thank you.

Oppo 103D SE, Cocktail Audio X40 SE, Marantz TT15S1 turntable. Marantz AV8802A SE, Burmester 897 Upgraded with phonostage. Emotiva XPA5, Marantz MM8077 SE, Finale Galliard 829B SE, Line Magnetic 518ia (SG Ver). Time Portal interconnect cables. Furman Elite Pfi 20, Power Transformer. PMC Twenty26, Sound Dynamics Centre and Bookshelf Dipole rears, Atacama stands, MartinLogan in-ceilings and rears, IDEA & Velodyn 12" subs. All SE by The Upgrade Company, Michigan USA.

Comment

I haven't replied to this thread, so my vote goes to the Absolare 845 SET mono's .

Click image for larger version

Name:	triodeAmplifier1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	69633
        Front End: Vitus SCD-025 Mk2, Oppo BPD-103 Amp: Vitus SIA-025 Speakers: Magico S5 Mk2 Isolation: Taoc ASR series racks, Taoc SCB-RS-HC50G, Stillpoints Ultra 6's + Bases/Mini's/LPI's AC Power: Furutech GTX-D(G), Gigawatt PC-3 SE Evo, Jorma Prime pc's (re-terminated with cryo'd Oyaide M1/F1’s), Jorma Unity pc (re-terminated with Oyaide P-004/C-004’s) Cables: Jorma Prime xlr's + Statement sc's, Siltech Classic Anniversary rca's + HDMI Tweaks: Acoustic Revive (various), Akiko E-tuning Gold MkII

Comment

Looking through the music, Tidal Masters plays well on this amp. I want to chase down a more sensitive set of speakers than the PMC Twenty26 I have right now, and explore greater capabilities of this amp.

Comment

I nominate the Absolare SET or Push-Pull, and I agree with Jim about the wonderful Viva Aurora!

Comment

Working...
            X