X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • longbowbbs
    Premier Club Member
    • Jan 2016

PS Audio BHK 300 Mono's

Nothing like new amps for Christmas. I have upgraded from the PS Audio BHK 250 Stereo amplifier to their BHK 300 Mono blocks. More is better right??!!

​​​​​​
    VPI Prime Signature with Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, Simaudio Moon 610LP Phono Pre, Luxman CL-38uC, MQ-88uC, DeVore O/93's, Cary DMS-700, Roon, AudioQuest Niagara 5000, Thunder Power cables, CastleRock speaker cables, MacKenzie interconnects and Diamond USB.
  • tom_hankins
    Forum Leader
    • May 2016

Well, that didn't take long. Congratulations! And yeah, more is better.
    SOURCE: VINYL - EAT C-Sharp with, EAT LPS power supply, My Sonic Lab Signature Gold
    DIGITAL - Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC. Roon Nucleus w/EAT Lps power supply. Auralic Aires G1
    PHONOSTAGE: AudioNet PAM G2 with AudioNet EPX power supply.
    PREAMP: Audionet PRE G2.
    AMPLIFIER: Audionet MAX monoblocks.
    SPEAKERS: YG Acoustics Anat III Signatures (upgraded to Sonja 1.2) JL Audio F112 V2 (x2)
    CABLES: Kubala-Sosna, Kubala Sosna Xpander.....Audio Desk Systeme RCM, Adona Rack, GIK & Acoustimac room treatment, Isoacoustics

Comment

• Alrainbow
      Premier Club Member
      • Feb 2016

Originally posted by longbowbbs
      Nothing like new amps for Christmas. I have upgraded from the PS Audio BHK 250 Stereo amplifier to their BHK 300 Mono blocks. More is better right??!!

​​​​​​
      Care to share any thoughts ??
      analog stuff.
      otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 made new by soren
      otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 1/2 combo made new by soren
      sota sapphire used eminent tech ver 2 arm
      new sota nova table has magnetic levitation platter and full speed control and latest motor same arm as above
      thorens td124 sme ver 2 arm
      thorens td125 sme ver 2 arm
      kenwood direct drive sme ver 2 arm
      phono preamp Ml no 25 all re capped
      speakers cust infinity IRS V , new caps and LPS , magnets etc.
      mark levivson pre no 26 amps no 33
      digital three cust servers , win ser 2016 , AO
      Dacs lampi various

Comment

• longbowbbs
        Premier Club Member
        • Jan 2016

It is burn in time so nothing at the moment. I have them burning in the GamuT RS5i's too. Lot's of potential around here...
        VPI Prime Signature with Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, Simaudio Moon 610LP Phono Pre, Luxman CL-38uC, MQ-88uC, DeVore O/93's, Cary DMS-700, Roon, AudioQuest Niagara 5000, Thunder Power cables, CastleRock speaker cables, MacKenzie interconnects and Diamond USB.

Comment

• Alrainbow
          Premier Club Member
          • Feb 2016

How was the first one , did you upgRde the tubes before you bought these. It's a good assumption you liked them before hence and upgarde in model.
          may I ask what amp or Amos you had before. There is a NYC dealer and I own old aragons bb8008 bb now. I am looking to upgarde them.
          analog stuff.
          new sota nova table has magnetic levitation platter and full speed control and latest motor same arm as above
          Dacs lampi various

Comment

• longbowbbs
            Premier Club Member
            • Jan 2016

I loved the BHK 250. It is a superb stereo amp. I swapped the Golden Lions for a pair of Tungsram PCC88's and it is a nice improvement in midrange. Prior to that I was running a Van Alstine 200 watt solid state. Nice amp but not comparable to the BHK's. This recent upgrade from the Stereo to the Mono's was a testament to how much I liked the Stereo version and I simply wanted to move up to the top line product. So far so good.

Comment

• Gusf
              • Jul 2016

Congratulations! Should be a nice pairing with the Gamut's. 👍

Comment

• longbowbbs
                Premier Club Member
                • Jan 2016

It is proving to be a happy pairing. Everyone is breaking in nicely. The bass is really coming out now.

Comment

• Dave Clark
                  Premier Club Member
                  • Feb 2016

Still happy with the stereo here... but one day!
                  Dave Clark
                  Editor and Publisher, Positive Feedback
                  www.positive-feedback.com

Comment

• longbowbbs
                    Premier Club Member
                    • Jan 2016

Dave, I think you have some room between the Quattro CT's.....

Comment

• Dave Clark
                      Premier Club Member
                      • Feb 2016

Wish I did. This is our living room and getting to anything is becoming an issue. Always liked the clean look and now we have stuff everywhere!
                      Dave Clark
                      Editor and Publisher, Positive Feedback
                      www.positive-feedback.com

Comment

• Alrainbow
                        Premier Club Member
                        • Feb 2016

You have plenty of really nice stuff in there .
                        analog stuff.
                        Dacs lampi various

Comment

• P05129
                          • Oct 2017

I just traded a pair of Classe ct-m300 monoblocks for anew PS Audio BHK 250 and nice improvement. Plenty of power for my Usher X-Towers. Where did you get your upgraded tubes from and did they make a big improvement?

Comment

• JCOConnell
                            Premier Club Member
                            • Jan 2016

I'd remove that digital clock from the ac outlet, It might affect the amps.
                            Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Audio Technica AT-OC9XML Cart (Stereo) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (Stereo) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (Stereo) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (Mono) , Luxman Tonearm (Mono) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (Mono) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones, Headroom Max Balanced Headphone Amp, DIY Silver Interconnects

Comment

• longbowbbs
                              Premier Club Member
                              • Jan 2016

I have bought tubes from Upscale Audio and Tube Depot for the 250 and the Mono 300's. Lot's of good choices to roll with.

Comment

Working...