Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review of the Aries Cerat Diana Forte power amplifier

Hello all,

I am happy to report to you the very positive review of the Aries Cerat Diana Forte SET amplifier by Enjoy the Music.com. Please check: http://www.enjoythemusic.com/superio...ier_Review.htm

This is a true SET amplifier but featuring 60Watt output power driving about all but the most difficult speaker loads. It is actually the stereo version of Aries Cerat's Concero65 mono blocks which feature by default an impedance selector switch.

Enjoy the read!
    Distributor for Entreq, Aries Cerat, Stenheim, 432EVO and SMT for Belgium and The Netherlands.
    www.ultisone.be or facebook/ultisone

I would not want this amp in a house with children and/or pets. It uses super rare tubes and operates at dangerously high voltages and must generate very high heat.
    Both the 813 & 814 tubes are just about extinct, I assume the manufacturer has a supply, but you will be relying on their mercy.

Comment

Hi Dr.Ears, thank you for your comments. Allow me to clarify some things to the points you raise.

The tubes are not that rare as you make it sound. They are not mainstream that is correct, nor is the amplifier ...but the tubes still can be purchased in some numbers. But yes, the manufacturer does carry a large stock of them. It is noteworthy they last till well above 5000 hours, so with normal usage (i.e. 1000 hours per year), you will need maximum one replacement pair in the first 10 years!

Most higher-powered tubes have high voltages. As you can see on the pictures, the Aries Cerat amplifiers have very sturdy tube protection cages so an inadvertent contact is very unlikely.

The heat produced by this amplifier is the equivalent of 1000 Watt. In my room, which is 22 sq.m. and has a quite low ceiling of 2.35 cms, this implies the room heats up by 1 °C every two hours and I have no ventilation in the room. I like to think this is a fairly moderate effect. If you are having the amplifiers on all day in a similar room, some ventilation would be required effectively.

Many other amplifiers will be producing at least as much heat. I won't name brands but I used to have push pull tube amps with a quartet (or even an octet) of KT tubes per channel and the heat production was in another league! I find the 1°C increase for my fairly small room every couple of hours not a problem and not different from Class A amps that would need to have at least 150W of power to have the equivalent in apparent power from the Diana's.
      Distributor for Entreq, Aries Cerat, Stenheim, 432EVO and SMT for Belgium and The Netherlands.
      www.ultisone.be or facebook/ultisone

Comment

Working...
      X