ARC Trade-In Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARC Trade-In Program

Audio Research initiated a trade-in program that runs from today (June 15th) through July 31, 2017.
    Learn more here.

sign o' the times, or...

Comment

Throw back to similar McIntosh programs. Same parent company.
      Phono: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 Power Supplies and Volume controls
      Brinkmann Balance & RonT Tube Power supply with Kuzma 4-point ,FR64S, Brinkmann 12.1 , .Koetsu Jade Platinum,Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum, Lyra Atlas Lamda, Lyra Etna SL Goldfinger Statement, KLAUDIO RCM, HRSM3X
      Amps: Custom Direct Drive, Wyetech Topaz, Futterman H3 Quad II,Citation II, Marantz 8b, 5 ,2. Bedini 25/25
      Pre-Amps:Marantz 7, Marantz Model 1 Consolette Pair
      Speakers: Beveridge Model 3 Direct Drive amps, REL S/2 x 2, Quad ESL pair
      Otari 5050BXII, DeHavilland 222

Comment

Nice program by Audio Research. Back in the day, Salon 1 Audio(Wisconsin Rapids, WI) had a 100% Trade in program. With the purchase of upgraded audio equipment, Salon 1 gave you 100% of your original purchase price on trade. If Bruce knew you, he would send out equipment for trial for only the cost of shipping. If Salon 1 was still around, my stereo would be much nicer and my bank account would probably be quite a bit smaller. One of the few things I miss from late 70's and 1980's.
        CJ Gat, Lamm ML1.1, CJ Tea1 S3 phono, TW Acoustics Raven AC, Tri-Planer MK Vll SE, Vdh Crimson Stradivarius, Exemplar Modded 205(Tube Output & separate power supply), Rockport Avior ll Speakers, Shunyata Everest, Triton V3, Shunyata Sigma Power Cables, Sigma SC's & Python Zitron IC's. Audio Desk Pro LP Cleaner, Stillpoints & Stillpoints Aperture Panels.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Double-plus one to that. Best audio dealer I ever met. Bruce is now with Stillpoints.

• Hawk
          Hawk commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for comment Tim. I agree! I still talk to Bruce and run into him occasionally. Great guy.

• Rob
          Rob commented
          Editing a comment
          A dealer giving you 100% back is not unusual, but a manufacturer doing this, esp ARC!(?) I recall the days when their products carried a wait list and depending on how much you spent with their dealer determined where you sat. the wait time for an SP-11 Mk II at its height ran close to a year.

ARC starting a vintage program?

I'm supposed to trade in my SP-3a for about 600 instead of selling it for 2000? Sometimes particular items are not representative of the goals of either the buyer or seller. There will be some significant deals to be had with gear that has dropped a good bit in value but not for the ones that are appreciating well past list price. Each unit needs particular evaluation.

Working condition...reasonable shape. Just how beat up is reasonable shape?

Comment

• Rob
          Rob commented
          Editing a comment
          I just acquired an SP-3. its going straight to Joe Curcio once his move is complete. Thats about what I paid.

• MylesBAstor
          MylesBAstor commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow Joe is still around? I remember his Daniel 6DJ8 cascode preampliifier projects in Audio Amateur. Looked it up and his article went back to 1984. Wow.

• Rob
          Rob commented
          Editing a comment
          Joe just retired from Apple (i think). He's alive and kicking and recently relocated from No. Cal to WA state.

Interesting announcement and you beat me to the posting. Certainly helps drive business at the beginning of the slow summer season not to mention audiophiles that might be sitting on the fence about buying a new unit. It seems that all models are there (?) though the announcement says "select" pieces. I guess it just meant amps, preamps and phono sections. Announcement also says up to 75%; wonder how they determine the credit towards new ARC gear? Vintage worth? Age of unit?
        Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
        Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
        -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
        -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
        -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
        -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
        -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
        -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
        -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
        -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
        -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          I suspect sufficient price differntial between the trade-in and the new model is a factor. The Ref 6 and Ref 3 Phono are only $1000 more than their predecessor models, the 5SE and the 2SE, so I doubt you'd get 75%. It's not gonna be a Give-Away Program. :-)

I suspect sufficient price differntial between the trade-in and the new model is a factor. The Ref 6 and Ref 3 Phono are only $1000 more than their predecessor models, the 5SE and the 2SE, so I doubt you'd get 75%. It's not gonna be a Give-Away Program. :-)
        Well .... perhaps my comment above is incorrect. While it is hearsay, I saw a report on a different board where the person reported he was told by his dealer that under the Trade-in Program a Ref5se is worth 9750, allowing trade-up to the 14k msrp REF6 for $4300 or so. Don't know if or how much latitude dealers have on this program, but it would be surprising if they had any. If the report is accurate then ARC is indeed offering a sweet deal - trade in at 75% of retail. Almost sounds to good to be true?? Hmmmm....

Not that many ARC users here but if anyone pursues this i'd be interesting in hearing what you find out. tia

Comment

Originally posted by tima View Post

Well .... perhaps my comment above is incorrect. While it is hearsay, I saw a report on a different board where the person reported he was told by his dealer that under the Trade-in Program a Ref5se is worth 9750, allowing trade-up to the 14k msrp REF6 for $4300 or so. Don't know if or how much latitude dealers have on this program, but it would be surprising if they had any. If the report is accurate then ARC is indeed offering a sweet deal - trade in at 75% of retail. Almost sounds to good to be true?? Hmmmm....

Not that many ARC users here but if anyone pursues this i'd be interesting in hearing what you find out. tia
          This actually sounds like it could be the beginning of a real trade in program with legs.

1. If ARC are doing this properly, there is no reason those numbers would not work for everyone involved.
          2. While the trade is overvalued, it is not so much so as to make the the program appear disingenuous.
          3. To make this even more valuable, ARC will hopefully transition this from a limited time sales program (which is what it is right now) to a full time trade in program based on real market values. What will the value of the trade be on August 1? It should be the same as July 31.

At Wilson, we have been already doing this officially for going on two years. The Certified Authentic and Trade In Programs are permanent, based on the true market retail values, and striving to create a new Wilson buying experience for anyone buying our products, new or used, from a Wilson Authorized dealer. Companies who have more than a generation of owners and strongly support their customers are primed to do the exact same thing. Embracing your customer regardless of where he purchased the product and enthusiastically bringing him into the fold is a great thing for everyone, imo. The sooner more companies start to do this, the better it will be for the future stability of our industry.

Comment

• MylesBAstor
            MylesBAstor commented
            Editing a comment
            Manufacturers are less dependent on audiogon on similar sites too.

• Doxycc
            Doxycc commented
            Editing a comment
            Bill - what's the trade-in value of my Metaphor speakers at Wilson?

• MylesBAstor
            MylesBAstor commented
            Editing a comment
            I remember when Bill and Karl brought them by Tom Miiller's place! 👍

I'm definitely interested in this since I have a Ref 5se and Ref 2se phono - both with less than 1800 hours on them. If I can get 75% of MSRP I would definitely do it. I just don't have a local dealer anymore. I wonder if the units go directly back to ARC or a dealer resells them? Anyone with any more info?

Comment

• JCOConnell
            JCOConnell commented
            Editing a comment
            I would just inquire at ARC

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            JC is right - check with Audio Research. You also might find out who is the dealer closest to you and check with them.

Here is some info I have acquired:

As far as sending the product back to ARC, the dealer has the option to keep it or send it back. Either way, a customer can get it up to 75% of MSRP.

The way it works is that you can upgrade preamp to preamp, and phono to phono. The new ARC product must cost at least the MSRP of your original piece + the 75% you're getting for it. So that would eliminate, for example, a Ref 5se owner moving up to a Ref 6. A Ref 10 would be the only preamp one could trade up to in that system.

Comment

• JCOConnell
            JCOConnell commented
            Editing a comment
            that sucks
        Working...
        X