Mike L, your new amps are on the way!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike L, your new amps are on the way!

Here are the prototype NHB-468 amps proudly displayed by Mr Dartzeel himself, Hervé Deletraz! I found some preliminary specs for the amps on a Chinese website (see below), so obviously they could be inaccurate or subject to change. But knowing Hervé, they should be amazing amps!

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	203.8 KB ID:	59804Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	56.0 KB ID:	59805
    Last edited by Bodhi; 07-21-2017, 01:34 AM.

I need to ask Herve about them.

I do have 2 faceplates from these. All I can afford. LoL

Comment

Pleasure control turned up to max!

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	59823

Comment

thanks for the link; I had not seen that. and you are correct; those will be my next amps.

can't wait. :-)

at the L.A. Show all Herve said was that the 468 will be better, and that my 458's will fully be upgradable to the 468.

I don't know what he has done or when these will be offered for sale (or when I can send in mine for the upgrade). I'm not one to read specs and 'speculate' on what that would mean in listening terms.
        https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/615

Comment

• Madfloyd
          Madfloyd commented
          Editing a comment
          Upgradeable?!!!! Darn.

Herve spends as much time as needed to perfect his amps, so when the 468's are eventually released it should be worth the wait! It's great that the 458's will be fully upgradeable to 468 spec. Few high end manufacturers offer that kind of service these days .
        Last edited by Bodhi; 07-21-2017, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Maybe Jonathan can comment too.
          Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
          Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
          -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
          -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
          -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
          -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
          -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
          -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
          -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
          -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
          -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhi View Post
            Few high end manufacturers offer that kind of service these days .
            unheard of with power amps. This is a first.

Christian
            System Gear

Comment

• Bodhi
              Bodhi commented
              Editing a comment
              Christian, I know Vitus Audio for example will upgrade power amps where possible as they are module based. Modwright are another company which offer upgrades for legacy products (eg: KWA-150 > SE spec). But it's not common practice these days.
          Working...
          X