Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kondo Kaguras in Da House and Warming Up

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My last remark for today: Bob mentioned the name of Kevin Scott, the UK distributor of inter alia Kondo. Kevin has an awful lot of experience with the various Kondo (pre)amps. He is very fond of the Gakuoh amps, in particular of the pp version (although - just to be sure on this - he also loves the se version). I bought my Gakuoh se amps from him quite a while back and recently got the 300b valves he and the Kron factory developed. Lovely 300b tubes (played them for about 150 hours so they will (even) get better).

    As Myles described so eloquently in his review, the Kondo sound stands out for its refinement, subtlety and smoothness. But with the right speakers, tubes, cables, pc's, mechanical isolation and power/grounding the Kondo's are also very transparent albeit in a somewhat understated way, that is in a less obvious - and to my ears more natural - way than many highly regarded amps.
    Audiocrack
    Premier Club Member
    Last edited by Audiocrack; 10-26-2016, 12:55 AM.

    Comment


    • I promise, this is really my last contribution of today, but please fund attached the link to an indepth review if thr Gakuoh se. Enjoy.

      http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/kondo3/gakuoh.html

      Comment


      • Have been playing with the Kagura’s and g-1000 linestage in my Tidal La Assoluta set up the last couple of months. Breaking them in - in particular the Kagura’s - was quite awful in all honesty. However, now with nearly 1000 hours playing in time with the Kagura’s and after replacing all stock tubes (2x9) and stock fuses (2x2) the high quality of this combo is becoming obvious. In particular adding high quality nos valves made a (very) big difference for the better.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Audiocrack View Post
          Have been playing with the Kagura’s and g-1000 linestage in my Tidal La Assoluta set up the last couple of months. Breaking them in - in particular the Kagura’s - was quite awful in all honesty. However, now with nearly 1000 hours playing in time with the Kagura’s and after replacing all stock tubes (2x9) and stock fuses (2x2) the high quality of this combo is becoming obvious. In particular adding high quality nos valves made a (very) big difference for the better.
          If I may ask, what source components do you use in this setup? (digital, analog, tape, etc.)

          Dre
          **************************************************
          Every day is a good day to play analog.
          - 12" 33-1/3 RPM or 45 RPM vinyl
          - 10.5" 15ips or 30ips tape
          **************************************************
          Every day is a good day for live music.
          **************************************************
          Every day is a good day to listen to music.
          **************************************************
          Industry Affiliation:
          Contributing Writer, The Absolute Sound
          **************************************************

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Dre_J View Post

            If I may ask, what source components do you use in this setup? (digital, analog, tape, etc.)

            Dre
            Digital: dedicated server with Tidal Camira and Lampizator Golden Gate dacs for digital files. For cd-replay Zanden 2000p/5000 signature dac combination
            Tape: Telefunken M15A deck (refurbished by Tim de Paravacini)
            Vinyl: Forsell air Force one with Forsell tonearm, Koetsu coral stone diamond cartridge as well as DaVinci Gabriel mk ii/Davinci Grandezza tonearm/Kondo IO-M cartridge. Vinyl is not up and running at the moment.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Audiocrack View Post

              Digital: dedicated server with Tidal Camira and Lampizator Golden Gate dacs for digital files. For cd-replay Zanden 2000p/5000 signature dac combination
              Tape: Telefunken M15A deck (refurbished by Tim de Paravacini)
              Vinyl: Forsell air Force one with Forsell tonearm, Koetsu coral stone diamond cartridge as well as DaVinci Gabriel mk ii/Davinci Grandezza tonearm/Kondo IO-M cartridge. Vinyl is not up and running at the moment.
              How long has your vinyl been sedentary?
              Micro Seiki SX-8000 table with flywheel, SME 3012R arm, SME 312S arm, Lyra Etna SL and Dynavector XV-1S cartridges, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers, and Def Tech Ref subs.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by mep View Post

                How long has your vinyl been sedentary?
                About one and a half year I believe.

                Comment


              • Originally posted by Audiocrack View Post

                About one and a half year I believe.
                Is it on life support or will it survive to play another day?
                Micro Seiki SX-8000 table with flywheel, SME 3012R arm, SME 312S arm, Lyra Etna SL and Dynavector XV-1S cartridges, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers, and Def Tech Ref subs.

                Comment


                • Sure it will play another day.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X