No announcement yet.

Boulder 1160 and 1110 are in the house.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boulder 1160 and 1110 are in the house.

My next HiFi+ review gear arrived today. The Boulder 1160 amplifier and 1110 Pre-amplifier. For the moment I have some of the best gear Boulder Colorado can make as my personal reference gear is all PS Audio.

​​​​​​

​​​​​​
    VPI Prime Signature with Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, Simaudio Moon 610LP Phono Pre, PS Audio: DirectStream Memory Player, Directstream DSD DAC, BHK Pre, BHK 300 Mono's, Vandersteen Quatro CT's, Roon, AudioQuest Niagara 5000, Thunder Power cables, CastleRock speaker cables, MacKenzie interconnects and Diamond USB.

I have always wanted to hear this keep us posted looks big looks heavy have fun

Comment

Thanks Garth. the amp weigh's in at 215 lbs in the crate. Glad the delivery guy was willing to help carry it into the room!
      VPI Prime Signature with Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, Simaudio Moon 610LP Phono Pre, PS Audio: DirectStream Memory Player, Directstream DSD DAC, BHK Pre, BHK 300 Mono's, Vandersteen Quatro CT's, Roon, AudioQuest Niagara 5000, Thunder Power cables, CastleRock speaker cables, MacKenzie interconnects and Diamond USB.

Comment

Originally posted by longbowbbs View Post
        My next HiFi+ review gear arrived today. The Boulder 1160 amplifier and 1110 Pre-amplifier. For the moment I have some of the best gear Boulder Colorado can make as my personal reference gear is all PS Audio.
        Enjoy your time with them and have fun.

Dre

Every day is a good day to play analog.
        - 12" 33-1/3 RPM or 45 RPM vinyl
        - 10.5" 15ips or 30ips tape
        Every day is a good day for live music.

Comment

Thanks Dre. Always a fun time with Boulder gear!

Comment

As a long time owner of Boulder gear I can only suggest you strap yourself in. When you are done reviewing them you may not want to return them.
            PROGRESSIVE SOUNDS FROM AROUND THE WORLD
            www.lasercd.com
            www.lasersedgegroup.com

Rockport Aquila, Boulder 2010, Boulder 2008, Boulder 2060, Transparent Audio Reference XL, Nordost Quantum QBase8, TW Acustic AC Anniversary, TW Acustic Raven 10.5 arm, Lyra Atlas, Bricasti M1 Special Edition, SRA Scuttle3 rack + various SRA/Symposium stands

Comment

Awesome amps there. Are they not overkill for your speakers that have built in bass amps?

Comment

Depends on power draw. I do have 20 amp outlets to plug it into. However, my reference amps are the PS Audio BHK 300 Mono's so there are some similarities. The 1160 will draw a lot more power than the BHK 300's. With the Quatro's I won't be requiring the amp to work as hard. I do expect a tight and nuanced performance.

Comment

Very cool, enjoy your time listening!
                  SOURCE: VINYL - EAT C-Sharp with, EAT LPS power supply, My Sonic Lab Signature Gold
                  DIGITAL - Auralic Vega G2 DAC. Schiit Yggdrasil DAC. Bluesound Node 2i streamer
                  PHONOSTAGE: AudioNet PAM G2 with AudioNet EPX power supply.
                  PREAMP: Audionet PRE G2.
                  AMPLIFIER: Audionet MAX monoblocks.
                  SPEAKERS: YG Acoustics Anat III Signatures (upgraded to Sonja 1.2) SVS SB-4000 subwoofers (x2)
                  CABLES: Kubala-Sosna.....Audio Desk Systeme RCM, Adona Rack, GIK & Acoustimac room treatment, Isoacoustics

Comment

Is Boulder gear on the analytical side?
                    Magico M-Project, CAT JL7s, darTZeel 18NS, Kronos Pro Limited Edition/SME 3012R/Atlas SL/Opus-1,CH Precision P1, Schiit Yggdrasil, KS Elation ICs & SCs

Comment

• lasercd
                      lasercd commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Not in my opinion. I find them to be slightly to the left of neutral. Others may think otherwise. I love my Boulder gear. Match up with my Rockports beautifully.

• Madfloyd
                      Madfloyd commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks. Only heard Boulder (and I think just an amp) once at a demo of the Q5 when it was introduced.

Love Rockports.

I have not found it overly analytical either. Great low end grip and control. Good presentation with excellent mid range.

Comment

I heard them in Florida. They seemed to have all sorts of power. What speakers will you play them with?
                      PAP Trio 15 Horn speakers, Audion Black Shadow monoblocks, First Sound Audio Mark 3SI Paramount preamp,
                      Mojo Audio Deja Vu server, Mojo Audio Mystique V3 DAC, STST Motus II TT, Vertere SG1 arm, Hanna ML, Allnic H1201 Phono pre, The Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, LPS to Modem Router and Switch, Blue Jeans Ethernet cabling throughout network, Akiko Corelli, Custom power strip direct wired to panel with OFC copper wire.10 awg dedicated branch circuits to amps bolted to power cords. Significant upgrades to 120 volt main power panel. Inakustik Ref Air 2404 Speaker cable. Genesis and Inakustik NF2404 Air Interconnects. ADDPower Symphony and Electraclear.

Comment

Vandersteen Quatro CT's. I may haul out the KEF LS50's. Sometimes it is fun to see what a high power amp can do with a bookshelf. Does the amp have the nuance with the raw power? That can be a revealing pairing.

Comment

• Kingrex
                          Kingrex commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Wish you had a set of my pure audio. I have wondered about a SS amp paired with them. In the end, I will have to find a SS amp that is single ended. I really like my preamp. Boulder is all ballanced and probably sounds best that way. If you get a chance, stick a single ended pre on them and see how the stand up. I would be interested to know.
                          Have fun.

Kingrex, I do not have a SE pre around atm. I agree it would be interesting. Boulder gear is designed to be used as balanced specifically though.

Comment

How are these amps sounding
                          PAP Trio 15 Horn speakers, Audion Black Shadow monoblocks, First Sound Audio Mark 3SI Paramount preamp,
                          Mojo Audio Deja Vu server, Mojo Audio Mystique V3 DAC, STST Motus II TT, Vertere SG1 arm, Hanna ML, Allnic H1201 Phono pre, The Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, LPS to Modem Router and Switch, Blue Jeans Ethernet cabling throughout network, Akiko Corelli, Custom power strip direct wired to panel with OFC copper wire.10 awg dedicated branch circuits to amps bolted to power cords. Significant upgrades to 120 volt main power panel. Inakustik Ref Air 2404 Speaker cable. Genesis and Inakustik NF2404 Air Interconnects. ADDPower Symphony and Electraclear.

Comment

Working...
                          X