Large Horns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large Horns

While the US audio cognoscenti were attending AXPONA and getting snowed on while trying to leave I was attending a much smaller gathering of luminaries, well more like nefarious friends that marked the end of an era. Our host had finally sold his audio playpen and we were having the last 'Fest to honor the occasion. I thought I would share a couple of photos of the main system in action. Hopefully, the system will all be reassembled in its new home in a few months and the festivities can continue unabated.

Tannoy Glenair, April Sound SET 50 monoblocks and LR phono, EMIA silver remote attenuator and Strain Gauge, Mono TT - AE 208 TT, Abis 1.2BCS arm Miyajima Premium BE, Stereo TT - Fairchild 750 Schroder Custom BA, Miyajima Kansui, Mac Mini w/ Roon, Bel Canto RefLink, Dac 3.5VB, Wadia 860x.

Those are certainly some large horns! Wow. I bet that’s fun to listen to.
    TAPE: Studer A807, A810; Revox B77 MkII; Tascam BR-20; Technics RS-1700; Pioneer RT-707, RT-909
    VINYL: Pioneer PL-50LII/Benz LP-S MR/ModWright PH 9.0; Denon DP59-L/Dynavector 20xH
    DIGITAL: Bryston SP-3, MacMini > Oppo Sonica/Pioneer N-50
    SPEAKERS: B&W Nautilus 800, Pioneer DSS-9
    AMPS: Cary SLP-05/Sunfire Signature 600, Pioneer SX-1980

Comment

They do move some air and ‘rock’ like no other system I have heard!

Originally posted by Skylab View Post
      Those are certainly some large horns! Wow. I bet that’s fun to listen to.
      Tannoy Glenair, April Sound SET 50 monoblocks and LR phono, EMIA silver remote attenuator and Strain Gauge, Mono TT - AE 208 TT, Abis 1.2BCS arm Miyajima Premium BE, Stereo TT - Fairchild 750 Schroder Custom BA, Miyajima Kansui, Mac Mini w/ Roon, Bel Canto RefLink, Dac 3.5VB, Wadia 860x.

Comment

Balancing on such a small foot.
        PAP Trio 10/Voxativ & PAP Trio 15 Horn speakers, Ampsandsound Casablanca monoblocks, First Sound Audio Mark 3SI preamp,
        Mojo Audio Deja Vu server, Mojo Audio Mystique V3 DAC, The Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, Blue Jeans Ethernet cablling,
        Akiko Corelli, Custom power strip direct wired to panel with OFC copper wire. Inakustik Ref Air 2404 Speaker cable. Genesis and Inakustik NF2404 Air Interconnects.

Comment

• Beaur
          Beaur commented
          Editing a comment
          That foot is a steel beam down to the foundation. The speakers are isolated from the structure and can be turned for tuning.

• Kingrex
          Kingrex commented
          Editing a comment
          I always thought that would be the best way to mount audio gear.

Those horns make my Avantgarde Duos look like miniatures! Glad to see he also has an Ampex ATR-102! Larry
        Analog- VPIClassic3-3DArm,SoundsmithZephyrII+MiyajimaZeroMono, 2xAmpex ATR-102,Doshi3.0 BottleheadPhonoPre,Herron VTPH-2A
        Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,Mykerinos,PacMicroModel2
        Dig Play-mchNADAC, LampiPac, Roon, HQP, Oppo105
        Electronics-Herron 360Pre,CJ MET1mchPre, Cary2A3monoamps
        Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
        Other-512Engineer/Marutani Symmetrical Power, ArtKelmGround1, AudioDiskVinylCleaner,AirTightRecordFlat, Scott Rust Interconnects,
        Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1KR2Rtapes,50TBrips

Comment

• Beaur
          Beaur commented
          Editing a comment
          There also a Studer A80 hanging out behind.

Wow after a system like that where do you go?
        Regards,

Erik
        http://solypsa.com
        North American distributor for:
        Sensitive Sound MC Cartridges
        STST Turntables + Tonearms

Available for in home setup and calibration of fine turntable systems

Comment

• jonathanhorwich
          jonathanhorwich commented
          Editing a comment
          "Wow after a system like that where do you go?" Heaven?

Comment

Those are Large!

Comment

I am thought my Khorns were big!!!

Comment

Working...
            X