Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scully Vinyl Lathe with Westrex cutting head for sale...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scully Vinyl Lathe with Westrex cutting head for sale...

Sheila Berdan is liquidating some items to recapture showroom space one of them is a this rare Scully Lathe and Westrex cutter for $5k. Its missing a motor most of it is there and can be brought back to life or just displayed as a cool talking piece. Their contact number is (626) 359-9131.

Simon Yorke S10 + My Sonic Lab Eminent GL + B.M.C. MCCI Signature ULN | Simon Yorke S9 + Koetsu Rosewood Standard + AcousticPlan Phonomaster | Wadia X-32 | Innuous ZEN Mini Mk II | Valvet Soulshine2 | Linear Tube Audio ZOTL10 MkII | Avantgarde Uno Fino XD

"One of the great challenges of this world: Knowing enough about a subject to think you are right, but not enough about the subject to know you're wrong" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

They also have that Jadis Eurythymie speaker for sale- never heard them, have you? They certainly look wild.
    Just what I need, a cutting lathe- so I can blame myself for crappy sounding vinyl, rather than someone else.....

Comment

Bill, you need the Scully lathe on your altar to the vinyl gods you can replace the Buddha with it.

I heard the Mk II Eurythmie at CES, maybe I was under some spell at the time but it ticked all my boxes. Sheila has the Mk 1, IMO not as attractive looking and probably not quite as good, sonically
      Simon Yorke S10 + My Sonic Lab Eminent GL + B.M.C. MCCI Signature ULN | Simon Yorke S9 + Koetsu Rosewood Standard + AcousticPlan Phonomaster | Wadia X-32 | Innuous ZEN Mini Mk II | Valvet Soulshine2 | Linear Tube Audio ZOTL10 MkII | Avantgarde Uno Fino XD

"One of the great challenges of this world: Knowing enough about a subject to think you are right, but not enough about the subject to know you're wrong" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Comment

It would be a cool conversation piece, but right now, conserving $. I always wanted one of those groove microscopes that they have on lathes.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
          Sheila Berdan is liquidating some items to recapture showroom space one of them is a this rare Scully Lathe and Westrex cutter for $5k. Its missing a motor most of it is there and can be brought back to life or just displayed as a cool talking piece. Their contact number is (626) 359-9131.

I remember seeing the lathe there when I visited four years ago.
          Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
          Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
          -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
          -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
          -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
          -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
          -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
          -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
          -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
          -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
          -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

• Rob
            Rob commented
            Editing a comment
            That would be it.

the Scully sold locally and I was told it wil be put back into service cutting lacquers. I couldn't leave without buying something...I always wanted a pr of Series 3 Watts,

not the last word in neutrality but the transparency is 'stat-like and image like minis do - holographic.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
            the Scully sold locally and I was told it wil be put back into service cutting lacquers. I couldn't leave without buying something...I always wanted a pr of Series 3 Watts,

not the last word in neutrality but the transparency is 'stat-like and image like minis do - holographic.

Gavin Fish who was at MIT and Harmonic Technology and now is part of Audioengine has serial numbers 001 and 002. In fact, the WATTs that he purchased used, were written up on the Wilson Audio site a while back. Those WATTs date back to before the Puppy was around and were designed for Dave to use as a studio monitor for his recordings. In fact, weren't the stands before the Puppys called the Beard or something?
            Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
            Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
            -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
            -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
            -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
            -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
            -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
            -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
            -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
            -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
            -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post

Gavin Fish who was at MIT and Harmonic Technology and now is part of Audioengine has serial numbers 001 and 002. In fact, the WATTs that he purchased used, were written up on the Wilson Audio site a while back. Those WATTs date back to before the Puppy was around and were designed for Dave to use as a studio monitor for his recordings. In fact, weren't the stands before the Puppys called the Beard or something?
              These are from the same era pre-dating puppys (ser #<100) . Dave had three solutions to extending the bass: 1) the 2Pi aka "beard" a simple baffle that hung below the speaker when stand mounted to re-enforce the upper bass. 2) the Gibraltar stand which was full width 24" high column I believe made from the same methacrylate as the Tots. 3) placing them on Entec L-240 active subs end-wise (the inspiration for the puppy).

Comment

Working...
              X