online Stereophile app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• online Stereophile app

Has anyone else been having trouble with the brain dead software that is the app for reading Stereophile on your mobile devices? I’m done with paper and have a number of online subscriptions with many different magazines. All work fine, to varying degrees, but Stereophile is the worst. After an upgrade all of my issues disappeared and the software company Zinio made me provide proof of payment through iTunes and still it’s not working right. I’m ready to give up on Stereophile altogether! Sorry, rant off...

I agree entirely. it drives me crazy that any time I try to expand a page it causes the website to change to the next page. The AS site is not great, but it generally functions

Comment

Yeah, I've had problems with Zinio and Stereophile on the subscription which cut off before it was supposed to expire, Zinio said it was a Stereophile problem and Stereophile said it was a Zinio problem. I copied them both at that point and suggested that they figure it out. They gave me more issues to compensate (good) and an auto renewal (bad) which I didn't want, but it took a little while to sort that out.
      On the device/compatibility issue, it used to work fine on an iPad. Using it on a Mac laptop is a nightmare, but I didn't install the app. I'll check and see if there is an app for Mac laptops. I actually only ordered a subscription b/c there were a few things I wanted to read. I got rid of boxes of old Stereophiles and TAS before I moved. I think I kept a couple early TAS print copies.
      PS: there is an app for a Zinio reader for Mac computers which formats much better but it seems very slow. I have Google fiber and usually show static download speeds in the high 90M. Haven't really played with it.

Comment

Buy paper remember analog Good digital Bad internet Ugly

Comment

Stereophile mag is included in the new Apple+ service. I used to use Texture which apple bought. I’m not affiliated with Apple.

Comment

I put Zinio out of it's misery(and mine) many years ago--haven't subbed to Stereophile since

Soc

Comment

Zino was a dog for me in load times and user interface... both on ipad and MS. Stereophile or Zino could not get my subscriptions straight either. But that was another matter. I would re-up if I knew it was faster and easier. Doesn't sound like it.

Gone are the days where I would pour through the small format AS and Stereophile looking for gems..... sigh.
              Front end: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 Power Supplies and Volume controls
              Brinkmann La Grange & RonT Tube Power supply with Kuzma 4-point ,FR64S, Brinkmann 12.1 , .Koetsu Jade Platinum,Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum, Lyra Atlas, Lyra Etna SL Goldfinger Statement, KLAUDIO RCM, HRSM3X
              Amps: Wyetech Topaz, Futterman H3 Quad II,Citation II, Marantz 8b, 5 ,2
              Pre-Amps:Marantz 7, Marantz Model 1 Consolette Pair
              Speakers: Quad ESL 57, Beveridge Model 3 DD amps, REL S/2 x 2
              Otari 5050BXII, DeHavilland 222

Comment

Working...
              X