I Can't Concentrate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Can't Concentrate

I am having some issues with my stereo. Pretty much every morning and evening I work out in front of my gear. Lately I have my setup so well tuned I can't concentrate on my workout. I keep getting pulled into the music. I have to stop and listen. Diana Krall Live in Paris 45 RPM has spooky good guitar and piano. This is becoming an issue as I really need to stay fit to keep from flaring up my back at work. Not sure what to do.
    PAP Trio 10/Voxativ & PAP Trio 15 Horn speakers, Ampsandsound Casablanca monoblocks, First Sound Audio Mark 3SI Paramount preamp,
    Mojo Audio Deja Vu server, Mojo Audio Mystique V3 DAC, The Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, Blue Jeans Ethernet cablling,
    Akiko Corelli, Custom power strip direct wired to panel with OFC copper wire. Inakustik Ref Air 2404 Speaker cable. Genesis and Inakustik NF2404 Air Interconnects. ADDPower Symphony and Electraclear.

Sounds like a high-class problem to me!

I work out in my basement with a fairly cheap stereo which isn’t particularly distracting.
    TAPE: Studer A807, A810; Revox B77 MkII; Tascam BR-20; Technics RS-1700; Pioneer RT-707, RT-909
    VINYL: Denon DP59-L/Benz LP-S MR/ModWright PH 9.0; Pioneer PL-50LII/Dynavector 20xH
    DIGITAL: Bryston SP-3, Marantz NA6006/Pioneer N-50, Schiit Bifrost
    SPEAKERS: B&W Nautilus 800, Pioneer DSS-9, Velodyne FSR-15
    AMPS: Cary SLP-05/Sunfire Signature 600, Pioneer SX-1980

Comment

Of Course I'm slightly bragging and being a little facetious. But not at all untruthful that it really captures my attention and draws me in .

I wish I had Room in my basement for a gym. I have a pretty decent size fishing boat, a wood shop, electrical storage and 2 cars down there. I'm pretty tapped out full.

Rex
      PAP Trio 10/Voxativ & PAP Trio 15 Horn speakers, Ampsandsound Casablanca monoblocks, First Sound Audio Mark 3SI Paramount preamp,
      Mojo Audio Deja Vu server, Mojo Audio Mystique V3 DAC, The Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, Blue Jeans Ethernet cablling,
      Akiko Corelli, Custom power strip direct wired to panel with OFC copper wire. Inakustik Ref Air 2404 Speaker cable. Genesis and Inakustik NF2404 Air Interconnects. ADDPower Symphony and Electraclear.

Comment

Those are classified as happy problems.

I would love to work out in front of my system. I can't even walk and haven't been able to walk for the past two years.

On top of that I have a right shoulder that needs replacement badly and a left knee in the same predicament.

It just plain sucks. I used to be a gym rat and did serious workouts 3-4 times a week. I loved to challenge my body to do better.

Not any longer. Treasure your health. I had great health and was in the best of shape. Then arthritis started to eat away at my joints.

Maybe, just maybe, I might be able to walk starting this coming May. If I can walk, I will drop to my knees and thank god loudly.

The only reason I am writing this stuff is in the hope that people will not take their health for granted. It can be taken away at any point in your life.

I thank god my ears still work and I have the company of two loyal dogs. They are my constant companions and stick with me while I listen.

I hope everyone here will have good health for the rest of their lives. It is something that can be taken for granted all too easily.

I know there are very likely people here who have it much worse than I do. I am a living orthopedic nightmare but I am alive and do not have any worse health issues. Thank god.

Treasure your workouts and enjoy your music. I wish you all the best.

Ed
        Life is analog...digital is just samples thereof
        https://www.edsstuff.org

Analog: VPI Prime TT w/Walnut Plinth, HRX Pulley + 3 Belt Drive + ADS Speed Ctrl, 3D Dual Pivot Assy, Tru Lift
        Analog 2: Ortofon Windfeld Ti + Bob's Devices VPI Sky 30 Stepup Transformer + Liberty Audio B2B-1 Phono Preamp, Stereo Squares Dust Cover
        Digital: TASCAM UH-7000 High-res USB Interface, Pioneer Elite DV-47Ai Universal Disc Player, NAD C448 Internet Radio/Streamer
        Digital 2: Digital Audio Workstation (Toshiba P75-A7200 w/MS Windows 10, 24GB RAM, 1.5 TB Crucial MX300 SSD Internal Storage, Intel i7-4700MQ Processor)

Amp: Rogue RP-9 Line Preamp, Schiit Loki Tone Ctrls, Parasound A21 Power Amp
        Speakers: Magnepan MMC2, REL T9/i Subwoofer
        Headphones: Stax Lambda Pro + SRM 1 MK II, Focal Clear + Schiit Lyr 2
        Wires: Kimber Hero ICs, Kimber 8TC Speaker Cables, AQ Leopard Phono IC, Pangea Silver USB Cables, StraightWire Expressivo ICs
        Power: Furman Elite 15 PFi

Comment

• UltraFast69
          UltraFast69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Man thank you for the words!

I get shots of B vitamin, blood factors and ozone. Call Brendon Cochran with Interactive heath clinic.

Comment

• UltraFast69
          UltraFast69 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think you take other shots then you mention 🤭

• Kingrex
          Kingrex commented
          Editing a comment
          The ones mother give you dont do anything at all.
      Working...
      X