• Show
Clear All

• Alrainbow
    replied
    Test lps too

Leave a comment:

• Joe Pittman
    replied
    What's fun and interesting is to listen to your phono cartridge with the system volume off. You can usually hear the sound clearly. Being a transducer, it's job is to convert mechanical vibration into electrical energy, it is a power generator. But since you can hear sound, it is not 100% efficient, producing sound in addition to power...

Leave a comment:

• Alrainbow
    replied
    Exactly this post was made on another forums about tube dampeners. When I said many audio components play our music if we just listen. It’s caps , transformers , transistors and tubes. In part there are two isolation type thoughts. One is drain and one is isolation be it acoustic or physical.
    a typical ss amp has a sound carector based on its enclosure as well as topology
    did you ever read to place a brick on ur amp or even place it on its side. It all matters

Leave a comment:

• Kingrex
    replied
    Kind of makes sense. If you have a dummy load you have current. I bet you could hear the music in the cables if you had the right equipment. Stereo music is manipulation of electrical current. Electrical current is vibration. Speakers are real good at revealing that vibration.

When I'm on a job, you can clearly hear the power cables singing in the conduit when under load. We have to lash our switchboards with rope to brace the wire inside the gear. It is too keep the wire from ripping the internals of the switchboard apart under a bolted fault condition. Electricity has the power to move things.

Leave a comment:

• Alrainbow
    started a topic Can you hear this

Can you hear this

I was testing a Crown XTi 4000 with a 4 ohm dummy load at near full power with music. I could clearly hear music coming from the amp internally. This
Working...
X