X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of our audio friends infected?

Or music is the cure for the virus?

Ki

Only if you live alone and it keeps you inside all the time.
    Magico M-Project, CAT JL7s, darTZeel 18NS, Kronos Pro Limited Edition/SME 3012R/Atlas SL/Opus-1,CH Precision P1, Schiit Yggdrasil, KS Elation ICs & SCs

Comment

Staying at home listening to music is a good way to do that "Social Distancing" thing...
      Steve Lefkowicz
      Senior Associate Editor at Positive Feedback
      -
      Analog: Linn LP12 (MOSE/Hercules II), Ittok, Dynavector 19a, iPhono2; Pro-Ject RPM-1 Carbon, Sumiko Pearl, iFi iPhono.
      Digital: Samsung 300E5C notebook, JRiver Media Center 26, Tidal HiFi and Qobuz Studio), iFi iDAC2, iFi iUSB3, iPurifier2.
      Electronics: Burson Conductor Virtuoso, DIY switch-box with TKD 10K pot, Antique Sound Labs MG-SI15DT-S, Burson Timekeeper Virtuoso, Jolida JD1000P, B&K ST140.
      Speakers: Tekton Double Impact, Tekton Lore, Magneplaner .7, ELAC Debut2 B6.2, Debut F5 and Debut B6, Emotiva Airmotiv B1, Sound Dynamics 300ti.
      Interconnects: Morrow Audio MA1, Vermouth Audio Black Pearl, Nordost Solar Wind, Audioquest Evergreen
      Speaker cables: Morrow Audio SP4, Vermouth Audio Red Velvet, Nordost Solar Wind, Nordost Flatline, Audioquest Q2.
      Digital cables: Straightwire USB Link, Aural Symphonics Digital Standard xxv USB, Belkin PureAV.
      Accessories: Sound Organization turntable shelf, Mondo racks, Pangea Audio Vulcan racks, Pi Audio Group Über BUSS, Monster HTS2000 power conditioner, Sound Organization speaker stands, Pangea Audio speaker stands, Kinetronics anti-static brush, Pro-Ject VC-S record cleaner, Spin Clean record cleaner.
      Headphones: Schiit Valhalla amp, Meze Audio 99 Classic and 99 Neo, Beyerdynamic DT770Pro, 1More Triple Driver Over Ear, 1More MK801, 1More Triple Driver IEM

http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...ounding-system

Comment

Sometimes an anti-social pursuit has its benefits. Enjoying my audio and letting the world pass me by.
        TW Acustic TT with Ref motor & controller; Tri-Planar Arm; Hana ML Cartridge, Arcam R Phono Preamp; Bluesound Vault-2 Music Server & Streamer; VTL 6.5 preamp, Pass Labs 150.8 Amp; Piega C711 Loudspeakers; Symposium Osiris Rack; Symposium Platforms and Roller Blocks plus grade 2.5 Balls; Shunyata Hydra 8; Shunyata AC Cords; Synergistic Research Level 3 HC AC Cord and Level 3 power cord, Synergistic Carbon fiber wall plates & Blue Outlets, Audio Art Ref balanced ICs, MIT Oracle IC and Magnum Speaker Cables; Sennheiser HDV 650 Headphone Amp; Sennheiser HD700 Headphones; KLAudio Ultrasonic Record Cleaner

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2716.PNG
Views:	383
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	132935
          Attached Files

Comment

Only indirectly as I work at a large resort hotel & the provincial government has said no public gatherings more than 250 people. Cancellations have started. This must have been a number drawn out of a hat because quite a few governments have announced that number in the last couple of days.

My father was born shortly after the Spanish Flu, which according to some recounts probably started at an American Army base. He lost 3 of the siblings that he never knew. It's serious if it gets a hold of you and you don't have a strong immune system. Our Prime Minister's wife has it. They're self quarantining for the next few weeks. In BC we've only got one acute case in hospital at the moment which surprises the hell out of me because of our large Asian & SE Asian population.

Wash your hands very frequently, don't get on planes or cruise ships, stay at home if you are feeling fluish, etc and you'll most likely be fine if you're otherwise in good health. It can't help but worry people though if Angela Merkel is telling people 70% of Germans will get it. No wonder there's fear and market overreaction. Billions are most likely being made shorting stock by those more market savvy than myself.

Be well all.
            "I'm...a rather simple person with a limited talent and perhaps a limited perspective"...Bill Evans

LP playback: Ariston RD 11 Superieur, Audiomods Series 6 Tonearm, Dynavector DV DRT XV-1s, Valab LCR MkIII, Target wall-mounted turntable shelf

Amplification: Exposure 2010 S2

Speakers: B&W Nautilus 805 on sand-filled Atacama stands

Cabling: Audio Sensibility Statement SE (ics), Audio Sensibility Testaments (spkr)

Comment

Just returned from Vietnam a few days ago via Hong Kong Airports were very bare most flights out of Vietnam were on the board as cancelled .
              We have some virus cases in and around my area restaurants are hit hard as is most business more fear than Virus so far .
              the panic seemed to ramp up a lot today as the number of deaths over seas climb .
              On a positive note a lab in Toronto Canada was able to recreate the virus in a lab that goes a long way toward a cure I am told.
              On the absurd side a lab is offering 5,000 dollars if you will let them infect you so they can watch it grow that worth only 5,000 wow

Comment

Wouldn’t that $5,000 test infection also make you immune to the virus? Hmmm. Might be worth considering..............NOT!
                TW Acustic TT with Ref motor & controller; Tri-Planar Arm; Hana ML Cartridge, Arcam R Phono Preamp; Bluesound Vault-2 Music Server & Streamer; VTL 6.5 preamp, Pass Labs 150.8 Amp; Piega C711 Loudspeakers; Symposium Osiris Rack; Symposium Platforms and Roller Blocks plus grade 2.5 Balls; Shunyata Hydra 8; Shunyata AC Cords; Synergistic Research Level 3 HC AC Cord and Level 3 power cord, Synergistic Carbon fiber wall plates & Blue Outlets, Audio Art Ref balanced ICs, MIT Oracle IC and Magnum Speaker Cables; Sennheiser HDV 650 Headphone Amp; Sennheiser HD700 Headphones; KLAudio Ultrasonic Record Cleaner

Comment

None of my audiophile friends, but one of my former students and his wife have contracted the disease. They were traveling in Australia and it made the news a few days ago. I say former student because he was in my mathematically oriented astronomy class for exactly one day before he dropped the class. He wrote this in a New York Times editorial a few years ago, telling about his early college experience, relating how much he learned from some great teachers, but also that he dropped an astronomy class because it had too much math. I was one of two astronomy faculty and the only one teaching the mathematically oriented class. This was back in the mid '70's when he was just out of high school. He ended up doing quite well, though not in any science area. He became an actor and even starred in a movie about the astronauts who were on the ill fated Apollo 13 mission and also has won a couple of Oscars.

Larry
                  Analog- VPIClassic3-3DArm,SoundsmithZephyrII+MiyajimaZeroMono, 2xAmpex ATR-102,Doshi3.0,Merrill Trident Master Tape Pre,Herron VTPH-2A
                  Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,Mykerinos,PacMicroModel2
                  Dig Play-mchNADAC, LampiPac, Roon, HQP, Oppo105
                  Electronics-Doshi Pre,CJ MET1mchPre, Cary2A3monoamps
                  Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
                  Other-2x512Engineer/Marutani Symmetrical Power, AudioDiskVinylCleaner,AirTightRecordFlat, Scott Rust Interconnects,
                  Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1.3KR2Rtapes,50TBrips

Comment

• timztunz
                    timztunz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh Larry, you name dropper you! Haha, that’s very cool.

• shawnwes
                    shawnwes commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's too funny!

sad to say there is a prominent audiophile in the European area who is critically ill with COVID-19; he needs your positive thoughts and prayers. it's not my place to disclose his name. he is a friend, for the last 3 weeks he has been fighting the fight. it's touch and go and i'm really worried about him.

here i am on the East Side of Seattle, dealing with COVID-19 issues day and night managing a retail company, trying to keep the doors open. and the most personal thing to me about it is my friend a half a world away.....who i've never met face to face. that's how our hobby is.
                  https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/615

Comment

Hope your friend recovers from this dreaded virus soon, Mike.

Ki

Comment

• Mike Lavigne
                      Mike Lavigne commented
                      Editing a comment
                      thanks Ki.

the latest is that i've heard he is doing a little better, but still critical. he has been in an induced coma now for over 30 days. i'm told it's likely his immune system has overcome the virus, now the question is whether he can overcome the condition it's left him in.

hoping for the best.

I am ok up to this point not infected but, a few of my coworkers have come down with it. So since we worked close to each other I started self quarantine today for at least the next 2-3 weeks, not wanting to bring it home to my wife who has been working at home for the last two weeks.

Comment

• timztunz
                      timztunz commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Stay safe!

Some relatives in NYC, elderly, checked into a LI hospital. Diagnosed with pneumonia. Discharged with medication after a couple of days and tested for Covid. Tested positive. Their daughter and son-in-law were with them for several days and self quarantined subsequently. No test for them so wait and see.

Comment

• timztunz
                      timztunz commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hoping for the best!

• 1morerecord2clean
                      1morerecord2clean commented
                      Editing a comment
                      We are told they are doing well in spite of age. Thanks!

We listen to music, we stay home and enjoy life. Of course, if you have a remote job available.

Comment

Working...
                    X