Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wouldn’t mind finding out what albums he has on those shelves.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn’t mind finding out what albums he has on those shelves.

Interesting audio setup too.

Click image for larger version  Name:	0E8401E7-6232-432C-A136-96ED10CB62CD.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	377.6 KB ID:	136469
    SME 10, twin arms, SME IV with Lyra Kleos, SME 309 with Benz Micro Ace Mono.
    Garrard 401 with Ortofon 12" arm and Ortofon SPU Classic GM MkII
    Amp, Luxman 507u
    Speakers, Harbeth SHL5Plus

Beatles ? With all the reissues from all over the world since the original albums appeared during the '60s, it could easily fill all those shelves !
    He has a 401 on the left, probably with an SME 309. The TT on the right seems to have a linear tracker.

Comment

I think the TT on the right may be a Revox linear traker.
      Analog: Forsell Air Reference, Symphonic Line RG-8; VPI Prime Signature, Transfiguration Proteus, Transfiguration Phoenix S, VAS Nova Signature, VAS Nova Mono
      Digital: Mac mini 6,2 with YFS PS-12M LPS; Exogal Comet Plus, Exogal Ion PowerDAC
      Electronics: Aurorasound Vida, Channel D Lino C; Merrill Cara, Gryphon XT MC; Merrill Thor, Gryphon M-100 Mkii
      Cables: Morrow, Gryphon interconnects; YFS USB cable; Morrow, XLO, Channel D phono cables; Gryphon speaker cables

Comment

Originally posted by jonathanb View Post
        I think the TT on the right may be a Revox linear traker.
        Definitely not a Revox. Looks like a Garrard Zero 100 but the 100 only has 3 levers on the right,this has 4. Maybe a custom to spin discs backwards-for those evil messages ,you know?

Click image for larger version  Name:	gar1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	56.9 KB ID:	136637

Comment

Pretty sure it is a Garrard Lab 80 'table.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lab80.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	136644

Comment

The black box of records with the gold colored clasp at Paul's right (at the edge of the photo) looks like it could be the MoFi Beatle's box. Larry
            Analog- VPIClassic3-3DArm,SoundsmithZephyrII+MiyajimaZeroMono, 2xAmpex ATR-102,Doshi3.0,Merrill Trident Master Tape Pre,Herron VTPH-2A
            Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,Mykerinos,PacMicroModel2
            Dig Play-mchNADAC, LampiPac, Roon, HQP, Oppo105
            Electronics-Doshi Pre,CJ MET1mchPre, Cary2A3monoamps
            Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
            Other-2x512Engineer/Marutani Symmetrical Power, AudioDiskVinylCleaner,AirTightRecordFlat, Scott Rust Interconnects,
            Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1.3KR2Rtapes,50TBrips

Comment

• siddh
              siddh commented
              Editing a comment
              I believe you are correct.

• kensell21
              kensell21 commented
              Editing a comment
              Well it could be the Mofi Rolling Stones 😁. But probably not.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C1970D65-8F6F-451E-A90E-0EB395B00241.png
Views:	83
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	136688
            Avalon Time, Walker Proscenium, Koetsu Coralstone, Air Tight PC-1 Supreme, Goldfinger Statement, Dalby record weight, Kondo KSL-SFz step-up, Jadis JP80-MC...heavily modified, Convergent Audio JL-2 Black Path, Sony NS999 ES Modwright modded, full loom High Fidelity Ultimate cables, Rel S-5 sub, Stillpoints ultra and 5's, Shun Mook, Dalby footers, Critical Mass bases, Acoustic System Resonators, Magnum Dynalab Etude, Telefunkens throughout, assorted fuses, Furutech outlets, PurePower conditioner.

Comment

Originally posted by adrianwu View Post
              Beatles ? With all the reissues from all over the world since the original albums appeared during the '60s, it could easily fill all those shelves !

He has a 401 on the left, probably with an SME 309. The TT on the right seems to have a linear tracker.
              I think you may be on to a "truth" and perhaps Paul feels like this other musician.

http://www.furious.com/perfect/thisp...interview.html
              PSF: What do you hope This Picture's legacy will be?

RF: I hope that the first album in particular will take people back to good memories and times - I play it (On Vinyl!) every now and again and it feels good and still sounds great. There are so many good memories for me around those days- and they outweigh all the negative stuff which eventually sank the band.
              As far as the inclusion of a linear tracker, I suspect some days are different than others for pitch sensitive people. And for those days one needs a true pitch linear tonearm.

Comment

Working...
              X