Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOA Technology?

Dub plates?
    Producer T Bone Burnett has long promised the development of a new analog format that he promised would improve on both vinyl and CDs, as well as digital streaming and any other existing recorded music medium. Now, he appears closer to reaching that goal with the news that he has been in the studio with
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
    -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

From the description it sounds like it might be an LP. Alternatively, since its analog, it might use FM encoding so a processor would be needed. This announcement made no sense to me at all, what with the flowery language...

Comment

They did also mention the use of a stylus, so I agree with Ralph, and am starting to think a similar fluke like MQA & digital. And why would anyone invent a new technology w/o underlying support for playback, unless they are really thinking the market will embrace a completely brand-new type of technology for which playback currently does not exist - sounds off the wall, honestly
      Analog: VPI Aries 3, custom suspension + platter interface || Magnetically stabilized JMW 10.5i || Ortofon A90 || Modded & fully shielded Pass XP-25 || Last gen VPI SDS speed controller || Magnum Dynalab MD-90SE/105 Digital: Spectral 4000SV Amplification: Spectral DMC-30SV || DMA-500AR Speakers: Heavily modded MartinLogan (custom Mundorf dual xover, cabling, woofers, xformer; structural mods) || Modded REL sub Cabling: Fully shielded MIT Oracle 50ic,MA-X,90.1 || Shunyata Alpha v2 Power: Shunyata Denali 6000/S v2, Venom XC and NR cords, SR-Z1 outlets, PS10, Typhon. Tweaks: Isodamp, mumetal, 3M AB5100, Dynamat, Copper foil; Vishay diodes, resistors, Mundorf coils & capacitors

Main System Link
      Second System Link

Comment

I'm not a fan of T Bones unless I'm cooking them on the grill. I agree with Ack, this smells like a variant of MQA.
        Micro Seiki SX-8000 table with flywheel, SME 3012R arm, SME 312S arm, Lyra Etna SL and Dynavector XV-1S cartridges, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers, and Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

I was confused by this. There was mention of a "one time" thing and it appears to involve art work as well. So my question- is this some sort of musical version of a non-fungible token? I sure hope not.

Comment

• MylesBAstor
            MylesBAstor commented
            Editing a comment
            Others have asked the same exact question Marty.

https://fakazakamp.com/mp3/new-analo...yl-coming-soon

Comment

• seamonster
            seamonster commented
            Editing a comment
            ???

Reading that made me feel disoriented. Is that some new form of English?

It's a word salad full of typos.
          Micro Seiki SX-8000 table with flywheel, SME 3012R arm, SME 312S arm, Lyra Etna SL and Dynavector XV-1S cartridges, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers, and Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

• Rob
            Rob commented
            Editing a comment
            no less intelligible than T-Bone's teaser press release. Fremer is trying to get an interview with him...TBC

Just a FWIW sort of thing but that claim of 'first breakthrough in 70 years' is a bit off-putting. By my math that would be 1952. The Westerex stereo cutter head was pressed into service for the first time in 1958... I'm probably over-reacting to hyperbole. It was about 20 years after that that variable speed groove spacing was developed, preventing overcuts, improving dynamic range and allowing for more time on the LP surface.

This sounds to me like its going the way of the Pono.

Comment

I'll take a wait and see attitude.

Comment

Working...
            X