Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone remember Steve McCormack had a store in Lucadia, California? It was called Music By The Sea. I was there for opening, here are a couple of shots. I wish I could remember the year, maybe 1982 ~1986 ?

Comment

• Rob
      Rob commented
      Editing a comment
      those picks were the back room of what became Music by the Sea in Leucadia. a guy named Holger used to sit near the back across from where Steve is in this pic. I always came in thru the back door like I was buying drugs...I used to drop 2-300 hundred at a time for a small handful of wonder caps, wire and solder. come to think of it, drugs were actually cheaper

• MylesBAstor
      MylesBAstor commented
      Editing a comment
      Well '80 IIRC JC but Doug Sax was way ahead of the curve back then. He had heard the future and didn't care for what he heard. Hence the tee.

• JCOConnell
      JCOConnell commented
      Editing a comment
      I forgot about those digital Lps that came out prior to CD

Myles,

I sent same images to Steve McCormack last night, but not Joe. Steve said that was good memories. There are more from that opening including one or more Counterpoint folks. I have a lot of photos from shows over the years.

Comment

Keep these pics coming. It's great to see some of these folks ...particularly the old photos. And, some of them actually look almost normal.

Comment

This is more personal than historic, image is from CES Chicago in 1987. Left to right is John Fort (John Fort Audio), Patti Porter (my wife) Albert Porter and Joyce Fleming. I wish I had a film scanner. Found lots of negs both b&w and color. So far all these are from little Kodak wallet prints :-).

Comment

• JCOConnell
          JCOConnell commented
          Editing a comment
          I think some drug stores still have the capability of making 4x6 digital prints from negatives for cheap

• Albert Porter
          Albert Porter commented
          Editing a comment
          Thin, yes because we were YOUNG in the 80s :-)

• seamonster
          seamonster commented
          Editing a comment
          I bought some gear from Mr. Fort a few years back. He looks pretty much the same.

Click image for larger version

Name:	15a420130 (1).jpg
Views:	163
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	109530

Paul Stubblebine doing a tape seminar at the United Home Audio Store way back when....

Comment

Name:	1973c4800.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	109532

Jonathan Horwich playing his tapes with a wild system at the Capital Audiofest years ago.

Comment

Name:	AXPONA-After-Hours-Lee-Synergistic-1-of-3.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	109534

Peter Hansen formerly with SR now with The Cable Company, Andy Wiederspahn and Ted Denney with Synergistic Research partying
            at the UHA Legendary After Hours Analog Tape Event at Axpona.

Comment

Name:	1ac5e89c0.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	312.6 KB
ID:	109541

Tara Bryan of MBL, Greg Beron, Jonathan Moffett Drummer extraordinaire played with Elton John, Madonna, the Jackson Five and Michael Jackson, and Jeremy Bryan of MBL.

Picture was taken by David Robinson of Positive Feedback Online at one of the Los Angeles audio shows.

Comment

• Rob
                Rob commented
                Editing a comment
                Are you guys really standing on the amps?!!

Yep, the cases are quite robust.

When I was installing the 20a circuits in my listening room, myself, my electrician and a helper were all three standing on one amp pulling wires.
              No problem at all.

Comment

Working...
              X