Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Was the Best Audio System (s) You Have Heard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MylesBAstor
    commented on 's reply
    Out of curiosity, how long ago did that happen?

• Alrainbow
    replied
    Funny thing is the last time I was there. It was just beifee meeting you. I went here during the week and asked to hear an good analog setup. they out Ina room with focal speakers that I have heard before nice speakers and Macintosh complete line. It sounded good but the record was littered with noise heck I did better when I was stoned
    back in the day. He did not even clean the record lol. Idiots really. I played a few songs there. It straingely brought back somehow. It was like going home where you grew up but do not live there anymore.
    Whwn I asked him about the noise he just shrugged his shoulders and said that vinyl. Then I met you Myles and that was immensely a pleasure to the brain. The speed of stats is always good with great electronics. By the ways I bought every PC of mauic you played for me even the NEIL redord. To this day most of what you played is reference material. Of course mine is Imatation digital lol.

Leave a comment:

• Socrates
    commented on 's reply
    Ha! I went up to the Glass door-bell or buzzer cannot recall--

King Kong came to view me --decided i did not look like Lyric Money bags customer and turned his back and walked away

never been back-nor recommended since

Blah!

Soc

• Socrates
    commented on 's reply
    Ah he must have changed when I last heard Winston's System it was Tube Research and Ascent II's

RIP WM

Soc

• MylesBAstor
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, it was a treat in those days. At least when MIke was in the store and not Lenny.

• Alrainbow
    replied
    For me it's many auditions at lyric hifi NYC . they were an infinity dealer then. The IRSv were amazing at the time I could not afford them through .

Leave a comment:

• MylesBAstor
    replied
    Originally posted by LL21 View Post
    Audiocrack's Genesis 1.1 set up with Walker Proscenium, Kondo's finest, Scarlatti full-stack...and finetuned to the nth degree...the floor slab of concrete underneath teh equipment in the living room is even separate from that under the speakers!!!

Hong Kong's Rockport Dealer...Edward Lau...Arrakis, 4 VTL Siegfried IIs, Rockport Sirius III TT and Clearaudio Master Ref TT...another work of art.

Anything else i've heard is the next notch down for me.
    I'd imagine the Kondo/Genesis would be a match made in heaven! Especially since it wouldn't have to handle the low end (not that the Kondo is weak there).

Leave a comment:

• astrotoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bruce B View Post
    I'd have to say the system Winston Ma had about 5yr. ago. He's always had the Avalon Sentinel's, but the amps and pre he was using at the time was by David Berning. The room had a lot to do with the sound as well.
    +1

Leave a comment:

• LL21
    replied
    Audiocrack's Genesis 1.1 set up with Walker Proscenium, Kondo's finest, Scarlatti full-stack...and finetuned to the nth degree...the floor slab of concrete underneath teh equipment in the living room is even separate from that under the speakers!!!

Hong Kong's Rockport Dealer...Edward Lau...Arrakis, 4 VTL Siegfried IIs, Rockport Sirius III TT and Clearaudio Master Ref TT...another work of art.

Anything else i've heard is the next notch down for me.

Leave a comment:

• MylesBAstor
    replied
    Originally posted by Socrates View Post
    A Tie! -no not the thing round your neck !

Levinson HQD Full system 1980's Excel Hkg

Chris's AExotics CessaroKamen/Vertere/Chokou/Madake/Koda/Wadax /Tripoint/ Goebel/ Dalby/ also Hkg Feb 016

Soc
    Took a lot more money to day to equal the '80s HQD system?

Leave a comment:

• Socrates
    replied
    A Tie! -no not the thing round your neck !

Levinson HQD Full system 1980's Excel Hkg

Chris's AExotics CessaroKamen/Vertere/Chokou/Madake/Koda/Wadax /Tripoint/ Goebel/ Dalby/ also Hkg Feb 016

Soc

Leave a comment:

• cpp
    replied
    The best I've heard was Mike B's system down in Sarasota and his equipment is all configured in a dedicated treated listening room set up by Jim Smith. Smiles, feet tapping, head bobbing it had it all, with all forms of music.
    Last edited by cpp; 06-20-2016, 10:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tom_hankins
    replied
    One of the GTT rooms at RMAF in I think 2012. Had the Accuphase front end with Veloce preamp and Tenor amplifier driving YG Acoustics Anat III signature studio speakers, really worked for me. My wife and I spent two days at The Univ. of the South in Sewanee Tn. listening to the Wilson XLF speakers and all top Ayre electronics and TT. By far the best music collection I've seen in person or read about anywhere, along with an insanely built music room made for an unbelievable listening experience. Got to listen to a lot of new music and brought 15-20 LPs of our own. A room that could truly transport you to the venue.
    http://www.stereophile.com/content/r...Ui8Xbo6qXsb.97
    Last edited by tom_hankins; 06-05-2016, 03:25 PM. Reason: added info about the Ralson listening room

Leave a comment:

• Johnny Vinyl
    replied
    I don't know about the best, but the most impressive sound I ever heard was at Ed Pong's place, when he invited me for an afternoon to show how he does his recordings. Got a chance to listen to some tape in his audio room, which is located one floor up by way of a spiral staircase. Don't ask me what the song selections were, but laying down on a dentist chair with my eyes closed transported me almost into another universe. It was awesome.

Leave a comment:

• MylesBAstor
    replied
    *bump*

Leave a comment:

Working...
X