Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blue Note fan? Help us continue the Music Matters Jazz series.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Note fan? Help us continue the Music Matters Jazz series.

I have started a petition to extend the Music Matters LP series. Please sign the following petition if you want to see 12 more titles in this glorious series. Thank you!

Note: you can put in a bogus address if you are uncomfortable with that part of the signing.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/991/002/449/
    President, Nextscreen LLC, publisher of The Absolute Sound, hifi+, and WindingRoad.com

Just received the last 3 LPs of the Music Matters Blue Note series on Saturday.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 table with flywheel, SME 3012R arm, SME 312S arm, Lyra Etna SL and Dynavector XV-1S cartridges, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers, and Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

Originally posted by mep View Post
      Just received the last 3 LPs of the Music Matters Blue Note series on Saturday.
      I'm still working my way through them. I really like Whistle Stop so far. I hear Wahoo! is excellent.
      President, Nextscreen LLC, publisher of The Absolute Sound, hifi+, and WindingRoad.com

Comment

Originally posted by LeeScoggins View Post

I'm still working my way through them. I really like Whistle Stop so far. I hear Wahoo! is excellent.
        My favorite so far from the last 3 is Dexter Gordon.
        Micro Seiki SX-8000 table with flywheel, SME 3012R arm, SME 312S arm, Lyra Etna SL and Dynavector XV-1S cartridges, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers, and Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

I've been a subscriber since the initial 45 RPM Blue Note releases. Personally I'm torn. I can't imagine Music Matters would just end with the Blue Note series, and not have something else planned. I would like to see what else they could do with jazz releases from other labels. If that is not a possibility then I want more BN releases.
          [TURNTABLE] TW Acustic Raven One [TONEARM] Dynavector DV 507Mkii & Graham Phantom [PHONO] BAT VK-P10 & Dynavector PHA200; [CARTRIDGE] Dynavector XV1S, Lyra Kleos, Ortofon Cadenza Mono [TAPE] Otari MTR15 & Technics RS1500 with JRF Headblock [DIGITAL] Grace Design M920, Lynx Auroa 8 ADC/DAC, Mac Mini with roon labs [PRAMP] McIntosh C2300 [AMP] McIntosh C601s [SPEAKERS] Legacy Audio Whisper & Wavelet [ACC] Klaudio Ultrasonic RCM

Comment

I have all of the MMJ 45 rpms and some of the 33 rpms. I started getting the 33 rpms but with limited shelf space, saw no reason for getting the 33 rpms too. There are two 33 rpms though that I'm missing and need to order.

I really want them to issue Kenny Burrell Blue Lights v1 and v2. But Joe doesn't think the tapes sound all that good. The Classic reissue sounded pretty good to me and is one of the rare and pricey Blue Notes. Well if not, am plenty happy with the Classic reissue?

I guess they could take a page out of Classic Records or MOFI and do either some limited edition Ultradisc releases or single sided 45 rpm reissues. Or use Clarity vinyl but then I think they would have to go to QRP for that. Or TAPE!
            Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
            Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
            -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
            -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
            -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
            -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
            -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
            -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
            -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
            -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
            -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

My favorite is the Three Sounds with Stanley Turrentine.

Comment

• tom_hankins
                tom_hankins commented
                Editing a comment
                One of my "new" favorite records. Love Gene Harris.

We are now at 112 signatures. A great start but still a ways to go. Any support you can give is appreciated.

Joe and I have spoken and he has several titles in mind still to be done. Tape quality is an issue in general but less an issue for these anticipated titles.

Comment

• tom_hankins
                tom_hankins commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks like jumped to 336 so far. Good Job!

Originally posted by Analog21 View Post
              My favorite is the Three Sounds with Stanley Turrentine.
              I have this one and really like it. I am going for the whole series. Of the whole set of 45s and 33s, I am only missing 20 now our of 150+.

Comment

Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
                Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
                -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
                -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
                -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
                -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
                -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
                -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
                -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
                -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
                -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

I see Mikey gave this a plug

http://www.analogplanet.com/content/...B44BvwCX2vC.97
                  Dynavector DV20x2L MC cartridge - Genesis G7.1f speakers - Marantz Reference PM-KI-Pearl Int. Amp. - Oracle Audio Paris MkV turntable - Various Morrow & Valab/King cables

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Vinyl View Post
                    Yes, Fremer is really supportive! And now we have Audio Matters and the LAOC Audio Society sharing links as well. We are at 360+ signatures and we hope to get to 500, so if you have any jazz friends who can be supportive, please get them to sign.

Thanks everyone for all the support!

Comment

We are now up to 425 signatures. Trying for 500 so please sign up if you want some great jazz!

Comment

480 signatures!

Comment

Working...
                        X