Synergistic Red Fuse??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synergistic Red Fuse??

Anyone using these? If you are what results are you getting? I'm going to start with either 4 or 7 fuses, so considering the cost I would like to hear some feedback from people here using them.
    Also open to opinions on any of the other fuse upgrades people use.
    Thanks
    SOURCE: VINYL - EAT C-Sharp with, EAT LPS power supply, My Sonic Lab Signature Gold
    DIGITAL - Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC. Roon Nucleus w/EAT Lps power supply. Auralic Aires G1
    PHONOSTAGE: AudioNet PAM G2 with AudioNet EPX power supply.
    PREAMP: Audionet PRE G2.
    AMPLIFIER: Audionet MAX monoblocks.
    SPEAKERS: YG Acoustics Anat III Signatures (upgraded to Sonja 1.2) JL Audio F112 V2 (x2)
    CABLES: Kubala-Sosna, Kubala Sosna Xpander.....Audio Desk Systeme RCM, Adona Rack, GIK & Acoustimac room treatment, Isoacoustics

Just replacing an old fuse with the "same" new fuse can sound better. Gary Koh told me that one of the old dirty secrets about fuses is that they degrade over time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuses degrade over time.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	46047

That's why I try to clean and replace all of my fuses once a year.
    Speakers/Amps: Genesis G2.2 Jr with Powered Servo-Sub Bass, Genesis GR1440 Mono Amps, 5,000 watts total power
    Preamp: SMc Audio VRE-1C Preamp (fully balanced inputs and output)
    Phono 1: VPI Signature 21 Belt-Drive Turntable with 10” 3D Printed Fatboy Gimbal Arm and Ortofon MC Windfeld Ti Phono Cartridge driving Lehmann Decade Phono Preamp
    Phono 2: VPI HW-40 Direct-Drive Turntable with 12” 3D Printed Fatboy Gimbal Arm and Ortofon MC Anna Diamond Phono Cartridge driving Genesis Gold Phono Preamp
    R2R Tape: Studer A810 with Bridge Console
    Digital: Lumin Network Player with Lumin NAS
    Cables: Genesis Advanced Technologies/Absolute Fidelity Interface Interconnects, Speaker, Phono and Power
    Power: Audio-Ultra Power System, IsoTek Super Titan Passive Power Conditioning for Amplifiers
    Accessories: Custom Acrylic Equipment Stands, Klaudio Ultrasonic RCM

Comment

• tom_hankins
      tom_hankins commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks I'll start with that. Mine are probably several years in my preamp and active sections of my speakers.

Never tried it myself, but some on WBF who used the Red have now moved on to the SR Black

Comment

Due to suggestions on the Audiogon thread, I went directly to the SR Black. I have experimented with a variety of fuses, including HiFi Tuning and Audio Horizon. My components seem to be attracted to the SR Black the most. A bit more detail, air and a little added depth in staging.
    Avalon Time, Walker Proscenium, Koetsu Coralstone, Air Tight PC-1 Supreme, Goldfinger Statement, Dalby record weight, Kondo KSL-SFz step-up, Jadis JP80-MC...heavily modified, Convergent Audio JL-2 Black Path, Sony NS999 ES Modwright modded, full loom High Fidelity Ultimate cables, Rel S-5 sub, Stillpoints ultra and 5's, Shun Mook, Dalby footers, Critical Mass bases, Acoustic System Resonators, Magnum Dynalab Etude, Telefunkens throughout, assorted fuses, Furutech outlets, PurePower conditioner.

Comment

Originally posted by tom_hankins View Post
    Anyone using these? If you are what results are you getting? I'm going to start with either 4 or 7 fuses, so considering the cost I would like to hear some feedback from people here using them.
    Thanks
    Hi Tom, great to see you here. Ted Denney and I have become friends and he is doing some fuse installs the week of the 20th here in Atlanta. I will reach out to you with some thoughts once that happens. If you have any questions for Ted, I am happy to ask him.
    President, Nextscreen LLC, publisher of The Absolute Sound, hifi+, and WindingRoad.com

Comment

Originally posted by LeeScoggins View Post

Hi Tom, great to see you here. Ted Denney and I have become friends and he is doing some fuse installs the week of the 20th here in Atlanta. I will reach out to you with some thoughts once that happens. If you have any questions for Ted, I am happy to ask him.
      Thanks Lee, look forward to your opinions on any changes with the upgraded fuses. Maybe you could post some impressions here, for others following the thread too.
      Last edited by tom_hankins; 03-11-2017, 07:21 AM.
      SOURCE: VINYL - EAT C-Sharp with, EAT LPS power supply, My Sonic Lab Signature Gold
      DIGITAL - Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC. Roon Nucleus w/EAT Lps power supply. Auralic Aires G1
      SPEAKERS: YG Acoustics Anat III Signatures (upgraded to Sonja 1.2) JL Audio F112 V2 (x2)
      CABLES: Kubala-Sosna, Kubala Sosna Xpander.....Audio Desk Systeme RCM, Adona Rack, GIK & Acoustimac room treatment, Isoacoustics

Comment

Thanks Lee, look forward to your opinions on any changes with the upgraded fuses. Maybe you could post some impressions here, for others following the thread too.
        I will let you know. The fuses arrive here tomorrow and today I received the UEF Level 4 cables and Powercell 12 UEF box. Ted is really doing a full system on SR. Should be fun. I pick up Ted at Hartsfield tomorrow night. I have not installed anything but the Powercell per Ted's request but I did unpack the cables and the build quality is superb. They are laying on a table and sofa near the listening room.
        President, Nextscreen LLC, publisher of The Absolute Sound, hifi+, and WindingRoad.com

Comment

P.S. I think they are sending the black fuses. 1.25 inch size, 4 amp, fast blow for the Maggies.

Comment

Originally posted by siddh View Post
            Due to suggestions on the Audiogon thread, I went directly to the SR Black. I have experimented with a variety of fuses, including HiFi Tuning and Audio Horizon. My components seem to be attracted to the SR Black the most. A bit more detail, air and a little added depth in staging.
            Good to know, thanks.

Comment

We have a good number of customers that give these and others good feedback.

The effects are not only audible but measurable (the way to do that is to measure the effects on the amp or preamp rather than just trying to parse out the fuse itself).

Some have stated that the fuses are directional. This is 100% false, BUT it is true that turning them around (or rotating them in their holders if that is possible) can yield better results (this is of course true with conventional fuses as well). You can measure the most effective position in the fuseholder by measuring the voltage drop across the fuseholder. A 3 1/2 digit DVM is sufficient for this purpose. This should be done by a qualified technician. You can of course go about it randomly but your results will be variable.

The post above about fuses degrading over time is astute and should be given notice!

Comment

Thanks
              As I am a fuse agnostic the pic above is one of the only viable reasons for why these exotic ones may sound better. Another that I do but not with power Amps is double the fuse rating.
              I look st it as a tiny conductor that must pass many times it's rating for very short periods of time. This should lead to voltage drops causing an in even voltage to the psu
              I don't do it on Amps for guarding against a short.
              On amps I go below the spec of them. But my Amps use 15 to 20 amp fuses. unless they blow I choose half. My tower Amps call 15 Amps I use 7. This was recommended to me from the man who made the IRS v Amps.
              Also no dual fuses that to me unless it's dual hot leg is just making a low voltage situation even more by doing it on neutral and hot leg.
              I have tried a few of the exotic fuses and I do not hear anything. Also how about fuse direction ?
              analog stuff.
              otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 made new by soren
              otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 1/2 combo made new by soren
              sota sapphire used eminent tech ver 2 arm
              new sota nova table has magnetic levitation platter and full speed control and latest motor same arm as above
              thorens td124 sme ver 2 arm
              thorens td125 sme ver 2 arm
              kenwood direct drive sme ver 2 arm
              phono preamp Ml no 25 all re capped
              speakers cust infinity IRS V , new caps and LPS , magnets etc.
              mark levivson pre no 26 amps no 33
              digital three cust servers , win ser 2016 , AO
              Dacs lampi various

Comment

I'll throw something out. Clean the end caps of your fuses and the fuse holders.
                Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
                Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
                -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
                -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
                -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
                -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
                -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
                -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
                -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
                -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
                -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post
                  I'll throw something out. Clean the end caps of your fuses and the fuse holders.
                  I actually cleaned all connections in my system this week. Forgot to do fuses. Thanks Myles.

Comment

Here is one that some audio products have but not many. No fuses at all. In this day and age why do we have such a primitive kind of circuit protection. . Does any one realize barely no one has fuses in our homes or commercial. solid state protection should be the normal they can be set meaning user adjustable if need be. About as fast as fuses . Anythouhgts on this. And look nothing to clean or change. And yes I do clean fuse holders and look at fuses. I got in the habit years ago becoause of two audio devices that had them. One was my infinity rs1B they had 4 fuses and blown often. Always put back the same kind never blew a driver. Second was an amp I built it had a few fuses and of one blew a channel stopped or got distorted . Got me in the habit of checking.
                    analog stuff.
                    new sota nova table has magnetic levitation platter and full speed control and latest motor same arm as above
                    Dacs lampi various

Comment

Please keep this in mind my ramblings are just my small brain thoughts and never meant to hurt or put down anyone's views or thoughts . I only post how I feel and I am wrong at times , many times too. Please never take offense to my posts be well all
                      analog stuff.
                      Dacs lampi various

Comment

Working...
                      X