With Axpona Less Than A Week Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With Axpona Less Than A Week Away

What's the best demo you've heard at an audio show?
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
    -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

This is going back a few years but when we had the "Stereophile show" the show would bounce from NY, SF and LA and the Cello demo was a memorable experience, even to the latest and greatest we have today, I think the Cello demo would hold its own.
    Jeff Whitlock
    A/V Solutions

www.avsolutionsca.com

Comment

Back when Chicago had the summer CES, Gryphon electronics were driving a pair of Avalon Ascents centered in a massive room with only three listening chairs. A jazz trio was spun on lp, with some of the smokiest music I've heard through an audio system.
      Also, 3 years back Tidal had a fantastic set-up at Axpona. I visited as the event was winding down. A reviewer had control of the digital playback...nearly every piece demonstrated the quality of the equipment.
      Avalon Time, Walker Proscenium, Koetsu Coralstone, Air Tight PC-1 Supreme, Goldfinger Statement, Dalby record weight, Kondo KSL-SFz step-up, Jadis JP80-MC...heavily modified, Convergent Audio JL-2 Black Path, Sony NS999 ES Modwright modded, full loom High Fidelity Ultimate cables, Rel S-5 sub, Stillpoints ultra and 5's, Shun Mook, Dalby footers, Critical Mass bases, Acoustic System Resonators, Magnum Dynalab Etude, Telefunkens throughout, assorted fuses, Furutech outlets, PurePower conditioner.

Comment

• ashandger
        ashandger commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe Doug White and Tidal will be showing their Akira speakers at AXPONA probably with Tidal electronics according to an interview on Stereophile a couple of weeks ago. Looking forward to feedback on this room.

From AXPONA 2015, Vapor Audio's Perfect Storm speaker. It was really impressive, seemed to do everything at a world class level. That speaker practiced a High Art.

I also liked a young man who had the Magico M4 speakers, in way too small a room. Anyway it was just past show cut off time, and he was playing his "throw out music". If you didn't like the music he was playing, you could get the heck out. He was playing a lot non-audiophile music, like Nine Inch Nails. I thought it was very CooL.

Comment

Working...
      X