ID:	51256Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	51257Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	2.07 MB
ID:	51258 today I received my second custom rack from Herzan made of welded 2" steel box tube. With 4 racks in play, I can now organize the system better. I should have it done by tomorrow night.
    Christian
    System Gear

What are the shelves made out of?
    david
    Manufacturer: American Sound Turntables and The Nothing Rack
    Distribution: NEODIO

Special Sales: van den Hul
    Industry Representation: Lamm, Kharma OLS Speakers, Ortofon, ZYX, Keith Monks, Audio Desk, Jensen Transformer, Venta Airwasher

Unique Items: Vintage Horn Speakers
    http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...stening-room-1
    http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...earfield-setup

Comment

Originally posted by david k View Post
      What are the shelves made out of?
      david
      damped steel plate. This rack weighs 350lb. An appliance mover dolly was used to get it up into the house and down the stairs into the cave. Solo effort.
      Christian
      System Gear

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you know what is used to damp the steel plate shelves?

• david k
        david k commented
        Editing a comment
        my kinda rack!

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	399.5 KB
ID:	51322Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	401.0 KB
ID:	51323Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	349.2 KB
ID:	51324Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	383.3 KB
ID:	51325Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	305.3 KB
ID:	51326 And the mostly finished product. Even put the Studer A810 back into service.
      Christian
      System Gear

Comment

all told....6-7 hours of back breaking work
        Christian
        System Gear

Comment

Like one of the mythical labors of Hercules! Bet you're happy to have that job complete. 350 - lb. Herzan rack moved by one person? What kind of machine did you use to move it? Very impressive work. By the way, what are the dimensions of your listening space? Seeing this snug-but-awesome rig, I'm feeling better now about the close quarters in my room, sitting up sort of close --- at least it feels a bit close --- to my humble Vandersteen 5A's.
          Lyra Kleos SL, Dynavector XX-2MKII, VPI JMW 10.5i, VPI Aries, VPI SDS, ModWright PH-150 Reference Phono, Sony HAP-Z1ES server, McIntosh MR80, McIntosh C2300, McIntosh MC352, Vandersteen 5A, PS Audio P10, Bright Star Audio Rack of Gibraltar. Cables: Shunyata Cobra Ztron IC, PS Audio Statement AC, Synergistic Research AC, Harmonic Tech Silver Phono, Cable Research Labs Silver IC, Audioquest Gibraltar bi-wire.

Comment

• rockitman
            rockitman commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't know the dimensions off the top of my head. As you can see, I'm set up on the long wall for listening. The speakers are 8ft spread woofer center to center, I sit back 10 ' with about 3' left to the wall behind me.

Christian I don't see how you did that solo! Looks like you probably took your share of IBEBROKEN.
          Marty

Comment

Originally posted by Goheelz View Post
            Like one of the mythical labors of Hercules! Bet you're happy to have that job complete. 350 - lb. Herzan rack moved by one person? What kind of machine did you use to move it? Very impressive work. By the way, what are the dimensions of your listening space? Seeing this snug-but-awesome rig, I'm feeling better now about the close quarters in my room, sitting up sort of close --- at least it feels a bit close --- to my humble Vandersteen 5A's.
            Using an appliance mover I eased it up the 4 stairs into my house then down an L-shaped stair case into the basement. The first step into the basement staircase was the scariest. Once in the room (carpeted) the leveling feet act as sliders. I'm 6'7" 230lb so I suppose that helped.
            Christian
            System Gear

Comment

• rockitman
              rockitman commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes...the wedding cake is a bit too tall for anyone under 6', lol

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              I just noticed the Stillpoints (5s?) under the Clearaudio. How do those work for you under the table? I've tried 'em everwhere but my TT, which would require specialized adapters.

• rockitman
              rockitman commented
              Editing a comment
              The Ultra 5's work very well with that table.

Originally posted by nc42acc View Post
            Christian I don't see how you did that solo! Looks like you probably took your share of IBEBROKEN.
            My entire 54 year old body is sore...lol

I now have easy access behind the preamps...
            Christian
            System Gear

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              I bet you enjoy the access. Cable management can be quite the chore without it.

Still trying to "see" how you did the 350-lb heavy work. What sort of "appliance mover" did you use?
            Lyra Kleos SL, Dynavector XX-2MKII, VPI JMW 10.5i, VPI Aries, VPI SDS, ModWright PH-150 Reference Phono, Sony HAP-Z1ES server, McIntosh MR80, McIntosh C2300, McIntosh MC352, Vandersteen 5A, PS Audio P10, Bright Star Audio Rack of Gibraltar. Cables: Shunyata Cobra Ztron IC, PS Audio Statement AC, Synergistic Research AC, Harmonic Tech Silver Phono, Cable Research Labs Silver IC, Audioquest Gibraltar bi-wire.

Comment

Name:	
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	51354
              Originally posted by Goheelz View Post
              Still trying to "see" how you did the 350-lb heavy work. What sort of "appliance mover" did you use?
              The total weight with ship crate was 350lbs. My bad. I estimate 250lbs for the stand. I used this same dolly for my Wilson bass cabinets which weigh in at 350lbs. Two people required for those. I'm not that strong.
              Christian
              System Gear

Comment

Chris, this is what you need to go up or down stairs, awesome device for stair climbing.
                i bought one and it is an invaluable tool.

Also, never seen so much gear in one room, wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Beron View Post
                  Chris, this is what you need to go up or down stairs, awesome device for stair climbing.
                  i bought one and it is an invaluable tool.

Also, never seen so much gear in one room, wow.
                  that thing is really cool. Hopefully I'm done with the heavy lifting for a while....

Christian
                  System Gear

Comment

Originally posted by rockitman View Post

Name:	
Size:	2.30 MB
ID:	51255Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	2.77 MB
ID:	51256Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	51257Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	2.07 MB
ID:	51258 today I received my second custom rack from Herzan made of welded 2" steel box tube. With 4 racks in play, I can now organize the system better. I should have it done by tomorrow night.
                    We should all be fortunate enough to live your "disarray"- Congratulations on a very impressive system .... is there any active element to your new stand or is a passive brute force device from Herzan?

Thanks.
                    Front end: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 Power Supplies and Volume controls
                    Brinkmann Balance & RonT Tube Power supply with Kuzma 4-point ,FR64S, Brinkmann 12.1 , .Koetsu Jade Platinum,Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum, Lyra Atlas, Lyra Etna SL Goldfinger Statement, KLAUDIO RCM, HRSM3X
                    Amps: Wyetech Topaz, Futterman H3 Quad II,Citation II, Marantz 8b, 5 ,2
                    Pre-Amps:Marantz 7, Marantz Model 1 Consolette Pair
                    Speakers: Quad ESL 57, Beveridge Model 3 DD amps, REL S/2 x 2
                    Otari 5050BXII, DeHavilland 222

Comment

^^^^Both stands were designed for use with the TS-140 active isolation table. I designed the foot print to be the same as the TS-140. The newer taller stand will remain as an all passive device for my 2nd string turntable. I had problems with the TS-140 not functioning properly on my prior stands that had little lateral rigidity. Rigidity is required for the actuators to actually push off the stand when counteracting incoming vibration. If there is not enough rigidity, the TS-140 can go into a feedback state where you can hear the actuators making a periodic knocking sound. Originally I thought the unit was broken. The final test was to put the device on the floor. No feedback loop hence I determined it to be my prior stand. These stands made to order are an unbelievable bargain....less than $2000.00 shipped depending on build size, options.
                      Christian
                      System Gear

Comment

Working...
                      X