No announcement yet.

Burden of clean power

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you guy's measured your ambient noise level at various times of the day? Measuring at the middle of the night usually is the lowest. Most people do not realise how loud the ambient noise is during the day. I can hear a flea fart in the middle of the night. The lowest noise level I have experienced in my room is after a snow storm in the middle of the night during a power failure; no cars, no planes, no wind, no nothing... I wish I had that all of the time... the lack of noise I mean.
    Room 1 Music Reference featuring Genesis G2.2 JR loudspeakers. Also see my Philosophy.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Pittman View Post
      Have you guy's measured your ambient noise level at various times of the day? Measuring at the middle of the night usually is the lowest. Most people do not realise how loud the ambient noise is during the day. I can hear a flea fart in the middle of the night. The lowest noise level I have experienced in my room is after a snow storm in the middle of the night during a power failure; no cars, no planes, no wind, no nothing... I wish I had that all of the time... the lack of noise I mean.
      The PSAudio P5 and P10 power regenerators have a feature on the display menu showing total harmonic distortion on the incoming line and also on the output.
      Watching that over a few years I found a lower THD level on the input after 10pm, the best I've seen was after midnight.
      However never looked during a snow storm.....

Comment

I noticed that too but summertime was not as good as winter at night.

Comment

Working...
        X