Today's Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's Project

Even I have my limits and that pile of rubble-errr....tapes and albums--were in desperate need of straightening up. Early on realized that am starting to have enough tapes from a couple of labels now that I need to sort them out and keep them together. Plus a bunch of them-most noticeably the Opus 3 tapes--needed labels on their spines so could identify them. Thank goodness for that ancient Brother P touch machine. Four hours later, 98% finished, tapes sorted and LPs returned to their shelves. And domestic tranquility maintained!
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
    -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Some of today's handiwork! (Note not all of my UPI tapes by any stretch of the imagination.) But I kept many of the most frequently played tapes in the living room. Click image for larger version

Name:	20170513_202044.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	3.68 MB
ID:	54018

-VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

• EdAInWestOC
      EdAInWestOC commented
      Editing a comment
      I have one of those Brother label machines also. It does make the job easy.

• MylesBAstor
      MylesBAstor commented
      Editing a comment
      👍

• EdAInWestOC
      EdAInWestOC commented
      Editing a comment
      I bought some label tape a couple of months ago and the size and different colors that are available is impressive. I bought some regular narrow white tape with black lettering and I bought some wide (3/4 inch) tape in black on white, black on clear, white on clear and white on black. I was tempted to spend more money on all of the different colors.

I particularly like the clear tape with black or white lettering. I used it to label some remote controls and it worked out nicely. It looks like it belongs on the remotes and blends in really well. Yeah, I know it sounds like a serious case of OCD, but it makes some things easier. With my eyesight I'm all for making anything easier to see.

Maybe I should get something newer than a Dymo.

Comment

Myles, did some build those storage shelve custom for you or they from a specific store/vendor? Always looking for more ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Analog21 View Post
      Myles, did some build those storage shelve custom for you or they from a specific store/vendor? Always looking for more ideas.
      They came from Gothic Cabinet Craft in Manhattan. Maybe not my first choice but my first choice apparently went under. The cabinets are sturdy enough, decently built and should hold up with time. (Two of my custom built record cabinets that have been with me for 25 years from the now deceased first choice.)

Comment

Working...
      X