Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chasing The Dragon Audiophile Recordings

Hello Everyone!

It's Mike Valentine of Chasing The Dragon Audiophile Recordings. I hope you do not mind, but I just wanted to mention our latest tape releases. Although we only started the company about 6 years ago we have now created 10 copy master titles. I know that some companies create their tapes from digital files, however I believe that every time they do that, God kills a puppy!

At CTD we always run our 1/2'' Studer A820 with a separate feed from the Neve desk so that we can create a running copy master which has not been taken from any other source than analogue. In the same way we also record our High Res digital separately, so that we can also offer CDs and downloads.

As a matter of interest several people have approached us asking if we could supply our albums on 7'' spools at 7.5 ips. Obviously many people in the world use smaller machines which cannot take 10.5'' spools. We have now responded to those requests and now supply all of our titles on this smaller format. They are recorded in the same way, using our Studer A820s in 1/2 track format which still plays on 1/4 track heads, where they still seem to sound great. Ken Kessler of HiFi News and Record Review is currently writing about a comparison between vinyl, CD and our copy master tapes at 15 ips and 7.5 ips which should in the next few months make for some very interesting reading!

Recently we had the pleasure of recording 5 live concerts in Venice where we created a live double album on all of our formats. Carrying a Studer A810 with us to create an analogue master for our copy master tapes, was only possible due to the strength of my nephews back! It's the first recording where I was able to use audiophile cables from our AKG C12 valve microphones, right through the recording chain and the added jump factor, because of this, has to be heard to be believed. Remember many recording engineers don't think that cables make a difference. For them, there are always cotton buds!

Thanks for reading my blurb and happy listening!

Kind regards,

Mike

Click image for larger version

Name:	7inchmastertapes.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	522.0 KB
ID:	99879

Name:	new_tapes.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	527.3 KB
ID:	99880

Name:	VIVALDI-IN-VENICE-GATEFOLD.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	2.66 MB
ID:	99881

Thanks, Mike. Is there a website that we can see the details of the albums. Larry
    Analog- VPIClassic3-3DArm,SoundsmithZephyrII+MiyajimaZeroMono, 2xAmpex ATR-102,Doshi3.0,Merrill Trident Master Tape Pre,Herron VTPH-2A
    Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,Mykerinos,PacMicroModel2
    Dig Play-mchNADAC, LampiPac, Roon, HQP, Oppo105
    Electronics-Doshi Pre,CJ MET1mchPre, Cary2A3monoamps
    Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
    Other-2x512Engineer/Marutani Symmetrical Power, AudioDiskVinylCleaner,AirTightRecordFlat, Scott Rust Interconnects,
    Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1.3KR2Rtapes,50TBrips

Comment

So 10 albums are available at 7.5 ips? NAB EQ I assume? And where can I listen to excerpts?
      -Tim Leinbaugh
      -Professional RTR restoration and modification for 47 years.
      [email protected]
      www.MusicTechnology.com

Comment

Hı Guys. İf you go to our web sıte: www.chasingthedragon.co.uk, you will find at the top of the page several of our albums with links to some free download tracks. Not every album is covered but a good cross sectıon. The press page will reveal reviewers opinions of almost all of our music and there is a sectıon on the front page dedicated to 'how we recorded our albums' which also may help. Whenever we record İ always run Tape separately to the cutting lathe and digital recorders to maintain as pure a recording path as possible for each medium.
        As for customers who may require NAB eq. for there 7.5 inch tapes, this is no problem!

Kind regards,
        Mike.

Comment

• Tapetech
          Tapetech commented
          Editing a comment
          For 7.5 ips, NAB (50 usec) is the best EQ to use.

Thanks, Mike. I was able to do the downloads. Are the prices on the website including VAT? I'm in the US and normally we don't have to pay VAT for items shipped here. Larry
        Analog- VPIClassic3-3DArm,SoundsmithZephyrII+MiyajimaZeroMono, 2xAmpex ATR-102,Doshi3.0,Merrill Trident Master Tape Pre,Herron VTPH-2A
        Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,Mykerinos,PacMicroModel2
        Dig Play-mchNADAC, LampiPac, Roon, HQP, Oppo105
        Electronics-Doshi Pre,CJ MET1mchPre, Cary2A3monoamps
        Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
        Other-2x512Engineer/Marutani Symmetrical Power, AudioDiskVinylCleaner,AirTightRecordFlat, Scott Rust Interconnects,
        Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1.3KR2Rtapes,50TBrips

Comment

Dear Larry,

Thank you so much for taking the time to check out our web site. The prices on the site do not include VAT, but we would not charge you any as you live in the States. However, if you could e mail Francoise, my wife, at the companies e mail address; [email protected] we can arrange a deal for you, depending on what titles you would like!
          Thanks once again!

Kind regards, Mike

Comment

Originally posted by chasingthedragon View Post
            Dear Larry,

Thank you so much for taking the time to check out our web site. The prices on the site do not include VAT, but we would not charge you any as you live in the States. However, if you could e mail Francoise, my wife, at the companies e mail address; [email protected] we can arrange a deal for you, depending on what titles you would like!
            Thanks once again!

Kind regards, Mike
            Mike,

US residents can order directly from the UK instead of ordering through Elusive Disc? http://www.elusivedisc.com/Chasing-T...products/1161/ ?

Last edited by Dre_J; 11-01-2018, 07:30 AM. Reason: clarity
            Every day is a good day to play analog.
            - 12" 33-1/3 RPM or 45 RPM vinyl
            - 10.5" 15ips or 30ips tape
            Every day is a good day for live music.

Comment

Working...
            X