X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two good budget products

1. Bluesound Node 2i
    2. MoFi Studiophono phonostage

Been using both of these in my system and I'm very impressed with the sound quality and the multiple user options of both. If this what the majority of entry level currently offer, it's a great time to be getting into this hobby/life style!
    SOURCE: VINYL - EAT C-Sharp with, EAT LPS power supply, My Sonic Lab Signature Gold
    DIGITAL - Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC. Roon Nucleus w/EAT Lps power supply. Auralic Aires G1
    PHONOSTAGE: AudioNet PAM G2 with AudioNet EPX power supply.
    PREAMP: Audionet PRE G2.
    AMPLIFIER: Audionet MAX monoblocks.
    SPEAKERS: YG Acoustics Anat III Signatures (upgraded to Sonja 1.2) JL Audio F112 V2 (x2)
    CABLES: Kubala-Sosna, Kubala Sosna Xpander.....Audio Desk Systeme RCM, Adona Rack, GIK & Acoustimac room treatment, Isoacoustics

The Bluesound does look interesting, especially with MQA capability. Seems like the heir apparent to the discontinued Auralic Aries mini. Only issues to me are lack of dsd support, and no USB out to feed a USB DAC.
    Steve Lefkowicz
    Senior Associate Editor at Positive Feedback
    -
    Analog 1: Linn LP12 (MOSE/Hercules II), Ittok, Dynavector 10X5 MK.II Low, iPhono2/iPowerX; Analog 2: Pro-Ject RPM-1 Carbon, Talisman S, iFi iPhono.
    Digital: Samsung 300E5C notebook, JRiver Media Center 28, Tidal HiFi, Qobuz Studio), iFi NEO iDSD, iFi iUSB3, iPurifier2, Audioquest Jitterbug.
    Electronics: DIY passive line-stage, Antique Sound Labs MG-SI15DT-S, Burson Timekeeper Virtuoso
    Speakers: Tekton Lore, Magneplaner .7
    Interconnects: Morrow Audio MA1, Vermouth Audio Black Pearl, Audioquest Evergreen
    Speaker cables: Morrow Audio SP4, Vermouth Audio Red Velvet, Audioquest Type 5
    Digital cables: Aural Symphonics USB, iFi Gemini twin-head USB.
    Accessories: Sound Organization turntable shelf, Mondo racks, Pangea Audio Vulcan rack, Pi Audio Group Über BUSS, Monster HTS2000 power conditioner, Kinetronics anti-static brush, Pro-Ject VC-S record cleaner, Spin Clean record cleaner.
    Headphones: Schiit Valhalla amp, Burson Conductor Virtuoso Amp, Meze Audio 99 Classic and 99 Neo, Beyerdynamic DT770Pro 600 ohm, DT770 Studio 80 ohm, 1More Triple Driver Over Ear, 1More Triple Driver IEM

Comment

• tom_hankins
      tom_hankins commented
      Editing a comment
      Although not true dsd, at least it will convert it to 24/192 pcm. Plus volume control, sub out, above average sound for price. Also very good wifi streamer.
      If it had USB out it would be killer. Lack of it is the only thing that has me looking around to replace it.

• Steve Lefkowicz
      Steve Lefkowicz commented
      Editing a comment
      24/88 is the more direct conversion. I copied transcoded files of all my DSD files to 24/88 just in case I get a non-dsd DAC to review. I just keep them out of the library as long as I do have a DSD capable DAC.
      MQA (for Tidal) and USB out would be the big factors for me. Still, i have recommended the Bluesound to some people who didn't care about either of those things.

I recently added the Blusound Vault 2i to my main system. It is the Node 2i plus a hard drive for HiRez CD ripping. Really delighted with the sound quality. Streaming works flawlessly, ripping as well, although it would be nice if it was faster. Another big benefit is WAF (or girlfriend) plus freeing up all that shelf space. Not running the vault via RCA analogue outs and internal DAC, but via SPDIF to my Mytek Liberty DAC (another great budget product).
    Main System:Thales Compact Turntable and Thales Simplicity Tonearm, Ortofon A95, Musical FidelityM6 Vinyl Phono Stage, Vinyl Nirvana TD160 Super with Jelco 850 Tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Mono, Cambridge Azur Universal Disc Player, Blusound Vault 2i, Apple Airport Express, Mytek Liberty DAC, Cary Audio CAD-300SEI (All tubes rolled),Pure Audio Project Quintet 15s with Voxative AC-PiFe, Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones, PS Audio PP12.

Comment

• tom_hankins
      tom_hankins commented
      Editing a comment
      I came close to getting the vault 2i, but already have ripped all my CDs. I am also using the node 2i as a streamer only now via coax to my Auralic Vega G2. Running it wifi, zero issues.
Working...
X