• Socrates
    replied
    Consonance WAX Turntable--$999

Soc

Leave a comment:

• JCOConnell
    replied
    Originally posted by mep View Post
    There is a Denon DP-100 on Ebay right now for a cool $24K.
    I don't think that was a serious asking price.....

Leave a comment:

• SundayNiagara
    replied
    I am considering a Moonbeam for my Granddaughter.

Leave a comment:

• MylesBAstor
    replied
    At Axpona, SOTA showed their Moonbearm turntable that retails for a touch over $1000 replete with arm and cartridge.
    SOTA is an American turntable brand founded circa 1980 by Dave Fletcher and Robert Becker in Berkeley California.The talented Spiral Groove turntable designer Allen Perkins worked for the company in the late 1980s. In the early 1990s, when it appeared that compact discs were going to kill off vinyl, the original owners decided to sell the “albatross”. Jack Shafton, who is now V.P. Sales and Marketing at loudspeaker manufacturer Golden Ear, bought the company and moved it to Illinois.

Leave a comment:

• mep
    replied
    There is a Denon DP-100 on Ebay right now for a cool $24K.

Leave a comment:

• JCOConnell
    replied
    If I was on a really tight budget, I would buy a used thorens and a new ortofon mm cart.

Leave a comment:

• david k
    commented on 's reply
    Don't know about the rebuilt ones but some of the vintage models in original condition are really good, I'm not up on all the current ones but the DP-100 is the best dd table I ever heard.

david

• MylesBAstor
    commented on 's reply
    K. What do you think of some of the rebuilt, older Denon DDs?

• david k
    commented on 's reply
    I was thinking of their direct drives, just checked their website and looks like the new owners have phased them all out. Their recent dd tables were very musical and accurate, imo dd has clear advantage over the belt driven tts in this end of the market.

david

• MylesBAstor
    replied
    Originally posted by Garth View Post
    Of the TT you talk about above the Rega is the only one I have heard (good for the money but not Oh my god good)

Are you not asking the wrong people some of the guys on here have their gear delivered by Brinks .
    I thought the Rega good at shows but didn't think the cartridge would win any tracking awards.

Leave a comment:

• MylesBAstor
    replied
    Originally posted by david k View Post
    If buying new, my vote goes to one of the Denon offerings.

david
    Why's that David?

Leave a comment:

• Garth
    replied
    Of the TT you talk about above the Rega is the only one I have heard (good for the money but not Oh my god good)

Are you not asking the wrong people some of the guys on here have their gear delivered by Brinks .

Leave a comment:

• Billy Shears
    replied
    Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post

how are the new Thorens? ?
    The Td 309 is well worth considering as a affordable turnatble with a very interesting design and good engineering that is not a middle of the road solution. Price 2K. Although why they bother to include a crappy audio technica mm cart (worth like 60$) in the deal is beyond me.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	234.4 KB
ID:	11408 Click image for larger version

Name:	thorens-td-309-unten-1.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	11409 Click image for larger version

Name:	a7292667d6.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	11410

Leave a comment:

Guest commented on 's reply
    Sure, still I'm thinking it should be included by default. The experience goes downhill pretty quickly with dirty records.

Where is Discwasher when we need them!

• david k
    replied
    If buying new, my vote goes to one of the Denon offerings.

david

Leave a comment:

Working...
X