Need help with budget integrated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with budget integrated

I'm looking for an entry level integrated amp or preamp with MM phono and DAC in it. Power output is not important with the integrated, but probably 25wpc or more.
    Here's the kicker $500 top budget.
    Thanks
    SOURCE: VINYL - EAT C-Sharp, Soundsmith Paua mkII, Benz LPS-mr, Benz Ebony H
    DIGITAL - Marantz SA-11S3 sacd/cd/transport, Auralic Vega G2 DAC. Bluesound Node 2i
    PHONOSTAGE: AudioNet PAM G2 with AudioNet EPS G2 power supply. Lehmann Audio Decade. MoFi Studiophono
    PREAMP: Audionet PRE G2.
    AMPLIFIER: Audionet MAX monoblocks.
    SPEAKERS: YG Acoustics Anat III Signatures (upgraded to Sonja 1.2) SVS SB-4000 subwoofers (x2)
    CABLES: Kubala-Sosna.....Audio Desk Systeme RCM, Adona Rack, GIK room treatment

Look for a NAD at that price... or a good used amp.

Comment

What Scott said, id choose a NAD 316BEE and add a Schiit Modi DAC you're right at your target.
      Linn Kilmax LP12 | B.M.C. MCCI Signature ULN | innous ZENMini | Kii Three

Comment

I'm trying to lead him in the NAD direction. He's got NobSound tube amp now and little pro-ject phono box mm.
        He wants to either move to a single preamp with more inputs and dac and phono if possible. Or just dump the tube amp and get an integrated with dac and MM phono. He can always keep the phono and get something with dac only.
        DIGITAL - Marantz SA-11S3 sacd/cd/transport, Auralic Vega G2 DAC. Bluesound Node 2i
        PHONOSTAGE: AudioNet PAM G2 with AudioNet EPS G2 power supply. Lehmann Audio Decade. MoFi Studiophono
        SPEAKERS: YG Acoustics Anat III Signatures (upgraded to Sonja 1.2) SVS SB-4000 subwoofers (x2)

Comment

I haven't heard one, but the previous edition PS Audio Sprout integrated is available for $500.00 on eBay. It's gotten some very good reviews. The Sprout is compact, if that's an issue. Much bigger and a bit more expensive (but maybe less than 500 used) is the Outlaw RR2150 receiver (yes, receiver), more recently the RR2160. I think the newer one has a DAC. But I have much experience with the RR2150, and it is excellent sounding and very nicely made. It's MM phono stage is quite acceptable, although adding something like the Schiit Mani for another 125 would be way better.

Good luck!
          Dynavector XX-2MKII, VPI JMW 10.5i, VPI Aries, VPI SDS, ModWright PH-150 Reference Phono, Sony HAP-Z1ES server, McIntosh MR80, McIntosh C2300, McIntosh MC352, Vandersteen 5A, PS Audio P10, Bright Star Audio Rack of Gibraltar. Cables: Shunyata Cobra Ztron IC, PS Audio Statement AC, Synergistic Research AC, Harmonic Tech Silver Phono, Cable Research Labs Silver IC, Audioquest Gibraltar bi-wire.

Comment

Emotiva TA-100 (actually a full receiver with phono, DAC and FM tuner.)

or

Emotiva PT-100 (same it without the power amp section. Preamp with phono, DAC and FM.)

Some places were selling the ELAC integrated amp at a discount. That is an excellent amp (with DAC and Bluetooth, but no phono stage).
            Steve Lefkowicz
            Senior Associate Editor at Positive Feedback
            --------------------------------------------------------
            http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...ounding-system

Comment

My niece uses the Outlaw RR 2160 with Elac UNIfi floorstanding speakers, system sounds really good. I've convinced him to hold out for one of those. Over budget but worth it and future proofs him for a while.

Comment

Working...
              X