Great deal on ELAC at Frys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great deal on ELAC at Frys

If you know anyone looking to set up a really low cost system, Frys electronics is closing out some older ELAC models at crazy prices:

for example:
    Debut F5 speakers for $99 each
    Debut B6 for $99/pair
    ELAC EA SERIES AMPLIFIER for $299 (I really like this little integrated amp)

https://www.frys.com/search?sqxts=1&...arance%20Items
    Steve Lefkowicz
    Senior Associate Editor at Positive Feedback
    --------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...ounding-system

Great deals. They both have been replaced by newer models, but got raves in their original versions (which are these models on sale). The B models are bookshelf, and the F are floor standing. If you want to set up an inexpensive system for children going off to college or starting out, the B6 speakers are outstanding (for $50 for each speaker!). Not familiar with the amp (their current amps are come from Audio Alchemy which has merged into ELAC.)

Larry
    Analog- VPIClassic3-3DArm,SoundsmithZephyrII+MiyajimaZeroMono, 2xAmpex ATR-102,Doshi3.0 BottleheadPhonoPre,Herron VTPH-2A
    Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,Mykerinos,PacMicroModel2
    Dig Play-mchNADAC, LampiPac, Roon, HQP, Oppo105
    Electronics-Herron 360Pre,CJ MET1mchPre, Cary2A3monoamps
    Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
    Other-512Engineer/Marutani Symmetrical Power, ArtKelmGround1, AudioDiskVinylCleaner,AirTightRecordFlat, Scott Rust Interconnects,
    Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1KR2Rtapes,50TBrips

Comment

Originally posted by astrotoy View Post
      Great deals. They both have been replaced by newer models, but got raves in their original versions (which are these models on sale). The B models are bookshelf, and the F are floor standing. If you want to set up an inexpensive system for children going off to college or starting out, the B6 speakers are outstanding (for $50 for each speaker!). Not familiar with the amp (their current amps are come from Audio Alchemy which has merged into ELAC.)

Larry
      I've got one of the amps. Actually, my son has it now, ready to set up using Tekton Lores. No idea why it wasn't more popular. Very nice sounding amp, and near digital efficiency without sounding like a low cost digital amp (BASH amp, class A/B using a "tracking switching power supply"). To me the deal here is the floor standing F5 for $200/pair. Not much more expensive than the B6 once you add stands in, and the F5 handle bass well enough that you don't really need a sub.
      Steve Lefkowicz
      Senior Associate Editor at Positive Feedback
      --------------------------------------------------------
      http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...ounding-system

Comment

• Steve Lefkowicz
        Steve Lefkowicz commented
        Editing a comment
        Prior. It came out about the same time as their Discovery streamer and the shortly after the original Debut line of speakers. I've had mine since 2017 and heard it at their office at least a year before that.

• Rob
        Rob commented
        Editing a comment
        The one thisng that would stop me from acquiring the Elac is the lack of a MM input. I have the NAD 316 BEE in my office, I don't have a TT connected yet but a Planar I is in my future. I already have a spare schiit modi DAC so the Elacs is superfluous (for me)

• Steve Lefkowicz
        Editing a comment
        That can be a limiting factor, for sure. I had an extra iFi iPhono (the original model) that I gave my son for his system. That is certainly better than most of the built in stages I've heard in the under $1000 integrated amps I've tried. Plus then if he ever moves up to an MC cartridge, the iFi will handle that nicely too. Not sure I'd recommend an MC for the arm on his table though.

Great deal is an understatement. The B5 or 6 for those prices is as Crazy Eddie would say “Insane.” Darn good and hard to beat sound at their price when new. World’s better than any computer speaker you would buy too.

Thanks for the heads up.
      Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
      Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
      -cj 40th Anniversary ART300 monoblock amplifiers
      -Merrill Audio Elemente 116 monoblock amplifiers
      -cj GAT preamplifier Series 2 preamplifier
      -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
      -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
      -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
      -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
      -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
      -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
      -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

• JCOConnell
        JCOConnell commented
        Editing a comment
        I use focal electra 905 bookshelf speakers for my computer system, cost originally around $2K a pair

So the matching Elac amp is good for use as a PC amp ?
      any other options along the same price point as good or better ?
      thinking of getting a matching sub too , which one , guys ?

Comment

• genlove
        genlove commented
        Editing a comment
        @Steve, possible from PC audio out, into the RCA input of the amp, and running to a pr of B6's?

• Steve Lefkowicz
        Editing a comment
        PC would connect through the USB input most likely.

• JCOConnell
        JCOConnell commented
        Editing a comment
        I run audio out ( analog ) from the PC to a preamp, then to a hafler power amp, then to the focal speakers. I also run CD player and fm tuner to preamp.
    Working...
    X