New article in Positive Feedback; First Systems, Part 1 - Julie's System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New article in Positive Feedback; First Systems, Part 1 - Julie's System

Here's the article about our friend Julie and her new system that I've mentioned here before:
    Steve Lefkowicz
    Senior Associate Editor at Positive Feedback
    --------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...ounding-system

Steve.......I enjoyed reading your article about Julie's new sound system. Your contribution to her satisfaction with her purchase was exemplary. The final price point was remarkably low, and her excitement with the system was high. The whole event made me smile. Thanks for sharing.
    Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE with SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
    LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC452, MR85, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

Comment

Thanks! it is the first of a series. already have two more that I am writing up. Hope to do maybe two per year, maybe more.
      Steve Lefkowicz
      Senior Associate Editor at Positive Feedback
      --------------------------------------------------------
      http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...ounding-system

Comment

Excellent...congratulations to you and Julie!
        Vbr,

Sam

Comment

Excellent piece Steve and really needed. It’s good to show people that they don’t have to spend a fortune for musical nirvana and audio bliss. Not to mention that’s what dealers exist for too. Rather than shopping for the cheapest thing on Amazon.

Sounds like she could use a Spin Clean. 😉
          Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
          Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers, cj ART300 40th Anniversary monoblock Amplifiers; cj GAT preamplifier Series 2; Doshi V3.0 and Thoress Mk. 2 phonostages; VPI Vanquish turntable/12-inch 3D tonearm/12-inch Fat Boy, SAT LM-12 arm, Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges; Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads/Doshi V3.0 tape stage run balanced; Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords. Stillpoint Aperture panels, SPod Magico feet, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC. Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks; Audiodharma Cable Cooker; Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

• Steve Lefkowicz
            Steve Lefkowicz commented
            Editing a comment
            We've told her if she cooks dinner, we'll bring our Spin Clean and Record Doctor and clean any new additions to her collection.

I love reading articles like this! I feel both proud and happy for the new owner of this system.
          SOURCE: VINYL - EAT C-Sharp, Soundsmith Paua mkII, Benz LPS-mr, Benz Ebony H, DIGITAL - Marantz SA-11S3 sacd/cd/transport, Auralic Vega DSD 256 DAC. PHONOSTAGE: AudioNet PAM G2 with AudioNet EPS G2 power supply. PREAMP: Audionet PRE G2. AMPLIFIER: Audionet AMP monoblocks. SPEAKERS: YG Acoustics Anat III Signatures (upgraded to Sonja 1.2) REL Gibraltar G1 with G1 mk2 driver. CABLES: Kubala-Sosna.....Audio Desk Systeme RCM, Adona Rack, GIK room treatment

Comment

Steve another well done article and promoting this hobby doesn't need to be about esoteric super expensive gear.
            Marty

Comment

Thank you Steve. It proves a person can be extremely happy with a audio system that doesn't cost more than a lower end new car..
              Chris
              ----------------------------------------------------------------
              Kef 201/2, Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE, Manley Chinook, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV20x2L, ExaSound e32, Acoustic Zen cables. (Office): Vincent SP331 Mkll, Quicksilver Pre, Lumin D1, (Ken Lau Signiture Edition PSU), Bryston BCD-1, Vapor Audio Breeze, WooAudio W6se, HD800, HD600, Mr Speaker Ether C Flow,

Comment

Working...
              X