Oppo is now taking preorders for the UDP-203 Ultra HD Blu-ray player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oppo is now taking preorders for the UDP-203 Ultra HD Blu-ray player

Oppo is now taking pre-orders for the UDP-203 Ultra HD Blu-ray player. The price is $549 and should be a great machine for those using 4K displays.

Click image for larger version

Name:	UDP-203.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	35432

see http://oppodigital.com/blu-ray-udp-203/

I had my pre-order in for sometime now so I was sent an email which allowed me to purchase it today. The email from Oppo said: "Due to the limited quantity available for the initial release, the limit is 1 per customer."
    Speakers/Amps: Genesis G2.2 Jr with Powered Servo-Sub Bass, Genesis GR1440 Mono Amps, 5,000 watts total power
    Preamp: SMc Audio VRE-1C Preamp (fully balanced inputs and output)
    Phono 1: VPI Signature 21 Belt-Drive Turntable with 10” 3D Printed Fatboy Gimbal Arm and Ortofon MC Windfeld Ti Phono Cartridge driving Lehmann Decade Phono Preamp
    Phono 2: VPI HW-40 Direct-Drive Turntable with 12” 3D Printed Fatboy Gimbal Arm and Ortofon MC Anna Diamond Phono Cartridge driving Genesis Gold Phono Preamp
    R2R Tape: Studer A810 with Bridge Console
    Digital: Lumin Network Player with Lumin NAS
    Cables: Genesis Advanced Technologies/Absolute Fidelity Interface Interconnects, Speaker, Phono and Power
    Power: Audio-Ultra Power System, IsoTek Super Titan Passive Power Conditioning for Amplifiers
    Accessories: Custom Acrylic Equipment Stands, Klaudio Ultrasonic RCM

Best Buy had a Samsung uhd bluray player on sale for $199 on black Friday.
    Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Audio Technica AT-OC9XML Cart (Stereo) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (Stereo) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (Stereo) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (Mono) , Luxman Tonearm (Mono) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (Mpmp) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones, Headroom Max Balanced Headphone Amp, DIY Silver Interconnects

Comment

• JCOConnell
      JCOConnell commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't recommend it, I just noted it.

• JCOConnell
      JCOConnell commented
      Editing a comment
      yes, sony makes excellent disc players, Ive owned sony CD, DVD, BLU RAY players and have never had a problem with any of them. I don't believe sony has a uhd bluray player out yet.

• Rust
      Rust commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, UHD doesn't matter since I don't have a screen that will handle UHD.

I just placed my order today! Can't wait for it to arrive! My BDP-103 will get moved to the bedroom

Comment

I received my UDP-203 Saturday (12/17/12). As a video source it is awesome. I was most interested in it's picture quality with DVD's and Blu-ray Disc's and it did not disappoint. Blu-ray Disc's never looked better.

Audio quality was excellent at the analog stereo output. I don't have a multi-channel set-up at the moment, so I have not tested that. As a universal player, it has just about everything:
      • Optical disc playback for UHD Blu-ray, Blu-ray (2D & 3D), DVD, DVD-Audio, SACD, CD and AVCHD discs.
      • 8-channel, 32-bit DAC from AKM (4458), with support for: PCM: AIFF, ALAC, FLAC and WAV up to 384kHz/32-bit and DSD: 2-channel DSD256 and multi-channel DSD64/128
      • The deck also supports Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Atmos and DTS:X.
      Music files streamed from my NAS on the network and USB 2.0 Drive (Solid State Drive) plugged into any of the three USB 2.0 ports sounded excellent. The only downside to streaming is the user interface is not any better than the previous version in the 103 and 105.

All in all, given the video and audio quality, I think the UDP-203 is a killer machine for the money.
      Speakers/Amps: Genesis G2.2 Jr with Powered Servo-Sub Bass, Genesis GR1440 Mono Amps, 5,000 watts total power
      Preamp: SMc Audio VRE-1C Preamp (fully balanced inputs and output)
      Phono 1: VPI Signature 21 Belt-Drive Turntable with 10” 3D Printed Fatboy Gimbal Arm and Ortofon MC Windfeld Ti Phono Cartridge driving Lehmann Decade Phono Preamp
      Phono 2: VPI HW-40 Direct-Drive Turntable with 12” 3D Printed Fatboy Gimbal Arm and Ortofon MC Anna Diamond Phono Cartridge driving Genesis Gold Phono Preamp
      R2R Tape: Studer A810 with Bridge Console
      Digital: Lumin Network Player with Lumin NAS
      Cables: Genesis Advanced Technologies/Absolute Fidelity Interface Interconnects, Speaker, Phono and Power
      Power: Audio-Ultra Power System, IsoTek Super Titan Passive Power Conditioning for Amplifiers
      Accessories: Custom Acrylic Equipment Stands, Klaudio Ultrasonic RCM

Comment

• Dr.Ears
        Dr.Ears commented
        Editing a comment
        Jim, audio wise is the new Oppo worthy of the rest of your equipment?

• Joe Pittman
        Joe Pittman commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't use the BDP-203 in my reference music systems. I only use it in my desktop system with 4K monitor and modest headphone system, for which it sounds exceptionally good. Video quality is reference class.

Sony has announced their first UHD blu ray player. I saw the pdf of the brochure and its a top line ES machine similar in features and specs to the oppo. But cost is expected to be twice as much.
      Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Audio Technica AT-OC9XML Cart (Stereo) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (Stereo) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (Stereo) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (Mono) , Luxman Tonearm (Mono) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (Mpmp) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones, Headroom Max Balanced Headphone Amp, DIY Silver Interconnects

Comment

Mine is ordered, might as well I've owned every player OPPO has made.
        Chris
        ----------------------------------------------------------------
        Kef 201/2, Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE, Manley Chinook, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV20x2L, ExaSound e32, Acoustic Zen cables. (Office): Vincent SP331 Mkll, Quicksilver Pre, Lumin D1, (Ken Lau Signiture Edition PSU), Bryston BCD-1, Vapor Audio Breeze, WooAudio W6se,Questyle Audio CMA800R LCD-3,HD800s, HD600, Mr Speaker Ether C Flow,

Comment

Working...
        X