• Color Me Skeptical

Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
    -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Interesting development - another novelty for the easily impressed and undereducated - It (the sound) will probably be fine for the local news and everyday sitcoms, but no way will it suffice for movies and theatrical presentations...looking at Amazon, a 65" A1 is going to be $5K and a 77" is $20K...Go figure...Neither are adequate for movies by any stretch...I'll stick with my big rig and JVC projector & 145" picture thank you...
    Primary 2 channel stuff: Atma-Sphere MP-1 Mk 3.3, Pass Labs X600.5 amps, Aerial SW 12 subs, True Sound Works Ultimate Apogee Divas, Dunlavy SC4s, VPI HRX Reference w Avenger mag drive and Reference footers, Gimbal Fatboy, Yamaha GT2000 for Mono, Miyajima Kansui, Miyajima ZERO, Fidelity Research MC-201 & 202, VPI ADS, Vendetta Research SCP-1, Audio Note UK- 3.1X II balanced DAC, Meridian Sooloos, Western Electric Speaker wire, mostly diy balanced interconnects, Furutech Power Cords

Comment

They make speakers that can be conceled in ceilings that are plastered and painted. They sound oh not so good lol but for those that don't know great sound but just spent 30million on a duplex who are we to care.
      I have a 65 inch magnolia series plasma exp shit at the time. The sound is ok for a tv but nothing like our hi end audio. Now using the surface of the TV for the highs and mids facing directly at us seems like a great concept alone.
      My two cents.
      analog stuff.
      otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 made new by soren
      otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 1/2 combo made new by soren
      sota sapphire used eminent tech ver 2 arm
      new sota nova table has magnetic levitation platter and full speed control and latest motor same arm as above
      thorens td124 sme ver 2 arm
      thorens td125 sme ver 2 arm
      kenwood direct drive sme ver 2 arm
      phono preamp Ml no 25 all re capped
      speakers cust infinity IRS V , new caps and LPS , magnets etc.
      mark levivson pre no 26 amps no 33
      digital three cust servers , win ser 2016 , AO
      Dacs lampi various

Comment

For years, I viewed TV shows and movies on a nice 60" Pioneer Kuro plasma. Great color and depth with fantastic blacks. But after having seen movies on a friend's 100" projector screen that was not even 1080p made me realize that, in the case of movies, size does matter. I appreciate that not everyone has the room or inclination to put up a projector and screen in their home and all the ancillary stuff you have to buy (processors, amplifiers, extra speakers, wiring) but IMO, it's worth the effort. I also have a JVC (quasi-4K) with a 123" screen and ATMOS integrated with my 2-channel system. 4K flicks with ATMOS are amazing.
        Wilson Audio Sasha 1, Audio Research Ref 250SE, ARC Ref 6SE, ARC Ref Phono 3SE, VPI TNT 6 w/rim drive, 12" Fatboy Uni w/dual pivot, 3D + 12.7 arms, SDS, Koetsu Vermillion, Lyra Etna SL, Lyra Kleos, ARC Ref CD9SE, Transparent Audio Reference Gen 5 cables. Shunyata Triton v2, Typhon, Denali D2000/T w/ Zitron Alpha HC and Alpha Digital. Furutech GTX-D NCF outlets with 3 dedicated lines.

Comment

"You can fool all of the people some of the time or some of the people all of the time."

Thin film transducers have been demonstrated for a few years now and while the technology has matured, any claims of high SPLs especially in regards to deep bass are advertising hype, unless the bass transducer is the front wall of the room or larger.

I would also view vibrating the display itself as questionable for long term reliability of the display.

Comment

The article only claims it is comparable to a sound bar. I think that's believable. I worked on a bar (the drinking kind ) that used NXT actuators and the sound was decent for background music. That was 17 years ago.

Comment

Working...
            X