Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GT Audio Works GTA3r speakers in the house!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT Audio Works GTA3r speakers in the house!

Hi Everyone,

I finally took delivery of and have the initial setup of my GTA3r speaker system. Though I continue to fine tune the setup and room acoustics, the system is sounding really good and improving all the time as the drivers, subs, and new line stage log hours. I'm also dealing with room treatment tuning issues as I respond to the increased demands these full range speakers place on the listening space. I've added 4 more Apertures to the back wall and panels on the side walls but measuring tells me I need a little more absorption on the sides.

In addition to the pictures, I hope to have a couple of videos coming soon.

John

Very Impressive! I am confident you will get a very nice Christmas card from Paul and Bruce at Stillpoints!

I am not familiar with the GTA3r. Are they a difficult drive for your amp?
    CJ Gat, Lamm ML1.1, CJ Tea1 S2 phono, TW Acoustics Raven AC, Tri-Planer MK Vll SE, Vdh Crimson Stradivarius, Exemplar Modded 205(Tube Version),Eficion F300 Speakers(Stillpoints Customized), Shunyata Denali 6000t,Triton V3, Shunyata Python Zitron IC's & Python Zitron Speaker Cables. Shunyata Sigma Power Cables, Stillpoints, Stillpoints Aperture Panels & MG Corner Tunes.

Comment

• tom_hankins
      tom_hankins commented
      Editing a comment
      They had these with Pass Labs 60wpc monoblocks at CAF last year in a huge room. It was a a really good room.

• allvinyl
      allvinyl commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Hawk. I was Ops Mgr at Stillpoints for 5 years and Paul and I are close and still hangout. Bruce is on the road constantly so I see him a lot less than I used to.
      The speakers are 93db efficient so my Symphony is just cruising. It was putting 300w/channel into my previous 6 ohm speakers.

• allvinyl
      allvinyl commented
      Editing a comment
      Tom - yes Steve the dealer in NJ runs those Pass amps in his system at home. He also uses the 6 driver per side subwoofer system. They'll be at Axpona for the first time this year in a regular size room using the 2 driver subwoofer system like the ones I use.

Congratulations, I have been extremely impressed on the times I have heard these and his older models too! Very nice!!
    SOURCE: VINYL - EAT C-Sharp, Soundsmith Paua mkII, Benz LPS-mr, Benz Ebony H
    DIGITAL - Marantz SA-11S3 sacd/cd/transport, Auralic Vega G2 DAC. Bluesound Node 2i
    PHONOSTAGE: AudioNet PAM G2 with AudioNet EPS G2 power supply.
    PREAMP: Audionet PRE G2.
    AMPLIFIER: Audionet MAX monoblocks.
    SPEAKERS: YG Acoustics Anat III Signatures (upgraded to Sonja 1.2) SVS SB-4000 subwoofers (x2)
    CABLES: Kubala-Sosna.....Audio Desk Systeme RCM, Adona Rack, GIK room treatment

Comment

• allvinyl
      allvinyl commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks again Tom. I have primarily been a panel guy over the years and listened to many offerings from several manufacturers before committing to the GTA speakers.

Congrats. Fabulous Choice
    Primary 2 channel stuff: Atma-Sphere MP-1 Mk 3.3, Pass Labs X600.5 amps, Eminent Technology LFT VI speakers, Aerial SW 12 subs, True Sound Works Ultimate Apogee Divas, VPI Mag Drive / Rim Drive HRX w Avenger Reference footers, 2 - 12" VPI 3DR tonearms, 1 - 12" VPI Stainless Steel tonearm, Miyajima Kansui, Miyajima ZERO, Fidelity Research MC-201 & 202, VPI ADS, Vendetta Research SCP-1, Truth Mod OPPO 105, Western Electric Speaker wire, DIY & Discovery interconnects, Furutech Power Cords

Comment

Finally got to the videos:
      One of me talking about the speakers, one of cd, one of vinyl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7BC2-rx5CQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsH3ILOyNRo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37r9mcuvOkk

John

Comment

Working...
      X