X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giya Owners

Anybody own Giya 2 or 3s? What say you?

Non owners feel free to chip in.
    Last edited by Asamel; 04-30-2016, 02:22 PM.

Some of the best (most accurate) speakers I've ever heard.... especially the G1 and G3. Have not heard the G2

Comment

I have the G3's on their way to my house. Should be here tomorrow, very excited. I have heard great things. These will hopefully be my last speakers.

Comment

Heard G2 and G3 and they simply disappear into the music, and have always been very enjoyable. Haven't heard their flagship G1 or the new version 2 series that are just going to be released.

Comment

I'm not a lucky Giya owner, but I have heard them all incl the latest G1 Spirit. They can do justice to ALL genres of music and deliver SOTA sound. I could live happily ever after with any them...and I'm probably in minority on this but I like the whimsical, Daliesque looks.

Comment

• Jim Smith
          Jim Smith commented
          Editing a comment
          Not the 2 or 3, but thought I'd mention that I recently voiced a system that included the new G1 Spirits. Maybe the finest speaker - at any price - that I have encountered at any of the substantial number of listening rooms/systems that I have voiced.

Honestly speaking, I didn't expect it, based on the sound of some of Dickie's earlier (non-Vivid) designs.

Interestingly, the speaker even looks different (better to me) after you have listened to it.

• mep
          mep commented
          Editing a comment
          High praise coming from Jim Smith!

• Asamel
          Asamel commented
          Editing a comment
          Jim, I agree! I got used to the way they look because I love the way they sound!

I do get the feeling they like power. Philip was using at CES a couple of years ago the big Luxman Class A monos on one of the earlier Vivid models. Some of the best sound have heard from Vivids. Warm, dynamic and powerful.
        Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
        Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers, cj ART monoblock Amplifiers; cj GAT preamplifier Series 2; Doshi V3.0 phonostage; VPI Vanquish turntable/12-inch 3D tonearm/Lyra Atlas SL, Ortofon A95, Charisma Reference 2 cartridges; Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads/Doshi V3.0 tape stage run balanced; Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords. Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC. Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks; Audiodharma Cable Cooker; Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

I have them set up and running first night was good but not what I was expecting, tonight they shone. It was during Uncle Tupelo's cover of Sin City by Gram Parsons(FBB) on Sundazed that I saw(heard) what these speakers could do. It was enlightning, a whole new type of listening experience, analytical detail yet plump with emotion and forcing you to sing along. Only fear now is I'm gonna worsen my Tinitis as I just want to crank the hell out of them constantly. Dumfounded and smiling in CT.

Comment

BRUCE may I ask a question of you as I regard your honesty and judgement.
            How do you judge accuracy ? With so many variables in the chain starting from the source as a reference ?
            I know in headphones accuracy is hand in hand with transparency. While they are different they both have to be a equal to attain status of quality overall.
            The hd800 noted for its staging and annoying peaks
            is only tamed when matched well only then is this headphone world class.

Comment

Bruce remind me what you were previously using.
              Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
              Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers, cj ART monoblock Amplifiers; cj GAT preamplifier Series 2; Doshi V3.0 phonostage; VPI Vanquish turntable/12-inch 3D tonearm/Lyra Atlas SL, Ortofon A95, Charisma Reference 2 cartridges; Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads/Doshi V3.0 tape stage run balanced; Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords. Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC. Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks; Audiodharma Cable Cooker; Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

I replaced Totem Winds.

Comment

• MylesBAstor
                  MylesBAstor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Big, big jump! My buddy has the Winds. To be fair, the Winds are how old? Gotta be more than five years.

I heard G1s at a friends house a few years ago....I've heard them all (well many of the top speakers anyway)...These are among the best speakers on the planet...
                Primary 2 channel stuff: Atma-Sphere MP-1 Mk 3.3, Pass Labs X600.5 amps, Eminent Technology LFT VI speakers, Aerial SW 12 subs, True Sound Works Ultimate Apogee Divas, VPI Mag Drive / Rim Drive HRX w Avenger Reference footers, 2 - 12" VPI 3DR tonearms, 1 - 12" VPI Stainless Steel tonearm, Miyajima Kansui, Miyajima ZERO, Fidelity Research MC-201 & 202, VPI ADS, Vendetta Research SCP-1, Truth Mod OPPO 105, Western Electric Speaker wire, DIY & Discovery interconnects, Furutech Power Cords

Comment

Working...
                X