X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mep
    replied
    Originally posted by Garth View Post

Why do you feel they are power hungry they rate them at 92db which is higher than the other models by vivid .

How are they for bass with 2 10 inch woofers or there or near 10 inch

would a 50 watt tube amp run them at a less than very loud setting
    There is more to the story with regards to how much amplifier power is required for a given speaker than the sensitivity specification. The nominal impedance, the minimum impedance, and phase angles to name a few. You can have a high sensitivity speaker and still have a difficult load to drive that’s going to require more power than what you would think if you only consider the sensitivity rating.

Leave a comment:

• Garth
    replied
    Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post
    I do get the feeling they like power. Philip was using at CES a couple of years ago the big Luxman Class A monos on one of the earlier Vivid models. Some of the best sound have heard from Vivids. Warm, dynamic and powerful.
    Why do you feel they are power hungry they rate them at 92db which is higher than the other models by vivid .

How are they for bass with 2 10 inch woofers or there or near 10 inch

would a 50 watt tube amp run them at a less than very loud setting

Leave a comment:

• JCOConnell
    commented on 's reply
    those big excursions waste amplifier power and cause speaker distortion in the normal band. Best to filter it out at the preamp stage with a high pass ( Sub Sonic) filter

• jeffk
    replied
    Originally posted by mep View Post

Do the woofers look like they want to jump out of the cabinets when playing LPs?
    no excessive excursion, my Joseph Audio Perspectives on the other hand have some serious excursion, on Ball Tongue by Korn they move inches.

Leave a comment:

• JCOConnell
    replied
    I was going to say the speaker enclosurers look like lava lamps, and then I see you have a lava lamp there in the photo...

Leave a comment:

• mep
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffk View Post
    I have them set up and running first night was good but not what I was expecting, tonight they shone. It was during Uncle Tupelo's cover of Sin City by Gram Parsons(FBB) on Sundazed that I saw(heard) what these speakers could do. It was enlightning, a whole new type of listening experience, analytical detail yet plump with emotion and forcing you to sing along. Only fear now is I'm gonna worsen my Tinitis as I just want to crank the hell out of them constantly. Dumfounded and smiling in CT.
    Do the woofers look like they want to jump out of the cabinets when playing LPs?

Leave a comment:

• jeffk
    replied
    These are incredibly revealing speakers, I would swap some cable etc, to find the tonal balance you prefer. I seriously doubt the speakers are the issue, these are breathtakingly accurate and dynamic with no harshness, extremely transparent to the source. They recommend a lot of toe in for set up, so if you have too much treble energy I suspect look beyond the vivids.

Leave a comment:

• Tapetech
    commented on 's reply
    If highs are too much, install an attenuator resistor on the tweeter. Most crossovers already have attenuator resistor, so you would just increase the value fo less highs. Ask the manufacturer about the mod.

• Musica
    replied
    Vivid owners, if I can ask - my G2 S2s have ~200 hours on them and to my ears are tipped up in the highs. The only way to really ensure they are balanced across mids - high is to raise them up on a platform 3+ inches, tilt them back and ensure little to no toe - in. Has anyone else experienced significant high end energy without raising, tilting and toe - in? mind you, they still sound beautiful but these efforts seem a bit extreme. Thanks in advance for your input.

Leave a comment:

• Garth
    commented on 's reply
    Jim If you do not mind what amp and preamp were driving the G1 spirits you voiced

• Alrainbow
    replied
    Pics please

Leave a comment:

• Musica
    replied
    Just purchased Giya G2 Series 2s and currently breaking them in. Great speakers IMO.

Leave a comment:

• cpp
    replied
    I would love to own the G1 G2 or the G3. But , so is life

Leave a comment:

• Musica
    replied
    Vivids are amazing, I recently heard the G1s at the Dallas dealer and they were exceptional. Realistic, effortless and dynamic..

Leave a comment:

• MylesBAstor
    commented on 's reply
    Big, big jump! My buddy has the Winds. To be fair, the Winds are how old? Gotta be more than five years.
Working...
X