New Speakers In Anyone's Plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dre_J View Post

Check my second to last paragraph above.

Dre
    Thank you...both have always been checked...and for some reason, I still do not see signatures. I DO see avatars but no signatures. Additionally, just to be sure, I unchecked...saved...and then went back and checked Show Signatures...and still nothing.
    SOURCE: Zanden 4-Box Digital
    AMP: Robert Koda K15EX/K160 Monos
    SPEAKER: Wilson XLF + Velodyne DD18+

CABLE: TA Opus (IC/SC) + Sablon/Z:Axis (PC)
    POWER: Dedicated Lines + Torus AVR16 + Nordost QX4 + Burmester 948
    ISOLATION: Under: HRS+Stillpoints+Z:Axis+SRATop: HRS+Artesania+EAT+140kg Mass
    GROUNDING: Tripoint Troy SE + Dual Entreq Pluton
    ROOM: Stillpoints Apertures+Acoustic Underlay

HEADPHONE: Meze Empyrean & Sennheiser 650/ EAR Yoshino HP4 Headphone Amp

Comment

Originally posted by LL21 View Post

Thank you...both have always been checked...and for some reason, I still do not see signatures. I DO see avatars but no signatures. Additionally, just to be sure, I unchecked...saved...and then went back and checked Show Signatures...and still nothing.
      That's odd and unusual. I have a couple requests/questions:

What browser and device type are you using?

If you log out and look at the forum, do signatures show at that time?

If you use a different browser and device and are still logged out, do signatures show?

Thanks,
      Dre
      Every day is a good day to play analog.
      - 12" 33-1/3 RPM or 45 RPM vinyl
      - 10.5" 15ips or 30ips tape
      Every day is a good day for live music.
      Every day is a good day to listen to music.
      Industry Affiliation:
      Contributing Writer, The Absolute Sound

Comment

Originally posted by Dre_J View Post

That's odd and unusual. I have a couple requests/questions:

What browser and device type are you using?

If you log out and look at the forum, do signatures show at that time?

If you use a different browser and device and are still logged out, do signatures show?

Thanks,
        Dre
        Interesting indeed! So using Chrome...and you are right. When I log out...i see all signatures. When I log in, they disappear again...And I double-checked. Show Signature is checked.

Comment

Interesting indeed! So using Chrome...and you are right. When I log out...i see all signatures. When I log in, they disappear again...And I double-checked. Show Signature is checked.
          Please let me know: Is this a PC or Android tablet or Android phone? I don't think you mentioned it above.

-----------------
          If android device, Check Chrome settings for "Privacy" and clear browsing data

Also check that "lite mode" in settings is off

I'm not sure if this will help because when I tried chrome, I have/had no issue.
          ------------------

Did you try using a different device to see if the issue follows you to that device?

How about if a different browser has the same issue?

------------------

These results may point to a Chrome settings issue or an unknown profile settings issue.

Dre
          Industry Affiliation:

Comment

Its a laptop computer. Whats strange is that I dont have this issue on other forums...I really only spend time on one other, WBF...and sometimes Audiogon where its very different, but I have seen a few others from time and time and there ARE signatures.

Comment

Let me go check security settings in Chrome perhaps...

Comment

still nothing from Chrome...all seemed fine?

Comment

still nothing from Chrome...all seemed fine?
                  I think we should take this offline and save the thread topic for the original post.

You can send me a PM to continue to troubleshoot your issue with signatures if you wish.

Dre
                  Industry Affiliation:

Comment

Back on topic, I suppose I COULD add on new speakers that I have always believed and experienced that superb subterranean bass adds a sense of venue, air and SPACE to a recording. And not necessarily some gargantuan electronic soundtrack either...I include intimate live jazz club sessions or even singing on stage. And of course orchestral, soundtracks, etc, etc.

To that end, I AM thinking about going from the Velodyne DD18+...having owned Velodynes now for 20 consecutive years or more...to dual subs...and possibly something like dual Funk 18.2s (which are each 2 x18" cones (dual opposing) with 4400 watt custom amps)...so effectively 2 x boxes, each with 2 x 18" cones dual-opposing. A lot of air movement given the excursion of 3.5" or so but by a number of accounts exceptional quality and low-distortion. Nathan Funk has so far been exceptional in answering questions.

And it would be great to have that effortless sense of space/venue alongside the XLFs...the displacement is perhaps 50% greater than dual Wilson Thors, and about 75% of the REL 6-pack towers but in 2 boxes, each a 2' cube...so far smaller than both.

Comment

I upgraded to Kharma DB9-S 1.1’s just before X-mas, and am very happy with them. Swopped out Lansche 4.2’s I had bought because at some point I wanted to own speakers with Plasma tweeters (like the tech).

Rationale for the choice was that I wanted to have a kind of blend between Magico-type of clarity (have owned three pairs) and the more lush bass of Wilson Audio speakers (have had Sabrina X’s in my system for 6 months). That kinda worked, and the double niners are still getting better every day.

In all of that I neither follow a high sensitivity speaker, nor high power amp paradigm. I just buy what I enjoy sound-wise. Prior to the speaker change I switched from Soulution 5 series separates to the AudioNet Humboldt integrated. In that sense I do not really have much restrictions in regards to what kind of speakers it can drive (output is 320 wpc @ 8 ohm).
                      “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Wilson Audio Sabrina-X LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata AlphaHC (x2)+Alpha+Alpha Analogue+Alpha Digital/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints Ultra SS.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Comment

Not happening anytime soon, but i'd like to own Vivid G1s or G2s at some point. The A5s are very satisfying and give you a generous slice of Magico's best designs so I'm hardly complaining.

Comment

This past year I added Tekton Perfect SET 15 as a new speaker. The review was on hold due to the long term after effects of a bad case of COVID that actually altered my hearing along with my sense of taste and smell. Now things are largely back to normal hearing wise (or at least stable and listening is enjoyable again) so now the review should be ready soon.
                          They fit my room much better than the Double Impacts ever did and are a remarkable speaker for $2200.
                          Steve Lefkowicz
                          Senior Associate Editor at Positive Feedback
                          -
                          Analog 1: Linn LP12 (MOSE/Hercules II), Ittok, Dynavector 10X5 MK.II Low, iPhono2/iPowerX; Analog 2: Pro-Ject RPM-1 Carbon, Talisman S, iFi iPhono.
                          Digital: Samsung 300E5C notebook, JRiver Media Center 28, Tidal HiFi, Qobuz Studio), iFi NEO iDSD, iFi iUSB3, iPurifier2, Audioquest Jitterbug.
                          Electronics: DIY passive line-stage, Antique Sound Labs MG-SI15DT-S, Burson Timekeeper Virtuoso
                          Speakers: Tekton Perfect SET 15, Tekton Lore, Magneplaner .7
                          Interconnects: Morrow Audio MA1, Vermouth Audio Black Pearl, Audioquest Evergreen
                          Speaker cables: WyWyres Diamond, Morrow Audio SP4, Vermouth Audio Red Velvet, Audioquest Type 5
                          Digital cables: Aural Symphonics USB, iFi Gemini twin-head USB.
                          Accessories: Sound Organization turntable shelf, Mondo racks, Pangea Audio Vulcan rack, Pi Audio Group Über BUSS, Monster HTS2000 power conditioner, Kinetronics anti-static brush, Pro-Ject VC-S record cleaner, Spin Clean record cleaner.
                          Headphones: Schiit Valhalla amp, Burson Conductor Virtuoso Amp, Meze Audio 99 Classic and 99 Neo, Beyerdynamic DT770Pro 600 ohm, DT770 Studio 80 ohm, 1More Triple Driver Over Ear, 1More Triple Driver IEM

Comment

I have been tweaking my speakers for the past 14 years. I still have the same horns and bass cabs, but I am now using plasma tweeters and field-coil drivers. I don't think I can go back to low sensitivity speakers and passive crossovers. Once you have experienced the low distortion of high sensitivity horn drivers and directly-heated triodes, it is hard to go back. And only using less than one watt of power to drive the speakers also makes a big difference; the first watt is the best watt, so the saying goes. This is true even for high powered amplifiers. The immediacy, clarity, transients and dynamics of such a set up is hard to achieve with low sensitivity speakers.

Comment

We are considering a dedicated audio room. If we proceed than we may change out our Magico M3s for a set of Estelons or Alsyvox’s. In any case, we will be adding subs to the new room.
                              Sincerely,

Joe

Our System

Speakers: Magico M3s w/ MPODs; Amps: Vitus Signature SM-103 Monos; Pre-Amp: EMM Labs PRE ; Phono: TT: J. Sikora Standard Max Turntable; Tonearms: 2 x J. Sikora KV12 Kevlar Tonearms; Carts: Airtight Opus1 and MSL Platinum Signature; Phono Stage: VAC Renaissance ; Digital: EMM Labs DA2 V2 (DAC); EMM TX2 Transport (SACD / CD); Aurender N30SA (Streamer); Aurender ACS10 (CD Ripper); Other Necessities: Power Conditioner: Shunyata Everest w/SSF Feet; Cables: Shunyata Sigma, Alpha and Aural Symphonics Optimism Fiber Optic; Cable Elevators: Shunyata DF-SS; 3 x Dedicated Circuits (10g) with Shunayta SR-Z1 Outlets; Rack: Adona Reference, 2 x Custom Eric’s C3s and 2 x Zero GR1 Amp Stands

Comment

Working...
                              X