Raidho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raidho

Has anyone heard any of the top Raidho loudspeakers such as the C4.1, D4.1 or D5.1? Sure, Jon Valin likes them but you don't hear much about them from anybody else. It's almost like the line from the classic "Ferris Bueller's Day Off". Instead of taking attendance by calling out "Bueller? Bueller, Bueller? Bueller?, trying to find someone who is really familiar with Raidhos is just as hard. "Raidho? Raidho? Raidho? Raidho? Anyone?

It seems that they can sing under the right circumstances but there is also some concern about their famed ribbon tweeter being too hot. What is more, they are one of those speaker manufacturers that do not believe in giving the user any flexibility by providing simple adjustments such as tweeter level controls. (Much like Magico and very unlike companies such as Wilson, Sonus Faber, von Schweikert, etc). There is also some evidence that their tweeter was unreliable not only in their early years, but even now. I'm trying to validate that rumor so if you know something, please share it with us. Some models such as the C 4.1, if put into the wrong room, also had some midbass bloat that was rumored to be tamed by putting damping material in the ports. However, although this issue has apparently been resolved in the D4.1 and D5.1, I'd like to hear from a user to confirm this.

Even your casual listening feedback from hearing them at shows would be appreciated.
    Marty

Significant (and easily measurable) mid-bass bloat on every pair I have heard or voiced. Otherwise great.

Comment

I have heard them at several shows - and only at shows. Nevertheless.... and I am probably in a minority... compare to many many other options, I think they are vastly overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Smith View Post
        Significant (and easily measurable) mid-bass bloat on every pair I have heard or voiced. Otherwise great.
        What about dynamics and ability to play loud?
        Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
        Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
        -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
        -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
        -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
        -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
        -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
        -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
        -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
        -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
        -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post

can you say, nice to mole you?
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLZZos7_fYo

I had a pair of Raidho Eben X, the predecessor to the X-1 and the pronounced mid-bass was so glaring it was like seeing the mole and nothing else. I heard different models over the years at the Newport Show in different rooms and the mid-bass issues were omnipresent.
          TechDAS | Graham Eng | ZYX | Boulder | Magico

"Listening to Analogue music is an act of rebellion in a digital gulag" - Simon Yorke

Comment

Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post

Not wonderful.

Comment

Working...
            X