Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Wilson Do You Own? (Take The Poll!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Wilson Do You Own? (Take The Poll!)

You read the title! So, which Wilson do you own?

If you own an older model, post it here!
    Alexandria XLF
    0%
    Alexx
    12.50%
    Alexia
    25.00%
    Sasha Series-2
    0%
    Yvette
    12.50%
    Sabrina
    12.50%
    Duette Series-2
    0%
    MAXX-3
    12.50%
    Alexandria Series-2
    25.00%
    Last edited by LetSleepingDogs; 01-09-2017, 10:37 PM.

C'mon guys! Know there's at least two or three Wilson owners here.
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
    -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

Never even heard one.
      Dynavector DV20x2L MC cartridge - Genesis G7.1f speakers - Marantz Reference PM-KI-Pearl Int. Amp. - Oracle Audio Paris MkV turntable - Various Morrow & Valab/King cables

Comment

I might vote, but it seems that my Wilsons do not exist.

I guess if its not current Wilson model, its no longer worthy of owning

Comment

Metamatic,

Unfortunately there is a limit on the number of poll answers that can be added. Therefore, I have only put the current models.

Please, post your model here!

Comment

• Metamatic
          Metamatic commented
          Editing a comment
          yes, the limit is 15 :-) you almost got 1/2 the way there.
          just adding one more choice - other Wilson speakers would have sufficed as any owner of Wilson not on the list cannot see the results of the poll.

Maxx3

Alexandria Series 2
        Christian
        System Gear

Comment

I had a pair of Watt Series III, does that count
        TechDAS | Graham Eng | ZYX | B.M.C. | Boulder | Magico

"Listening to Analogue music is an act of rebellion in a digital gulag" - Simon Yorke

Comment

Alexia in black.

Comment

the football
            Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Audio Technica AT-OC9XML Cart (Stereo) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (Stereo) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (Stereo) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (Mono) , Luxman Tonearm (Mono) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (Mpmp) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones, Headroom Max Balanced Headphone Amp, DIY Silver Interconnects

Comment

I used to own this one:

Thiel 7.2s, Manley NeoClassic 250s, Wadia 850, MIT Oracle V3 speaker cables, MIT MI-350 Oracle interconnects, Black Diamond Racing Shelves and Cones in a dedicated room with ASC Tube Traps, Room Tunes and 3 X 20 amp dedicated circuits.

Comment

Alexia in Topaz
                Etsuro Gold cartridge(mg), AMG v12 turntable w/ 12JT Turbo tonearm, bespoke LFD phono cable, CS Port C3EQM2 phono stage, dCS Rossini DAC, Roon ROCK, Audio Research Ref10 pre, Audio Research Ref160M amps, Wilson Alexia (v1) speakers. Transparent Ref MM2 & Gen5 signal, Ref MM2 speaker cables, Shunyata SigmaNR, Ztron Python power cables. Shunyata Hydra Triton v3, Stillpoints. HRS. Acoustic environment optimized by Dr. Bonnie Schnitta of SoundSense.

Comment

Didn't they used to have a model called WATT Puppies?
                  Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Audio Technica AT-OC9XML Cart (Stereo) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (Stereo) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (Stereo) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (Mono) , Luxman Tonearm (Mono) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (Mpmp) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones, Headroom Max Balanced Headphone Amp, DIY Silver Interconnects

Comment

• Rob
                    Rob commented
                    Editing a comment
                    the Watt was first available as a stand alone speaker, the Puppies came later.

Watt Puppy 8

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                    Watt Puppy 8
                    Nice James! Good to have you posting!!! Look forward to more!

-VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
                    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
                    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
                    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

I've always had a warm spot in my heart for Wilsons.

Guess it was about five or six years ago, my choice for a reference speaker came down to Wilson Sasha 1s, Evolution Acoustics MM3 and Martin-Logan Summit-Xs. The ML eventually won out because of cost then. But the Sashas were a harbinger of more good things to come from Wilson. Before that, the Wilsons excelled at many things but just didn't have the low level resolution and subtlety that I needed in a speaker. That I always felt switching back and forth between the Wilsons and the Maggies. The Sashas changed that feeling.

Back in the '90s Dave lent me a pair of WP 5.1s for a single-ended amplifier review project I was doing for Audio Adventure magazine. Tried them with a number of SE amplifier including some from Audio Note and Cary. Got the 5.1s to really sound good with the Audio Note SE amp (as well as my cjs at the time). At that time, Mike Trei and Herb Reichert were the US AN importers and they loved the sound of the amps on the WPs from the mid-bass thru lower midrange. Of course, I liked my way of setting up the speaker more than the recommended Wilson setup procedure.

Comment

• Ritmo
                        Ritmo commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Myles - It was during RMAF several years ago that I decided to buy the Alexias. On a Friday afternoon, you and I were listening to some of your wonderful vinyl in Nick Doshi's room sponsored by Paragon. Alexias were ordered a month after that.

• MylesBAstor
                        MylesBAstor commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I think Mark and Bruce were in the room too that year.
                    Working...
                    X