Vandersteen Treo CT's on order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vandersteen Treo CT's on order

I finally pulled the trigger on a new pair of Vandersteen Treo CT's. Looks like 5-6 weeks order time. I got a nice trade-in value from my dealer on the 2Ce Signature II's as well so all is in order. Now the waiting begins!

VPI Prime Signature with Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, Simaudio Moon 610LP Phono Pre, PS Audio: DirectStream Memory Player, Directstream DSD DAC, BHK Pre, BHK 300 Mono's, Vandersteen Quatro CT's, Roon, AudioQuest Niagara 5000, Thunder Power cables, CastleRock speaker cables, MacKenzie interconnects and Diamond USB.

Beautiful speakers and I hope they bring you much listening pleasure.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 table with flywheel, SME 3012R arm, SME 312S arm, Lyra Etna SL and Dynavector XV-1S cartridges, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers, and Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

Thanks mep! I have kicked these tires long enough!

btw, how do you like your XV-1S cartridge? I am a Dynavector fan.
      Last edited by longbowbbs; 02-26-2016, 03:35 PM. Reason: One more thing!
      VPI Prime Signature with Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, Simaudio Moon 610LP Phono Pre, PS Audio: DirectStream Memory Player, Directstream DSD DAC, BHK Pre, BHK 300 Mono's, Vandersteen Quatro CT's, Roon, AudioQuest Niagara 5000, Thunder Power cables, CastleRock speaker cables, MacKenzie interconnects and Diamond USB.

Comment

Vandersteen is a good company they put a lot of time and money in to R and D

Comment

I have attended a couple of Richards seminar's plus I have owned Model 1's and 2's on and off for 35 years. Time to step up a couple of rungs on the Vandersteen ladder.

Comment

Congrats! Look forward to your listening impressions!
            Kronos Sparta -> Trinity Phono -> Trinity Pre -> CH Precision A1 -> Magico S7s

Comment

Originally posted by longbowbbs View Post
              Thanks mep! I have kicked these tires long enough!

btw, how do you like your XV-1S cartridge? I am a Dynavector fan.

I love the XV-1S and it has brought me many hours of great listening pleasure.
              Micro Seiki SX-8000 table with flywheel, SME 3012R arm, SME 312S arm, Lyra Etna SL and Dynavector XV-1S cartridges, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers, and Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

It appears that Neil Gader is writing a review of the Treo CT's in the upcoming Absolute Sound edition. That will help tide me over until they get there.

Comment

Congratulations! Richard hasn't been in business all these years because of luck!
                  Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
                  Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
                  -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
                  -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
                  -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
                  -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
                  -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
                  -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
                  -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
                  -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
                  -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Thanks Myles. The S5's would look like two refrigerators in my room. I may move to the Quattro's at some point but they are dimensionally the same as the Treo's. Now to keep filling the piggy bank for the Simaudio Evolution gear!

Comment

I think you are the first member reporting on buying new equipment on the forum! Sure there are some other audiobuds enjoying some new gear out there! Let's hear about what's floating your boat?
                      Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
                      Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
                      -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
                      -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
                      -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
                      -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
                      -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
                      -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
                      -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
                      -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
                      -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Myles as you and I both enjoy the audio shows you know they are a candy store for gear. The challenge is how to audition gear in a more conducive location than show conditions. I finally started writing reviews partly because it is something I enjoy and it gives me a chance to roll good gear through my listening room and get some meaningful time with things rather than 30 minutes in a center chair getting stares from the presumed next occupant. After many years of staying with my current gear I stated to get in front of items that actually made me consider upgrading! (Gasp, like we need an excuse! ) I have enjoyed tubes for many years and would recommend anyone give a listen to Cary's gear. This time I am going to make a Solid State move. Lot's of excellent choices but since there IS a budget ( ) I began to gravitate toward Simaudio's Evolution gear and the GamuT electronics. Amazing sound and attainable. So I am currently on that path. Of course, Axpona is coming up so there is always the possibility of SQUIRREL But I think I know where i am going.

Comment

Thanks Myles. The S5's would look like two refrigerators in my room. I may move to the Quattro's at some point but they are dimensionally the same as the Treo's. Now to keep filling the piggy bank for the Simaudio Evolution gear!

congrats on the Treo CT, they're great music makers! I like Richards new carbon tweeter it really elevates the transparency up top. I have Quatros (now in storage) and because they're bi-amped you can get by with less power than you think. I had a CJ premier 11 driving them nicely, even the Accuphase A20 (20wpc) i use on my quad ESLs drives them well!
                          Simon Yorke S10 | My Sonic Lab Eminent GL | AcousticPlan PhonoMaster | Wadia X32 | Innuous ZEN Mini Mk II | Valvet Soulshine2 | Linear Tube Audio ZOTL10 MkII | Avantgarde Uno Fino XD

"One of the great challenges of this world: Knowing enough about a subject to think you are right, but not enough about the subject to know you're wrong" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Comment

That is interesting Rob. I do not see myself selling the Cary SLI-80. Once the Vcaps in the ultimate mod finally settled in (600+ hours!) It is an incredibly sweet midrange. So I will hang to its glorious 40watts of triode bliss. The Moon Evolution 760A brings 130 watts into 8Ohms and will have plenty to run the Treo's and even more if I decide to move on up to the Quattro's at some point.

Comment

That is interesting Rob. I do not see myself selling the Cary SLI-80. Once the Vcaps in the ultimate mod finally settled in (600+ hours!) It is an incredibly sweet midrange. So I will hang to its glorious 40watts of triode bliss. The Moon Evolution 760A brings 130 watts into 8Ohms and will have plenty to run the Treo's and even more if I decide to move on up to the Quattro's at some point.

I had an SLI-80 a few years ago on my Quads it was the F1 version with every possible 'upgrade' from Dennis, they didn't play well together. It will probably drive the Treo fine. I heard the Treo with Rogue 100 watter and it seemed to be enough power in that situation.
                              Simon Yorke S10 | My Sonic Lab Eminent GL | AcousticPlan PhonoMaster | Wadia X32 | Innuous ZEN Mini Mk II | Valvet Soulshine2 | Linear Tube Audio ZOTL10 MkII | Avantgarde Uno Fino XD

"One of the great challenges of this world: Knowing enough about a subject to think you are right, but not enough about the subject to know you're wrong" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Comment

Working...
                              X