EAR 912 Preamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAR 912 Preamp

I was wondering if anyone can comment on the phono preamp section in the EAR 912 preamplifier. I've been told by some that it is reference quality and there is no need to have an external phono stage, which seems like a great value if that is indeed so. Just wanted to see if anyone has any experience with this unit, as eliminating an external phono could free up some money to put into a high quality separate preamp such as the EAR 912.

I heard it at Dan Meinwald's home (EAR importer), I'm not intimately familiar with his system altho' few would question its pedigree ( Full EAR suite, Marten speakers, EAR/Townshend/Helius/Dynavector DRT XV-1 front end). the overall presentation is not lush, my very limited exposure would suggest its a 'modern' tube sound and can err on the bright side (for me) with certain recordings (the Martens, perhaps?). he brought nearly the same set up to recent Newport Shows I had the same takeaway.
    TechDAS | Graham Eng | ZYX | Boulder | Magico

"Listening to Analogue music is an act of rebellion in a digital gulag" - Simon Yorke

Comment

Working...
    X