Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bass Traps

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bass Traps

    I always like to bring some levity to discussions. I just came online to this forum last night. Thank you all for the kind welcomes.

    This is Pepper, the real Borderdog, arranging his bass traplets. You can get them at any PetSmart or any pet store.
    Pepper was my constant companion, whether on the construction site or at home in my listening room. We were inseparable. He went everywhere with me. He was a true herding Border Collie; from an incredible lineage. It's pretty bad when your canine companion is more intelligent than you. Sadly to say, Pepper passed away one year ago...he was over 14. He had a long and illustrious life.

    Anyways, these are some photos of Pepper setting up his Bass Traplets. I didn't have the heart to tell him that his Traplets weren't really contributing.
    So onto the the levity.
    Maybe with his canine hearing he could hear things I couldn't?
    He was very meticulous in his placement. These photos are few years old, so I don't have any of the equipment from these photos.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Bordrdog View Post
    I always like to bring some levity to discussions. I just came online to this forum last night. Thank you all for the kind welcomes.

    This is Pepper, the real Borderdog, arranging his bass traplets. You can get them at any PetSmart or any pet store.
    Pepper was my constant companion, whether on the construction site or at home in my listening room. We were inseparable. He went everywhere with me. He was a true herding Border Collie; from an incredible lineage. It's pretty bad when your canine companion is more intelligent than you. Sadly to say, Pepper passed away one year ago...he was over 14. He had a long and illustrious life.

    Anyways, these are some photos of Pepper setting up his Bass Traplets. I didn't have the heart to tell him that his Traplets weren't really contributing.
    So onto the the levity.
    Maybe with his canine hearing he could hear things I couldn't?
    He was very meticulous in his placement. These photos are few years old, so I don't have any of the equipment from these photos.
    Maybe he thought they were Rune Tunes?

    What an adorable buddy?
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com
    ________________________________________

    -Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
    -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

    Comment


    • #3
      When the Navy built the ELF system, they tested it with dogs.
      - Jonathan Valin

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by tima View Post
        When the Navy built the ELF system, they tested it with dogs.
        - Jonathan Valin
        Jonathan,
        That is really interesting. ELF (Extra Low Frequency).
        Come to think of it, when I would fire up my 18" Infinite Baffle Subs, Pepper would want out of the room; depending on what was playing. My Subs are good to 8 hz. There are a few movies that go that low.
        Now, I couldn't hear those super-low frequencies, but the house and I sure could feel it. And my house is built like a brick shit-house.
        I know that Pepper, being a true Border Collie, could both feel and hear it?

        I do know that he could hear higher frequencies, well out of my range.

        Interesting,
        Aaron

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by tima View Post
          When the Navy built the ELF system, they tested it with dogs.
          - Jonathan Valin
          Crikey - I gotta watch myself, or turn pro. None of the above is true. ;->

          Comment


          • #6
            A little levitation is always a good thing. Like the dog story~
            So, this means if you got those oversized teddy bears (that are telemarketed during Valentine's day), you could put them in the corners, stack them up in multiples and be good?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Bill Hart View Post
              A little levitation is always a good thing. Like the dog story~
              So, this means if you got those oversized teddy bears (that are telemarketed during Valentine's day), you could put them in the corners, stack them up in multiples and be good?
              As long as they're filled with Owens-Corning 703!

              Comment

              Working...
              X