Overthinking a Room Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ritmo View Post
    Congratulations on the new home Mark! Looks like great space. I'm sure you'll figure things out, as before.

BTW, I'm building a home in FL. I will finally have a dedicated stereo room (20X15X11) with concrete floors, 3 walls will be block/concrete, insulation in all walls and foam in insulation under the roof with 4 dedicated 20A lines. Move date is about 3 months out. I've had my system in storage for 3+ months!

Anyway, I hope you move goes smoothly. Enjoy your new home with the temp space and, eventually, that dedicated room.
    Thanks! Good luck with your new home and new room. I'm hoping to not have much down time from when I move until the system is set back up again.
    SP-10 MKII table with custom power supply designed and built by Peter Noerbaek, SME 312S arm, Dyna XV-1S cartridge, Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, and NOLA KO speakers with a pair of Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

• Ritmo
      Ritmo commented
      Editing a comment
      Amen to that Mark!

Originally posted by mep View Post

Thanks! Good luck with your new home and new room. I'm hoping to not have much down time from when I move until the system is set back up again.
    Biggest time hurdles for me were: working on the rest of the household, furniture, kitchen, unpacking and placement of household goods, cleaning, and basic house infrastructure stuff- lighting, security, etc; some lead time for a few things --the isolation transformer was a 6 week lag, and the MinusK a 3 week one. I did unpack the records as a priority, just to make sure everything arrived without damage- needed shelf space to do that. The vintage system arrived after we were fully settled in, so that was really just unpacking the equipment (smaller, less complicated) and setting it up.

Comment

Myles - No, I have not retired. I considered it. After 3 weeks of doing nothing I was going a bit crazy. Maybe I rushed into a complete slowdown. Since then, I have created a technology and management practice of "1" and I'm currently engaged traveling quite a bit. I do expect to slow down some but not to zero in the near term.

Comment

• rbbert
        rbbert commented
        Editing a comment
        Why do so many people seem to think "retired" means "doing nothing"?? Why not look at it sensibly, such as just not being responsible to anyone you don't want to be responsible to, and living your life on your own schedule instead of someone else's? Of course, there are a few lucky people for whom those things are true even when they are "working", or at least "pre-retirement".

Originally posted by Bill Hart View Post

Biggest time hurdles for me were: working on the rest of the household, furniture, kitchen, unpacking and placement of household goods, cleaning, and basic house infrastructure stuff- lighting, security, etc; some lead time for a few things --the isolation transformer was a 6 week lag, and the MinusK a 3 week one. I did unpack the records as a priority, just to make sure everything arrived without damage- needed shelf space to do that. The vintage system arrived after we were fully settled in, so that was really just unpacking the equipment (smaller, less complicated) and setting it up.
      Bill-I will have the same issues. Until everything is unpacked, put together, pictures are hung, and some semblance of normalcy returns to our lives, setting up my system will be on the back burner.
      SP-10 MKII table with custom power supply designed and built by Peter Noerbaek, SME 312S arm, Dyna XV-1S cartridge, Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, and NOLA KO speakers with a pair of Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

Working...
      X