Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Critical Listening Sweet-spot Seating - What are you Using?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critical Listening Sweet-spot Seating - What are you Using?

I am thinking about changing / upgrading my listening chair and would like some input on how you chose what you are using. How you would rate what you have chosen in both acoustic impact and comfort and maybe visuals if that is applicable in your case.

Listening Chairs

Listening Chair, Part Deux

Comment

• Garth
      Garth commented
      Editing a comment
      Meow

One Candidate : Ikea Poang

Comment

• Steve Lefkowicz
      Steve Lefkowicz commented
      Editing a comment
      My son has one. I think they look nice and are kind of comfortable for a nap, but sit too low and lean back too far for comfortable sitting, at least for me.

A comfortable solid, non adjustable consideration : Toscano Winnie

Comment

Airline surplus overstock .. this one's was for an Airbus project

Comment

My wife and I are small and listening is part of our living room/dining room. The chairs have to be acceptable to us as general seating and not specialized audio chairs. They have to be comfy for us which means small by big box furniture store standards. I prefe a chair that swivels where the back is well below my ears.
        TW Acustic TT with Ref motor & controller; Tri-Planar Arm; Transfiguration Proteus Cart; Arcam R Phono Preamp; Bluesound Vault-2 Music Server & Streamer; VTL 6.5 preamp, Pass Labs 150.8 Amp; Revel Studio Ultima Loudspeakers; Symposium Osiris Rack; Symposium Platforms and Roller Blocks plus grade 2.5 Balls; Shunyata Hydra 8; Shunyata AC Cords; Audio Art Ref balanced ICs, MIT Oracle IC and Magnum Speaker Cables; Schiitt Headphone Amp; Sennheiser HD700 Headphones; KLAudio Ultrasonic Record Cleaner

Comment

This hobby is so one person minded. I use a couch but sit back some 18 feet from them. So many rooms have one chair reminds of star track and command post o just don’t get that part. But I am the odd person in this train reck hobby.
          Room built for purpose 20/9/55 ft
          speakers cust infinity IRS V , new caps and LPS , magnets etc.
          mark levivson pre no 26 Amps no 33
          mogami gold mic interconnects , new soon
          digital three cust servers , win ser 2016 , AO 2.20 and cust Linux Kernal for NAS
          player roon server , dac PC HQ player USB power cut at main board
          network isolators cat 7a shielded , LPS for all pcs and network switches and routers. Audio network ips dedicated nas is music and network switch and router. Dacs lampi various

Comment

I have the Ikea Poang (sp) chair and have been pleased with them. If I ever came across a bag of money, I would love to get a couple Herman MIller Eames chars..

Comment

Chairs are like everything else in this hobby-nobody can agree on anything. If a 100 people chime in on this thread, you will get 100 different opinions on the chair you should buy. It won't be a coincidence that the chair people will recommend are the ones they own. Buy whatever pleases you both aesthetically and comfort wise.
              SP-10 MKII table with custom power supply designed and built by Peter Noerbaek with an SME 3012R with Dyna XV-1S cartridge, VPI Avenger table with rim drive and JMW -12-3D arrm with Lyra Etna SL cartridge, Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, NOLA KO speakers with a pair of Def Tech Ref subs, and a pair of JBL 4345 speakers.

Comment

Probably as close as I will get to having an AMG C63s coupe - just add swivel base

Comment

Working...
                X