Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Critical Listening Sweet-spot Seating - What are you Using?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ligne Roset. Incredibly comfortable chair. Going on four years, sat in everyday for coffee in the morning. No signs of wear compression at all. Very good quality. You going to pay for that.
    PAP Trio 10/Voxativ & PAP Trio 15 Horn speakers, Ampsandsound Casablanca monoblocks, First Sound Audio Mark 3SI preamp,
    Mojo Audio Deja Vu server, Mojo Audio Mystique V3 DAC, The Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, Blue Jeans Ethernet cablling,
    Akiko Corelli, Custom power strip direct wired to panel with OFC copper wire. Inakustik Ref Air 2404 Speaker cable. Genesis and Inakustik NF2404 Air Interconnects.

Comment

Eames Lounge and Ottoman - probably not ideal in that you are canted back - the bugaboo about the headrest isn't- it comes to your shoulders- maybe I'm just a victim of fashion, but I've had a lot of different Eames designs over the years, starting with his bent wood chairs for the Evans company. He learned to fabricate by making wood splints and crutches for the military during WWII.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF0747-1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	572.3 KB ID:	105579Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF0758.jpg Views:	1 Size:	572.6 KB ID:	105580
      Last edited by Bill Hart; 01-06-2019, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• Bill Hart
        Bill Hart commented
        Editing a comment
        Rob- Eames and Knoll started to enforce their rights only in the last decade or so. Some of the knock offs I saw were not very high quality. The retail price of the 'branded' chair is high, but as you probably know there is a 'standard discount' for interior designers and others that is commonly available so the 'real' pieces are not nearly as expensive as their list price would suggest.

• Musica
        Musica commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice Marshall stack..

• Bill Hart
        Bill Hart commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks Musica- it's not a full sized Marshall-it's the 2061 head, point to point wiring, solid state rectifier, with matching 2 x 12 cabinet. Next to a full sized Marshall it's about 3/4 size. It is crazy loud for a 20 watt amp, though, especially with humbuckers and a preamp stage like an Echoplex. You get that bite of the classic Marshall sound, but it's gonna get LOUD! It's a very good amp to play through, though.

Originally posted by Alrainbow View Post
      I sit back 17 feet from my speakers a simple low couch is fine.
      Al, you are one of the very few music lovers with a line-source. Most aren't as lucky. For them, 17 feet back and they will need much more power than you do. With a line-source, your seating height doesn't matter either.

Comment

MBL speakers has a poster of a guy in a chair that is lounge chair almost laying down low to the floor it always makes me think that has to be a digital system no one is getting up and down out of that chair to change records.

Comment

Originally posted by garylkoh View Post

Al, you are one of the very few music lovers with a line-source. Most aren't as lucky. For them, 17 feet back and they will need much more power than you do. With a line-source, your seating height doesn't matter either.
          Good morning GARY. I was just going to post that my height has very little effect on sound. As for power my hope is my ML no 33 amps are good enough lol.
          Nice to see you post hope all is well.
          speakers cust infinity IRS V , new caps and LPS , magnets etc.
          mark levivson pre no 26 amps no 33
          digital three cust servers , win ser 2016 , AO
          Dacs lampi various

Comment

You know sometime when I'm really into listening I lay across my ottoman. It puts my head forward of my body as well as seating. It makes the sound stage appear far bigger.
            PAP Trio 10/Voxativ & PAP Trio 15 Horn speakers, Ampsandsound Casablanca monoblocks, First Sound Audio Mark 3SI preamp,
            Mojo Audio Deja Vu server, Mojo Audio Mystique V3 DAC, The Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, Blue Jeans Ethernet cablling,
            Akiko Corelli, Custom power strip direct wired to panel with OFC copper wire. Inakustik Ref Air 2404 Speaker cable. Genesis and Inakustik NF2404 Air Interconnects.

Comment

Working...
            X