Akai X-150D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Akai X-150D

Got this back up to spec and it sounds and records amazing. I mainly have it to play the 3 3/4 ips recordings that my Otari machine will not.

Lots of stuff!

Nice. I used to own an Akai with built in amp and speaker of similar vintage. You should find a working GX-77 for the 7" reel commercial tapes. I like it better than the GX-747 for being quieter transport with equally good sound not to mention how smaller it is. Ki

Comment

Akai Reel To Reel's are sexy!

Comment

Originally posted by Ki Choi View Post
        Nice. I used to own an Akai with built in amp and speaker of similar vintage. You should find a working GX-77 for the 7" reel commercial tapes. I like it better than the GX-747 for being quieter transport with equally good sound not to mention how smaller it is. Ki
        The GX-77 is a great machine. I have a few reel to reel players and I restored this particular Akai because it was the first machine my father had owned.
        Last edited by charles hidalgo; 07-18-2019, 12:33 AM.
        Lots of stuff!

Comment

That was the deck-only version of the Roberts 771X (which "evolved" into transistorized status in 1968; after being based on the tube Roberts 770X/Akai M-8). You know(?): there was a 15ips adapter capstan sleeve and smaller pinch roller which originally came with those, too.

Comment

Working...
          X