Blast From The Past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blast From The Past

Note: As our coverage of the 2016 New Audio Show has just been posted, I thought it would be interesting to post our report from the 1965 show, in particular to see which brands are still around 50 years later.¬óJohn Atkinson
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
    -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Indeed I was an Acoustic Research Fanboy !!--devouring(?) anything they spat out! Hooked by the Ads --Von Karajan owned them!

AR TT, Amp,AR4X, 2AX- the ones with the 2 Midrange in a V formation semi facing one another, AR3A with the troublesome prone to break Mid Dome, squeaky attenuators ,being the dumb Tiger for punishment fell for the LSTs great while they lasted intact-sadly not that long!--- they also had the flawed Mid Domes-- just too many of them!

But hey " I was so much older then I'm wiser than that now"-- no that doesn't seem right?

Good Listening

Soc

Comment

Working...
    X