Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has nostalgia ever caused you to repurchase audio components you sold years ago?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has nostalgia ever caused you to repurchase audio components you sold years ago?

Sometimes I romanticize the appeal of old gear I owned many years ago. A good example of this for me was the Advent Model 300 receiver. I purchased one new in the mid 1970's to use in a second system. The Model 300 had a decent FM tuner, and a relatively clean 15 watts per channel at .5% THD for rated output. I bought it new for less than $300.00. I liked that little receiver and kept it for several years. Move a head about 38 years and I ran across a very clean Advent Model 300 for sale for $200.00. Remembering my fun with the original Model 300 I owned, I bought the used one. I had absolutely no use for it, I just wanted it. Well, long story short, in today's world the Advent 300 just didn't reignite the original excitement of my mid '70's experience. I played with it for a month, then sold it. I let my imagination and nostalgia get the best of me when I bought it, but it did not live up to today's modern standards. The Advent Model 300 came, stayed 30 days, then left with a new owner. The good thing is I didn't lose any money and was happy to get my $200.00 back. Sometimes hindsight isn't 20/20.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1005347dcccee495545433451a2a4589.jpg Views:	3 Size:	82.6 KB ID:	90545

On the other hand, I have continuously romanticized one audio component since selling it in 1974. I owned and loved the McIntosh MA230 integrated amplifier. It was McIntosh's first integrated amp and had a solid state preamp and a tube power amp on the single chassis. I purchased my original one from a friend who had it stored in a closet because it had a frying type noise in the right right channel so he had stopped using it. I spotted it one day when he had the closet open and made him an offer that he accepted. I got lucky because in less than a month the McIntosh Clinic came to town so I carried the MA230 into the audio dealer hosting the clinic and met Dave O'Brien, the McIntosh tech who kept the McIntosh Clinic on the road. Dave put the MA230 on the bench, replaced all the tubes in the power amplifier and all the transistors in the preamplifier with what he said were newer, quieter ones. Dave also swapped out some capacitors he didn't like the looks of. He never opened a service manual while he was removing parts and adding new ones. That made me a bit nervous. I remember asking him why he wasn't referring to the service manual. Dave chuckled and said not to worry, that he knew the MA230 like the back of his hand. He warmed up the amp, set the output tubes bias, then put it through testing. The integrated amp tested its full 30 watts per channel at 0.5% THD. That was the factory spec on the MA230. Even better, it was now dead quiet. Best of all, there was no cost for the work Dave did. The McIntosh Clinic was free for owners of McIntosh gear. I kept that integrated amplifier for a number of years because it sounded so good, but like a typical audio fool I got excited about a McIntosh receiver and let the MA230 go. Within days I began regretting that move.

Fast forward to 2014. For nearly 40 years I had lamented the absence of the MA230, not because I was not enjoying the equipment I presently owned, but because the MA230 was so good at endearing itself to me every time I listened to it. I never forgot how much pleasure that integrated amp provided me. One day a member in another forum read a post I put up about wishing I had not let my MA230 go all those years ago. He contacted me and said he had his dad's old MA230 in his basement that he had inherited and it had been in storage for 30 years. He said if I wanted it, I could have it. I was so excited. I ordered new McIntosh factory double boxing and shipped it to Gary, and was more than happy to pay shipping to get the MA230 from New York to my home in Florida. When it arrived I put it on my test bench. Knowing it had not been powered in at least 30 years I brought the voltage up slowly using my variac transformer and began some casual testing. I could not get the power tubes to bias properly and the left channel was much weaker than the right channel even after swapping output tubes. I made the decision to let the expert in McIntosh repair bring it back to its glory so I contacted Terry DeWick in Tennessee and got the amp into his repair queue and shipped it to him. The wait was nearly 3 months when an email arrived from Terry with a repair invoice and return shipping cost. He said the MA230 was now in good health and had been merrily playing on his test bench for 3 days. In another five days the MA230 was back in my home connected to a pair of JBL 4312A 3-way monitors and sounding fabulous. All totaled I had just over $700.00 in factory shipping cartons, various shipping destinations, and the repair. I have been thrilled with the entire event. The MA230 is still driving the JBL's, with an Olive 04HD music server and a Tandberg 3011A tuner as source components. It amuses and pleases me to know I am the first to pass an analog signal from a digital source through the MA230. Man, oh man does it sound good. This is one of those times when romanticizing about a long gone component lost absolutely none of its original glow. I am as happy to power on the MA230 today as I was over 45 years ago. It's good to know there is always two sides to every coin.

Click image for larger version  Name:	14566897314_7876818db5_b.jpg Views:	1 Size:	149.3 KB ID:	90543
    Attached Files
    Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE with SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
    LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC452, MR85, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

not so much nostalgia because Its often synonymous with rose colored glasses (been there done that, the '80s Krell KSA-50 comes to mind.). three components ive bought multiple times because they're just too darn good: Quad 57, LS3/5a and Linn LP12 also specific Transfig and Benz cartridges. I still have an example of each of these, some purchased four different times.
    How Do You Beat Audiophile Nervosa?

Step Number 1: Upgrade your music collection first. If you do it correctly that should keep you busy in perpetuity.

Comment

Yup. My first pair of high end speakers were the Audio Physic Virgo IIs that Mikey waxed enthusiastic so many years ago. A good pair came up on Agon for a decent price so I snagged them. For < 1.5K, still makes wonderful music despite my ear gravitating towards all things Magico.
      Kronos Sparta -> Trinity Phono -> Trinity Pre -> CH Precision A1 -> Magico S7s

Comment

• Rob
        Rob commented
        Editing a comment
        Kinda in the same vein, a speaker from the past I never owned but heard many times and didnt get around to acquiring were the Aerial 10Ts. like the Virgos and even Thiel 3.6es they somehow transcend time and can still deliver the goods. As you know, near mint examples today of any of these go for peanuts prices, under 2k.

• allenh
        allenh commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha! I sold my Virgos for the 10Ts which I still have! 20 years old and still does a great job! Unfortunately the head casing is peeling but otherwise in good shape.

No equipment, but records that I sold and then rebought, never should have sold the originals. In all cases, spent much more than I originally paid. Larry
      Analog- VPIClassic3-3DArm,SoundsmithZephyrII+MiyajimaZeroMono, 2xAmpex ATR-102,Doshi3.0 BottleheadPhonoPre,Herron VTPH-2A
      Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,Mykerinos,PacMicroModel2
      Dig Play-mchNADAC, LampiGG, Roon, HQP, Oppo105
      Electronics-Herron 360Pre,CJ MET1mchPre, Cary2A3monoamps
      Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
      Other-512Engineer/Marutani Symmetrical Power, ArtKelmGround1, AudioDiskVinylCleaner,AirTightRecordFlat, Scott Rust Interconnects,
      Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1KR2Rtapes,50TBrips

Comment

• Rob
        Rob commented
        Editing a comment
        I could tell you some stories about seller's regret and vinyl, how many hours do you have?

• MylesBAstor
        MylesBAstor commented
        Editing a comment
        Of course there are other effects to not selling. Like going I know this album will sound better on my next system. Only it doesn’t. And you look like a hoarder.

I sold stuff that probably would be worth something now. Regardless knew I would never listen to these LPs no matter what because I didn’t like music.

Great thread!

Guess I am lucky because being space challenged limits my options.

Probably the only component that I’d like back would be my old Parnassus cartridge. And that would be just to turn it into an Olympos. I traded my old Parnassus in for the Parnassus DCT.

Non-owned component fantasy that I would love to play around with essentially revolves around old tonearms. Would love to listen to a SAEC, Miceo Seiki, Audiocraft, FR and Technics arms. OK maybe an Air Tangent too but I have pretty much sworn off air bearing arms. But I still think the AT is one of the all time great arms.
      Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
      Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
      -cj 40th Anniversary ART300 monoblock amplifiers
      -cj GAT preamplifier Series 2 preamplifier
      -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
      -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
      -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
      -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
      -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
      -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
      -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by jdandy View Post
        Sometimes I romanticize the appeal of old gear I owned many years ago. A good example of this for me was the Advent Model 300 receiver. I purchased one new in the mid 1970's to use in a second system. The Model 300 had a decent FM tuner, and a relatively clean 15 watts per channel at .5% THD for rated output. I bought it new for less than $300.00. I liked that little receiver and kept it for several years. Move a head about 38 years and I ran across a very clean Advent Model 300 for sale for $200.00. Remembering my fun with the original Model 300 I owned, I bought the used one. I had absolutely no use for it, I just wanted it. Well, long story short, in today's world the Advent 300 just didn't reignite the original excitement of my mid '70's experience. I played with it for a month, then sold it. I let my imagination and nostalgia get the best of me when I bought it, but it did not live up to today's modern standards. The Advent Model 300 came, stayed 30 days, then left with a new owner. The good thing is I didn't lose any money and was happy to get my $200.00 back. Sometimes hindsight isn't 20/20.

Click image for larger version Name:	1005347dcccee495545433451a2a4589.jpg Views:	3 Size:	82.6 KB ID:	90545

On the other hand, I have continuously romanticized one audio component since selling it in 1974. I owned and loved the McIntosh MA230 integrated amplifier. It was McIntosh's first integrated amp and had a solid state preamp and a tube power amp on the single chassis. I purchased my original one from a friend who had it stored in a closet because it had a frying type noise in the right right channel so he had stopped using it. I spotted it one day when he had the closet open and made him an offer that he accepted. I got lucky because in less than a month the McIntosh Clinic came to town so I carried the MA230 into the audio dealer hosting the clinic and met Dave O'Brien, the McIntosh tech who kept the McIntosh Clinic on the road. Dave put the MA230 on the bench, replaced all the tubes in the power amplifier and all the transistors in the preamplifier with what he said were newer, quieter ones. Dave also swapped out some capacitors he didn't like the looks of. He never opened a service manual while he was removing parts and adding new ones. That made me a bit nervous. I remember asking him why he wasn't referring to the service manual. Dave chuckled and said not to worry, that he knew the MA230 like the back of his hand. He warmed up the amp, set the output tubes bias, then put it through testing. The integrated amp tested its full 30 watts per channel at 0.5% THD. That was the factory spec on the MA230. Even better, it was now dead quiet. Best of all, there was no cost for the work Dave did. The McIntosh Clinic was free for owners of McIntosh gear. I kept that integrated amplifier for a number of years because it sounded so good, but like a typical audio fool I got excited about a McIntosh receiver and let the MA230 go. Within days I began regretting that move.

Fast forward to 2014. For nearly 40 years I had lamented the absence of the MA230, not because I was not enjoying the equipment I presently owned, but because the MA230 was so good at endearing itself to me every time I listened to it. I never forgot how much pleasure that integrated amp provided me. One day a member in another forum read a post I put up about wishing I had not let my MA230 go all those years ago. He contacted me and said he had his dad's old MA230 in his basement that he had inherited and it had been in storage for 30 years. He said if I wanted it, I could have it. I was so excited. I ordered new McIntosh factory double boxing and shipped it to Gary, and was more than happy to pay shipping to get the MA230 from New York to my home in Florida. When it arrived I put it on my test bench. Knowing it had not been powered in at least 30 years I brought the voltage up slowly using my variac transformer and began some casual testing. I could not get the power tubes to bias properly and the left channel was much weaker than the right channel even after swapping output tubes. I made the decision to let the expert in McIntosh repair bring it back to its glory so I contacted Terry DeWick in Tennessee and got the amp into his repair queue and shipped it to him. The wait was nearly 3 months when an email arrived from Terry with a repair invoice and return shipping cost. He said the MA230 was now in good health and had been merrily playing on his test bench for 3 days. In another five days the MA230 was back in my home connected to a pair of JBL 4312A 3-way monitors and sounding fabulous. All totaled I had just over $700.00 in factory shipping cartons, various shipping destinations, and the repair. I have been thrilled with the entire event. The MA230 is still driving the JBL's, with an Olive 04HD music server and a Tandberg 3011A tuner as source components. It amuses and pleases me to know I am the first to pass an analog signal from a digital source through the MA230. Man, oh man does it sound good. This is one of those times when romanticizing about a long gone component lost absolutely none of its original glow. I am as happy to power on the MA230 today as I was over 45 years ago. It's good to know there is always two sides to every coin.

Click image for larger version Name:	14566897314_7876818db5_b.jpg Views:	1 Size:	149.3 KB ID:	90543
        FYI one of my best friends from college bought the Advent 300 from Tech HIFI back in the day. I think,they sold a lot of the model 300. IIRC some even used it as a preamp.
        Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
        Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
        -cj 40th Anniversary ART300 monoblock amplifiers
        -cj GAT preamplifier Series 2 preamplifier
        -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
        -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
        -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
        -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
        -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
        -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
        -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
          not so much nostalgia because Its often synonymous with rose colored glasses (been there done that, the '80s Krell KSA-50 comes to mind.). three components ive bought multiple times because they're just too darn good: Quad 57, LS3/5a and Linn LP12 also specific Transfig and Benz cartridges. I still have an example of each of these, some purchased four different times.
          I've bought the ESLs 3 different times. Convinced I could do better - if everything else has to go the ESLs will stay.
          Front end: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 Power Supplies and Volume controls
          Brinkmann La Grange & RonT Tube Power supply with Kuzma 4-point ,FR64S, Brinkmann 12.1 , Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum, Lyra Atlas, Lyra Etna SL Goldfinger Statement, KLAUDIO RCM, HRSM3X
          Amps: Wyetech Topaz, Futterman H3 Quad II,Citation II, Marantz 8b, 5 ,2
          Pre-Amps: ARC SP 3a, Marantz 7, Marantz Model 1 Consolette Pair
          Speakers: Quad ESL 57, Beveridge Model 3 DD amps, REL S/2 x 2

Comment

• kcin
            kcin commented
            Editing a comment
            The 63's are arguably a better speaker in most ways. I have had both the 63 USA monitors and the ESLs for years both in top shape. The Quads actually like push pull tubes although the Futterman is nice on both. In the end the ESL kept on delivering on my priorities and had to sell off the 63s for space.

• MylesBAstor
            MylesBAstor commented
            Editing a comment
            I just don’t like the feeling of listening through a mail box slot with 57s.

Futterman is a nice combo. My buddy had one with Crosby Quads. George Kaye modded the Futterman and when they worked, might have been the best sound he’s ever had, current equipment included. Only problem was the modded Futtermans were in the shop every three months and my buddy quickly grew tired of being without music for a month or more.

That said Robyn Wyatt had some (8 W)?) OTLs from Japan that he was distributing on 57s at a couple of shows and that combo was pretty nice.

• kcin
            kcin commented
            Editing a comment
            I have had my Futterman restored by me in service for over 20 years it's been bullet proof except for current hogging tubes which can happen in any design - at least the Futterman lets you measure the current with an ammeter in its design so you can periodically check

Sort of...

I BADLY wanted a Pioneer RT-707 reel to reel when I was growing up. Every time the J&R Muaic World catalog showed up I would just stare at it, wishing. Couldn’t afford it though.

Five or so so years ago I finally bought one, and WOW. It was everything I thought it would be, and more. And then of course I started down the reel to reel slope, and you can all see what happened...

I still have the 707, though, and it’s a keeper
          TAPE: Studer A807, A810; Revox B77 MkII; Tascam BR-20; Technics RS-1700; Pioneer RT-707, RT-909
          VINYL: Pioneer PL-50LII/Benz LP-S MR/ModWright PH 9.0; Denon DP59-L/Dynavector 20xH
          DIGITAL: Oppo BDP-95, MacMini > Oppo Sonica/Pioneer N-50
          SPEAKERS: B&W Nautilus 800, Pioneer DSS-9
          AMPS: Cary SLP-05/Sunfire Signature 600, Pioneer SX-1980

Comment

I haven't yet, but there are two that someday I hope to buy again.

1. The Acoustat Monitors - I heard these when they first came out at Paul Heath Audio in Rochester, NY,and fell in love. Then in 1981 found a used set in perfect condition for $1500. Used them until 1988 and still kick myself for getting rid of them.

2. Sennheiser HD-424 headphones. I was a head-fier way back in 1976/77! Stanton turntable, Kenwood KA-3500 integrated amp (still have that) and the Sennheiser headphones. Didn't add speakers for almost a year. That set lasted until the mid 1980s when at a gathering of the local audio society at my house someone apparently walked off with them.

I have two non-working Advent 300 receivers. Would like to trade out with someone, fix both, send one to me and keep one as payment!
            Steve Lefkowicz
            Senior Associate Editor at Positive Feedback
            --------------------------------------------------------
            http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...ounding-system

Comment

Back in the 1990s I worked for a Mirage dealer. Since then I've had a few pair and practically gave away the last pair. I've been on the hunt for another pair but I haven't come across the "Right" pair at the "Right" price. I really want a pair of M3si but the tweeters are unobtanium and the midranges have foam surrounds that rot so I'm hoping to come across a nice pair of OM5s, but I still feel the M series is where the magic was.

Comment

• Rob
                Rob commented
                Editing a comment
                The Mirage M1 was a fabulous speaker, it was the first box speaker I heard up to that point with the see through transparency of stats but with tight extended bass, just awesome. Whenever it comes up in conversation it always seems someone will chime in with a similar sentiment.

• Boltman92124
                Boltman92124 commented
                Editing a comment
                I am still in the game with my M7si's! 22 years old. I bought them over Martin Logan Aerius and Thiel 1.5 at the time. It was a tough call. The surrounds on the drivers look perfect to this day and they perform like new.

I lust for a Wadia 27ix I got rid of as well as a Krell phono pre that I loved! I also wish I could have my Maggie MG-III speakers as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Lefkowicz View Post
                I haven't yet, but there are two that someday I hope to buy again.

1. The Acoustat Monitors - I heard these when they first came out at Paul Heath Audio in Rochester, NY,and fell in love. Then in 1981 found a used set in perfect condition for $1500. Used them until 1988 and still kick myself for getting rid of them.

2. Sennheiser HD-424 headphones. I was a head-fier way back in 1976/77! Stanton turntable, Kenwood KA-3500 integrated amp (still have that) and the Sennheiser headphones. Didn't add speakers for almost a year. That set lasted until the mid 1980s when at a gathering of the local audio society at my house someone apparently walked off with them.

I have two non-working Advent 300 receivers. Would like to trade out with someone, fix both, send one to me and keep one as payment!
                love those direct drive acoustats!
                Front end: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 Power Supplies and Volume controls
                Brinkmann La Grange & RonT Tube Power supply with Kuzma 4-point ,FR64S, Brinkmann 12.1 , Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum, Lyra Atlas, Lyra Etna SL Goldfinger Statement, KLAUDIO RCM, HRSM3X
                Amps: Wyetech Topaz, Futterman H3 Quad II,Citation II, Marantz 8b, 5 ,2
                Pre-Amps: ARC SP 3a, Marantz 7, Marantz Model 1 Consolette Pair
                Speakers: Quad ESL 57, Beveridge Model 3 DD amps, REL S/2 x 2

Comment

Many (it seems!) years ago I traveled from home in South-East England to Scotland for work, and on one occasion returned home with a pair of Leema Xavier loudspeakers.
                  They were epic. Truly, truly awesome. They survived comparative auditions with Audio Physic Virgos, Amphion Xenons, and many other speakers with new ticket prices of up to £9k. Yup - call it US $12k, now - probably more at the time.

Beautifully finished, and so well supported by Lee and Mallory (LeeMa). You could phone the company and have a yarn with the guys who designed and built them.

They weighed around 35kg each, stood in at 960 x 233 x 350 mm, 4Ω impedance, 86db sensitivity, and advertised response ±3db from 28Hz - 30KHz. Using some professional (studio) kit we actually saw 23Hz in room with no audible evidence of wooliness or boom. Just sharp sound.

They were one of the stars at a show in the UK:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DPP_0019.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	92410
                  (AVI S2000MC CD player, EAD DSP1000 Mk3 DAC, Acurus P10 pre amp and A250 power amps. Several pieces of ex-bathroom marble slab...)

It was a big, oddly shaped room, but we regularly had 30 or 40 people in there, listening, foot tapping, nodding... Drinking my coffee...!

If I had a gripe about them, it was that they could be a bit picky about positioning. At the show, a very good friend was enjoying the music, but when I suggested he moved back 2 rows and across a bit, his jaw dropped. Even in a large room, a small change of sitting position made an astonishing difference.

During the time I had these, they were partnered by many amplifiers, including some ridiculous mis-matches: a Vaic 2A3 2-channel power amp was never going to 'go low', but the combination produced some truly amazing mid-range. Perhaps the most astonishing pairing was with a pair of huge 6C33C-powered Navison NVS-003g OTL monoblocks.

I'd have another pair if I could find them, but they were never exported to New Zealand. If anyone finds a pair that have been slid on their sides across a rough concrete floor, they'll do very nicely!
                  DIY TT w/ Transrotor mech, Roksan Tabriz Zi, SAE 1000LT
                  Vacuum State JLTi phono stage, SAS B11a pre-amp, DIY 2A3 monoblocks
                  DIY HD XMOS-based USB->S/PDIF converter, Danish Audio Designs 3-box DAC10
                  DIY 3-way folded line speakers, DIY Open Baffles

Comment

gjm.......Good post. The Leema Xavier loudspeakers look very attracive. I have little doubt they sound as good as you described. It is a shame you parted with them.
                    Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE with SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
                    LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC452, MR85, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

Comment

...seems like my whole fascination with horn loudspeakers, vacuum tube amps, and vinyl have me chasing nostalgia in a sense... but never rebought an old piece of gear (yet).

Would love to hear an old Moth 2A3 or pair of Don Garber fi monos that I never had though.
                      Listening/Living room 25.5x14.5x8.5, modestly live & dynamic, Brinkmann Balance w/RöNT II PS, HRS, Reed P3-12, Miyajima Zero, Avid Acutus SP, SME V w/Kondo fairyhair silver litz, Lyra Kleos, Linn Sondek LP12 w/Ittok LVII, Nakamichi ZX-7, SCD-XA5400ES, Aesthetix Calypso & Rhea Signatures, Nordost TYR Norse 2 XLR IC, Silent Source Music Ref mains, Atma-Sphere MA1 Mk.3.4 OTL Silver Edition monoblocks, Elrod EPS-3 Sign power cables, Coincident PREt, PS Audio Premiere, Yamamoto racks, SMARTractor

Comment

Working...
                      X