IPI Direct Copy Sampler Tape

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPI Direct Copy Sampler Tape

Believe me this is no ordinary sampler tape. Amazing assortment of selections including a track from Jonathan’s newest recording effort. A nice write up on each selection. Each cut is separated by leader. Best of all, a second generation copy off the 8 track master and all that brings. Thank you Jonathan for clearly going beyond the call of duty in putting this sampler together for forum members!!!

This is the tape to hear if you’ve ever been curious about Jonathan’s recordings and/or buying some of his releases. Please respond in this thread, not by email, of your interest in hearing this sampler.
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
    -cj 40th Anniversary ART300 monoblock amplifiers
    -Ensemble Fuoco hybrid integrated amplifier
    -cj GAT preamplifier Series 2 preamplifier
    -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180927_201855.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	2.50 MB
ID:	98077Click image for larger version

Name:	20180927_201905.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	2.60 MB
ID:	98076

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post
        Believe me this is no ordinary sampler tape. Amazing assortment of selections including a track from Jonathan’s newest recording effort. A nice write up on each selection. Each cut is separated by leader. Best of all, a second generation copy off the 8 track master and all that brings. Thank you Jonathan for clearly going beyond the call of duty in putting this sampler together for forum members!!!

This is the tape to hear if you’ve ever been curious about Jonathan’s recordings and/or buying some of his releases. Please respond in this thread, not by email, of your interest in hearing this sampler.
        I can’t speak highly enough of Jonathan’s efforts.
        Speakers: Horning Eufrodite Ellipse III on Stillpoints Ultra 5S feet
        Amplifier: Silver Circle Audio 300B Monoblocks with Takatsuki 300B tubes
        Preamp: TW Acustic RPA-100 Line Stage
        Phono Stage: TW Acustic RPS-100
        Turntable - TW Acustic Raven AC w/ Black Knight Anniversary Upgrades
        Tonearm: Kuzma 4-Point 14" with Air Tight Opus-1 Cartridge
        Tonearm: TW 10.5" with Miyajima Zero Mono
        Vinyl Care: Audio Desk Pro Ultrasonic & VPI 16.5 RCM
        CD/SACD: Playback Designs MP-5 to Bricasti M1 DAC
        Tape: Tascam 42B-NB (Refurb by Soren Wittrup)
        Tape Stage: Doshi V.3
        Power Conditioner: (2) Silver Circle Audio TCHAIK 6
        Wire: Custom Furutech PC's & IC's + Inakustik LS-4004 Air Speaker Cables
        Tweaks: Stillpoints Aperture II Panels & Stillpoints Ultra SS's sprinkled about - SRA Ohio Class and Symposium Super Plus Platforms

Comment

One of the best, most active and reasonable on the pre-recorded open reel tape market.
          Sketsoteric Audio: "Analog Sound, Digital Flexibility"
          http://mortechpr.wixsite.com/cassetteadventures
          http://mortechpr.wixsite.com/cgmasteringservices

Comment

Thank you all for your kind comments. Very appreciated. I hope the sampler tape proves useful to those who have not heard the music and sound of IPI's tapes.
            JLH

Comment

Jonathan,
              Are you attending RMAF, care to bring a tape along for the audience to enjoy ?
              warm regards
              Philip O'Hanlon

Comment

Just sent you private message on this but email me at jonathanhorwich@me.com
                JLH

Comment

This is one of the sampler tapes I won’t sign up to hear ONLY because I already own all of the tapes that it draws from

Love Jonathan’s work...I have almost all of his Jazz recordings on tape. Great stuff.
                  TAPE: Studer A807, A810; Revox B77 MkII; Tascam BR-20; Technics RS-1700; Pioneer RT-707, RT-909
                  VINYL: Pioneer PL-50LII/Benz LP-S MR/ModWright PH 9.0; Denon DP59-L/Dynavector 20xH
                  DIGITAL: Oppo BDP-95, MacMini > Oppo Sonica/Pioneer N-50
                  SPEAKERS: B&W Nautilus 800, Pioneer DSS-9
                  AMPS: Cary SLP-05/Sunfire Signature 600, Pioneer SX-1980

Comment

Originally posted by On A Higher Note View Post
                    Jonathan,
                    Are you attending RMAF, care to bring a tape along for the audience to enjoy ?
                    warm regards
                    Philip O'Hanlon
                    Hi Philip!

Glad to have you aboard. Philip—for those who haven’t had the opportunity to meet him—has for better than two decades imported many fine lines of into the US (his first big line being Halcro many years ago?) Currently his stable of products include Gryphon (relatively new line and the company’s first representation in the US in two decades?), NADAC, Vivid Audio, Luxman, Artesania among others.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

Philip has incredible taste in music. Ever hear his annual samplers? Good stuff!
                      Magico M-Project, CAT JL7s, CJ GAT/darTZeel 18NS, Kronos Pro Limited Edition/Black Beauty/Atlas SL/Opus-1,CH Precision P1, Schiit Yggdrasil, KS Elation ICs & SCs

Comment

So how does one get in this list to get Jonathan's Sampler? Is the tape still making the rounds? Can someone please add me to this list?

If whomever have this tape is ready to ship out and you think I could be next, please first write to me through here to get my attention because I am not getting notifications whenever any of you PM me and I may miss it.

Thanks!

Oz
                        Last edited by vinylrules; 11-04-2018, 08:42 AM.
                        Let There Be Sound • President (Weston, FL)
                        Zavalinka Records • U.S. Distributor

•Open Reel: Revox A77 (1/4 track), Revox A77 (1/2 track), Tascam 32, Teac X-1000R •Cassette: Nakamichi 680ZX, Nakamichi BX-300, JVC KD-A8 •Turntables: VPI Avenger Reference/Koetsu Black Goldline, Yamaha PX-2 •Electronics: Herron Audio VTPH-2A, Herron Audio VTSP-3A/360, Cary Audio DAC-200ts, Mac mini, Cary Audio CAD-120S MkII •Loudspeakers: System Audio Pandion 30 & Legend 40 Silverback

Comment

I would like to hear this tape, so can I be put on the list.

Comment

Eagle (a.k.a. Jonathan's Sampler) landed in Weston, Florida earlier today.

I did not have a chance to play it today but expect to be able to do so tomorrow and hopefully a couple more passes throughout
                            this holiday weekend. Sometime next week let's figure out who's next in line.

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

Oz
                            Let There Be Sound • President (Weston, FL)
                            Zavalinka Records • U.S. Distributor

•Open Reel: Revox A77 (1/4 track), Revox A77 (1/2 track), Tascam 32, Teac X-1000R •Cassette: Nakamichi 680ZX, Nakamichi BX-300, JVC KD-A8 •Turntables: VPI Avenger Reference/Koetsu Black Goldline, Yamaha PX-2 •Electronics: Herron Audio VTPH-2A, Herron Audio VTSP-3A/360, Cary Audio DAC-200ts, Mac mini, Cary Audio CAD-120S MkII •Loudspeakers: System Audio Pandion 30 & Legend 40 Silverback

Comment

Can Vinylrules tell me where the sampler tape is? Was it shipped to someone else? Or maybe Myles knows. Thank you.
                              Last edited by jonathanhorwich; 11-30-2018, 12:41 AM.
                              JLH

Comment

Working...
                              X