No announcement yet.

IPI Direct Copy Sampler Tape

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone let me know where the IPI sampler tape is? Thank you.
    JLH

Comment

UPDATE

Just to keep everyone in the loop (and Jonathan and I have already spoken), his IPI Sampler is still with me, and has been with me since November 20th if you had been paying attention to this thread where I posted on Nov. 20th that the tape had arrived.

With the Thanksgiving holiday having happened the following week after receiving the tape, I am afraid I only got to finally enjoy Jonathan's tape only a few days ago. You know, family in town and work, life just seemed to keep conspiring to rob me of all my free time :-)

In any event, even though I don't personally feel I've kept this tape an excessive amount of time (is 16 days excessive by any reasonable standard?) Jonathan has requested I rush his tape immediately back to John Devore whom *oddly enough* is the same person I received the IPI Sampler from so go figure? I guess I don't need to understand that and of course I will do as he request as a courtesy.

Lastly, I would like to apologize to Jonathan for not having replied to his two inquiries poasted on this thread earlier. The first one on Nov. 29th, and the second one yesterday Nov. 6th. I simply had no clue he had been trying to reach me simply because the notifications from the Audionirvana system did not show up in a timely manner. Heck, in fact, the notification from his Nov. 29th post just *never* made it to me.

Oh and get this, the notification from his latest inquiry yesterday (above) which we can all see was posted @ 2:38pm, finally showed up in my inbox @ 3:11am this morning! What on earth? (please see attached screenshot). No wonder it may have appeared as if I was blowing him off when I was not! ;(

Anyway, although I wished I'd have a few extra days to play this most excellent tape, I will honor Jonathan's request and rush this out to John Devore later today. I will submit to both parties the FedEx tracking #

All my best!

Let There Be Sound • President (Weston, FL)
      Zavalinka Records • U.S. Distributor

•Open Reel: Revox A77 (1/4 track), Revox A77 (1/2 track), Tascam 32, Teac X-1000R •Cassette: Nakamichi 680ZX, Nakamichi BX-300, JVC KD-A8 •Turntables: VPI Avenger Reference/Koetsu Black Goldline, Yamaha PX-2 •Electronics: Herron Audio VTPH-2A, Herron Audio VTSP-3A/360, Cary Audio DAC-200ts, Mac mini, Cary Audio CAD-120S MkII •Loudspeakers: System Audio Pandion 30 & Legend 40 Silverback

Comment

Originally posted by vinylrules View Post
        UPDATE

Just to keep everyone in the loop (and Jonathan and I have already spoken), his IPI Sampler is still with me, and has been with me since November 20th if you had been paying attention to this thread where I posted on Nov. 20th that the tape had arrived.

With the Thanksgiving holiday having happened the following week after receiving the tape, I am afraid I only got to finally enjoy Jonathan's tape only a few days ago. You know, family in town and work, life just seemed to keep conspiring to rob me of all my free time :-)

In any event, even though I don't personally feel I've kept this tape an excessive amount of time (is 16 days excessive by any reasonable standard?) Jonathan has requested I rush his tape immediately back to John Devore whom *oddly enough* is the same person I received the IPI Sampler from so go figure? I guess I don't need to understand that and of course I will do as he request as a courtesy.

Lastly, I would like to apologize to Jonathan for not having replied to his two inquiries poasted on this thread earlier. The first one on Nov. 29th, and the second one yesterday Nov. 6th. I simply had no clue he had been trying to reach me simply because the notifications from the Audionirvana system did not show up in a timely manner. Heck, in fact, the notification from his Nov. 29th post just *never* made it to me.

Oh and get this, the notification from his latest inquiry yesterday (above) which we can all see was posted @ 2:38pm, finally showed up in my inbox @ 3:11am this morning! What on earth? (please see attached screenshot). No wonder it may have appeared as if I was blowing him off when I was not! ;(

Anyway, although I wished I'd have a few extra days to play this most excellent tape, I will honor Jonathan's request and rush this out to John Devore later today. I will submit to both parties the FedEx tracking #

All my best!
        Oz,

I don't know if these settings are known to you, so take this as an offer of help.

Besides the site notification box on the top right of the screen which shows subscribed communications notifications each time one logs in to Audionirvana, there could be some settings in the email notification that are selectable and may be of help listed below.

Regarding email notifications:
        - In your user profile, there is a "Edit Settings" selection key just below your subscription and subscriber listing on the lower left side of that page.
        - Click that selection key: "Edit Settings"
        - It will go to the User Settings pages.
        - There will be four tabs to select in User Settings (Profile, Account, Privacy, and Notifications)
        - Select the "Notifications" tab
        - Once there you will see the "Email Notifications" selection drop down selection box
        - Check the selection and see if you have notifications set for "On", "On daily", "On Weekly".
        - An "On Weekly" setting may possibly explain why you are receiving the notifications later.
        - If it is set for "On, weekly" you can set it for "On Daily" or "On" (Note: "On" should send most frequently)
        - Click the "Save Changes" button on the right side of the screen to save the selections.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I hope the posted text was helpful.

This is for other readers:

Note: One much have the option check boxes desired selected in the "General", "Discussions", and "Private Messages" sections in order to receive email notifications.

Dre
        Last edited by Dre_J; 12-07-2018, 09:59 AM. Reason: Added the final step to "Save Changes" after making selections
        Every day is a good day to play analog.
        - 12" 33-1/3 RPM or 45 RPM vinyl
        - 10.5" 15ips or 30ips tape
        Every day is a good day for live music.

Comment

• Dre_J
          Dre_J commented
          Editing a comment
          Jonathan,

I saw the comment about 16 days but didn't address it in my response since my post was geared towards the absence of receiving timely email notifications.

I've mentioned the "Rules of the Road" Myles put together in posts before this. Unfortunately, some recipients haven't read it and in some cases the next recipient on a list wasn't identified before the "couple of days" time was up. So, the situation has had a few bumps in the road going both ways --this is purely from my observational position of not being involved with coordination of the circle. I'm not involved in the management of the list and who gets tapes, when they ship out, or tracking the locations of them.

However, I've been concerned about members following the rules as mentioned here: https://www.audionirvana.org/forum/t...es-of-the-road

As you can see from this link above this sentance and Sklab's post, there is a time limit already.

Recipients may need a reminder to review the rules and agree again before taking delivery.

• jonathanhorwich
          jonathanhorwich commented
          Editing a comment
          Dre_J. Oh am I embarrassed. Had no idea. Well now I know it isn't just a "feeling" So good to have sensible rules. Thank you for steering me.

• vinylrules
          vinylrules commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you. I will go back and see if I have turned everything on I need to so I don't miss future notifications. I though I had done that prior but some I never received, and the rest are not showing up in a timely manner. For example, I happen to be up now (it's 3:17am Monday morning) and the only reason I am even here now is because the last post on this thread from Etunes which I can see was posted at 7:19pm has just shown up in my inbox at 3:04 in the morning.

I did not get notifications for Jonathan's, Skylab's or your posts Dre_J so clearly some of these notifications are falling throught he cracks. I am not getting everything. Bummer.

Not trying to pick on you, Vinyrules, but I think 16 days IS an excessive period of time to have kept the tape. In Myles’s “Rules of the Road”, https://www.audionirvana.org/forum/t...es-of-the-road, it clearly states people should keep the tape for “couple of days”. I have participated in a lot of tape circles on other forums, and what tends to kill them is people holding onto tapes longer than agreed. If you have 10 people who want to hear a tape, and people keep the tapes for longer than just a few days, the whole rotation can easily end up taking a YEAR. To sign up to participate in a program like this is to agree NOT to let “life get in the way”, and to honor the rules of the program. Get the tape, play it a few times within a day or two of getting it,and then send it on. If that’s not feasible, just don’t signup to participate.

Anyway, that’s my two cents, I think it’s important to say, because I would like to see these continue.
        TAPE: Studer A807, A810; Revox B77 MkII; Tascam BR-20; Technics RS-1700; Pioneer RT-707, RT-909
        VINYL: Pioneer PL-50LII/Benz LP-S MR/ModWright PH 9.0; Denon DP59-L/Dynavector 20xH
        DIGITAL: Oppo BDP-95, MacMini > Oppo Sonica/Pioneer N-50
        SPEAKERS: B&W Nautilus 800, Pioneer DSS-9
        AMPS: Cary SLP-05/Sunfire Signature 600, Pioneer SX-1980

Comment

• vinylrules
          vinylrules commented
          Editing a comment
          Skylab I too have participated in several such tape projects, twice I've launched my own, and I must say that in my experience the typical time allowed is closer to 7 to 10 days. To me, this is far more realistic in practice only because, you know, people work, go out of town unexpectedly, or get sick, or a piece of equipment goes down, etc.

But that's irrelevant and does not apply to this particular project. We have a suggested 2 day turn around as a "guideline"

All I can say in my defense is that having received Jonathan's tape in the days before Thanksgiving week really screwed me up as that week was basically a throw away week for me. Terrible timing as I had to break down my system for the whole week with the myriad of family members arriving from out of town. I had to give up the family room. Ugh!

In any event, going forward, this shall not happen again. I will make sure of it.

Peace out!

• vinylrules
          vinylrules commented
          Editing a comment
          Follow up comment...

I have been in line to get the next master tape since Nov. 1st. when I first requested it and was under the impression I was next in line to receive it. The tape in question is the Ed Pong's UltraAnalogue Tape.

This brings up an interesting question, even if there was one or two people ahead of me (which I don't think there was) why have I not received the tape 6 weeks after my initial request if we are strictly adhering to the 2 day turn around guideline?

Does anyone know where it is? Did it get pulled out of circulation by the owner of the tape? I am only curious as to the tape's whereabouts. I just hope it didn't get lost. Oh and I am totally cool with waiting as long as necessary. I am not in a hurry and consider myself an extremely patient fellow.

I am only humbly pointing out that from time to time it seems some of these tapes are staying "out there" for more than a week or two at each pit stop.

Just to add my experience, when we used to circulate Grateful Dead tapes via vines, if someone had the main copy more than 2 days we started an intervention...

And we were all stoners!
        Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio V3 Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS; Durand Telos and SME 3012R Tonearms, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Miyajima Madake, Miyajima Zero, Benz Micro LPS; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810; Studer A812; Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC> Lampizator Big 7 DAC

Comment

I’m interested in this sample tape. Thx!

Comment

• jonathanhorwich
            jonathanhorwich commented
            Editing a comment
            I will coordinate with Myles on my tape but there is going to be a slight delay while I regroup. But I'll make sure I get it to you. Thanks so much.

Dear Vinylrules,

Interesting, you're in line for my tape from UltraAnalogue. I don't know where it's been or where it is...
          I think I was one of the 1st to offer a sampler tape to this - but I have not really seen any comments on it.....(good or bad...) I'm not on much & maybe I missed it....
          I think the tracks I included were pretty cool, so I'm a bit disappointed to see no feedback.... Ed

Comment

Man I dropped off awhile back. I am not sure who's got the UltraAnalogue finally but I am still most interested in listening to it. I will go to that thread an inquire.

Cheers to all!

Oz
          Let There Be Sound • President (Weston, FL)
          Zavalinka Records • U.S. Distributor

•Open Reel: Revox A77 (1/4 track), Revox A77 (1/2 track), Tascam 32, Teac X-1000R •Cassette: Nakamichi 680ZX, Nakamichi BX-300, JVC KD-A8 •Turntables: VPI Avenger Reference/Koetsu Black Goldline, Yamaha PX-2 •Electronics: Herron Audio VTPH-2A, Herron Audio VTSP-3A/360, Cary Audio DAC-200ts, Mac mini, Cary Audio CAD-120S MkII •Loudspeakers: System Audio Pandion 30 & Legend 40 Silverback

Comment

Originally posted by vinylrules View Post
            Man I dropped off awhile back. I am not sure who's got the UltraAnalogue finally but I am still most interested in listening to it. I will go to that thread an inquire.

Cheers to all!

Oz
            Go here: https://www.audionirvana.org/forum/t...change-round-2
            - Add a comment (not a quote reply) to the tape Myles listed if you want to be on the current list for round two of the sampler tape exchange.
            Every day is a good day to play analog.
            - 12" 33-1/3 RPM or 45 RPM vinyl
            - 10.5" 15ips or 30ips tape
            Every day is a good day for live music.

Comment

Working...
            X